Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 13/4/24 @ 12:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Why do we have two full backs on the bench and not in the team ? 

Because as Howe said neither have trained all week and both are recovering from injury. Sensible thing not to put them straight back in, unlike what we did previously this season and rushing players back.

Praying that's a 5-3-2 or some equivalent...

Putting Burn at left back given his last couple of performances at CB makes me want to vomit.

I think Barnes will be on the left. So Howe might want the insurance of Burn behind him. 

Not exactly a great choice. But I think I’d rather Krafth against Johnson than Burn and leave BDB in a position where he has been playing so well. 

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Classic N-O even a teamsheet provokes a meltdown [emoji38]

I think this one is justified with the number format and the lineup haha. 

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Classic N-O even a teamsheet provokes a meltdown [emoji38]

I was going to just leave it until KO with all the guessing about formations and who is playing where. But I enjoyed all the speculation too much :lol: 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Hard to see this finishing 0-0 like.  I still think we can outscore them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Murphy plays like prime Cafu today. I don’t actually hate this lineup that much. Just wish Burn would stay CB and we shift Krafth to LB. Lesser of two evils imo 

If true dont like Burn back on the LB. Played his best at CB lately. Krafth is not a CB, and is poor enough in his best position.

Edited by nufc123

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Hard to see this finishing 0-0 like.  I still think we can outscore them.

I agree with the first part. Very sceptical about the second. 

I'm waiting to be pleasantly surprised by the performance today. Not expecting anything though and that's how I'd prefer it for now.

Just now, Sufi said:

People don't even know who's left back and there's tears [emoji38] will give you the number format but am guessing that's intentionally done today to upset people on here

1 minute ago, Sufi said:

We are keeping Spurs guessing right up until the last minute. No way they have prepped for a front 3 of Burn, Longstaff and Bruno. 

We’ll shit ‘em. 

Just now, Sufi said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Murphy plays like prime Cafu today. I don’t actually hate this lineup that much. Just wish Burn would stay CB and we shift Krafth to LB. Lesser of two evils imo 

Yeah, I agree - the fewer players out of position the better for me.  Still scratching my head that Hall doesn't start LB and Krafth RB.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

I agree with the first part. Very sceptical about the second. 

I'm waiting to be pleasantly surprised by the performance today. Not expecting anything though and that's how I'd prefer it for now.

Aye, it is hope rather than confidence for me.  But that team is still capable of getting something today - just need to keep howlers at the back to a minimum