Newcastle United vs. Sheffield United: 27/4/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

14 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Livramento is a doubt for this, just FYI. He has been carrying a bit of a knock for a few weeks, only really on the bench last night in case of emergency.

Worth remembering this while discussing the Palace lineup. 

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Worth remembering this while discussing the Palace lineup. 

My only question would be, why did he bring him on when we where comfortably beating Spurs ?

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

Have to bounce back with a win here. Feel like 6th or 7th is all going to come down to the game at Old Trafford, but can't afford any more daft dropped points at home. I still get angry when I think where we'd be with those extra 4 points from the Luton and Bournemouth home draws. 

People keep saying this but ignore the extra 3 points we gained from the West Ham game when we could easily have drawn/lost.

5 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

My only question would be, why did he bring him on when we where comfortably beating Spurs ?

Very fair comment. 

5 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

People keep saying this but ignore the extra 3 points we gained from the West Ham game when we could easily have drawn/lost.

I don't really mean how the game went, you could argue we were lucky to escape all three games with what we got based on how it went. More just on paper you'd look at these games going in and thinking we really should be picking up 3 points. 

8 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

Unless we score early doors, I think it could be a real skitzy game.

This should be a straight forward game, these are utter shit. 

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

And our home record is good. 5-0 :indi:

After that shocking performance, you'd expect a big bounce back. Considering captain Isak in FPL.

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

After that shocking performance, you'd expect a big bounce back. Considering captain Isak in FPL.

Expecting nothing less. Has to be a brutal response. No mercy. Steam roll them [emoji38]

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Expecting nothing less. Has to be a brutal response. No mercy. Steam roll them [emoji38]

1-0 Bogle and I will die.

The game where they beat us 0-1 and Danny Webber (I think) scored is probably the worst game I think I have been too. Remains the only Newcastle game I’ve left early too.

As for this one, score early and it should be a fairly routine afternoon but if it was me I’d just be getting the ball forward to Gordon and Barnes, back in 4-3-3, as soon as possible and get them pepper crosses and shots in. Whoever is in goal will be shit.

8 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Because at that point in time they deemed him in decent shape. He’s had a few niggly issues since with it.

14 hours ago, TRC said:

This should be a straight forward game, these are utter shit. 

Should be aye but we've seen it many a time. Expectation is a win and then the crowd get edgy when we haven't scored within the first 20 minutes. 

Need a response after that shite midweek 

33 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

These haven’t actually done that bad in the harder away games this season. We should still be winning of course.

exactly - on their travels 

City only beat them 2-0

Spurs 2-1 stoppage time turnaround 

Chelsea 2-0

Liverpool 3-1 with late goals 

Man U 4-2 with late goals 

I think we will win this relatively comfortably, but don't be surprised if it's not by much 

Think it probably helps us that they’re down if they don’t win this.

Obviously they’ll still sit deep initially, but if it gets later in the game and it’s level, they can’t hold on for the draw and will have to push on to try and win.

Be better if we just howked them 5-0 like.