Footshooters United

Terrymac1966

Dummet certainly takes the biscuit tonight with a big shotgun aimed at the foot.

Was thinking of past times when our own players shot us in the foot.

Nick Pope with that stupid handball springs to mind which left us keeperless for the cup final.

Going back have you got memories of players that needlessly cocked the job up for reasons best known to themselves....

12 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Dummet certainly takes the biscuit tonight with a big shotgun aimed at the foot.

Was thinking of past times when our own players shot us in the foot.

Nick Pope with that stupid handball springs to mind which left us keeperless for the cup final.

Going back have you got memories of players that needlessly cocked the job up for reasons best known to themselves....

Titus Bramble ruined my teenage years. We’ve had some dark periods but bramble boumsong would do some of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen. There used to be a compilation of his own goals online ages ago. Made Harry Maguire look like Maldini. 

Edited by Sufi

Just now, Terrymac1966 said:

Forgot about that...Dyer v Bowyer was an all time low 🤕

Just about to post this! 

2 minutes ago, Sufi said:

Titus Bramble ruined my teenage years. We’ve had some dark periods but bramble boumsong would do some of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen. There used to be a compilation of his own goals online ages ago. Made Harry Maguire look like Maldini. 

Andy Obrien was almost an upgrade back then

3 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Andy Obrien was almost an upgrade back then

Remember refreshing newsnow.com 1,000 times per transfer window praying for us to sign Matthew Upson 😆 

I think we ended up settling on Oguchi “Gooch” Onyewu. 

God heard our cries and sent us the Saudis 

Edited by Sufi

Just now, OpenC said:

I can't actually remember what Ciaran Clark did wrong, although he always comes to mind

Got sent off very early into a must win game v. Norwich at home. We ended up drawing.

Stevie Taylor has this sewn up.  That time when he dived full length and punched the ball clear.

And the sniper against Villa.

Edited by Sima

2 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I can't actually remember what Ciaran Clark did wrong, although he always comes to mind

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Got sent off very early into a must win game v. Norwich at home. We ended up drawing.

This....absolutely crazy

Drawing at Arsenal and a clearly injured Danny Simpson going up to take an attacking throw in, Arsenal break on the side he couldn't run back to. Thick as mince stuff.

I'm going to add a happy one - Steve Walsh's bizarre tackle / backpass OG, Leicester away final day of the 91/92 season.  It sent me and my cousins crackers in my granddad's kitchen - he jumped and smashed the radio by knocking it off the table (or he broke the wireless in the scullery, as he would have said).  Had to scramble into the living room to check on Grandstand that the game had ended.  I know we didn't need a winner it turned out, but we didn't know that then ...

3 hours ago, Joe1984 said:

Shay Given and the Dion Dublin gaffe! 🤣

I was there that day! :)

Rob Lee howitzer with a couple of mins left, too

edit: what should have been an enjoyably mad game was ruined by a lot of racist chanting from the Newcastle end.  ‘Town full of p***s’. Fucking abysmal

Edited by TheBrownBottle