Group F: 1. Portugal, 2. Türkiye, 3. Georgia (Q), 4. Czechia

Big River

Just now, TenkoDaLuz said:

Is that a recent feeling towards the Portuguese NT? Let's say, during the EURO 2000 era, your feeling was the same? That NT played some amazing football.

Your goalie took his gloves off during the penalty shootout. I don't think I need to provide further details. 

That was already the beginning of the Ronaldo era. EURO 2000 is mostly the previous generation.

I dunno what you're asking me. :lol:

Looking back to 2000; I was 9 years old and Portugal weren't really on my radar tbh, I didn't know anything about them. Couldn't believe it when they turned us over in that tournie; Nuno bloody Gomes.

Euro 2004 was agony, but my interest was on the wane by '06. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I dunno what you're asking me. :lol:

Looking back to 2000; I was 9 years old and Portugal weren't really on my radar tbh, I didn't know anything about them. Couldn't believe it when they turned us over in that tournie; Nuno bloody Gomes.

Euro 2004 was agony, but my interest was on the wane by '06. 

I am just saying that myself as a Portuguese have been caring about and liking our NT less and less as years go by, so I can kind of understand why it is not liked overseas as well.

But those years (let's say between 1996 and 2002) we had a fantastic squad which played a very positive football all the time.

Edited by TenkoDaLuz

I am just saying that myself as a Portuguese have been caring about and liking our NT less and less as years go by, so I can kind of understand why it is not liked overseas as well.

But those years (let's say between 1996 and 2002) we had a fantastic squat which played a very positive football all the time.

Rui Costa and Figo :love:

Just now, joeyt said:

Rui Costa and Figo :love:

Yes!

At that time we might have not won anything, but my fondest memories watching the NT are from that time.

From that point on, I'm kind of meh if they go far or not in the competitions. I absolutely detest all this nonsense cult around Ronaldo, which is way worse if you live in Portugal.