Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Strawberry

26 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Don't be silly, there's no answer to that which will also be Howes fault somehow 

No one immediately springs to mind, but we must have someone in one of the U-x teams that has glimmer of talent. If not why are they there at all?

4 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

No one immediately springs to mind, but we must have someone in one of the U-x teams that has glimmer of talent. If not why are they there at all?

We have turner What's his face as far as I know. Certainly no chance of stepping up considering Stephenson went to shields last season and he was banging them in at that level 

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

I said this before and was shot down. Totally agree.

Just smells so inevitable that if we do sign him, he'll rupture his achillies in his first 5 mins on the pitch. Would rather take a chance on an unknown quantity, or heaven forbid, actually promote a reserve

Aye Eddie Howe has shown zero interest in our youth setup. Only gave opportunities to Elliot Anderson, Lewis Miley, Joe White and Alex Murphy in the last 2 years. 2 of which are probably worth 20/30m now.

It always interesting which of our fans are willing to "take a chance", tell me how you haven't landed a job in football management. :lol:

Why not, and I know this is controversial, let those who know what they are doing make the best decisions for the club? Given our relative success over the last 2 years, surely they are owed a modicum of trust?

16 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

don't suppose you think the club know which players we have and whether we could promote them?

1 minute ago, STM said:

Aye Eddie Howe has shown zero interest in our youth setup. Only gave opportunities to Elliot Anderson, Lewis Miley, Joe White and Alex Murphy in the last 2 years. 2 of which are probably worth 20/30m now.

It always interesting which of our fans are willing to "take a chance", tell me how you haven't landed a job in football management. :lol:

Why not, and I know this is controversial, let those who know what they are doing make the best decisions for the club? Given our relative success over the last 2 years, surely they are owed a modicum of trust?

How's the air up on that massive horse?

I didn't say there was no interest in the youth set up at all, just that there must be an attacker in there somewhere that has some degree of promise.

Fully aware I'm no football manager in the slightest, but I can like the majority on here can see when mistakes are being made, and continuously repeated. EH is amazing at the job, but he does have some obvious blindspots which have and will in future cost us points

1 minute ago, Bondedcrown said:

don't suppose you think the club know which players we have and whether we could promote them?

Well if they do, why are they persisting with players they know aren't good enough?

33 minutes ago, Bondedcrown said:

if you need that answering you haven't followed what has happened at the  club since the buyout!

Not really relevant...I can count on one hand how many semi successful attackers we've brought through in my lifetime, and not a single one which could be seen as prolific

Ameobi - hit and miss at best

Armstrong - nothing for us and only looked decent in the Championship

Carroll - a half season purple patch and a donkey since then

40 minutes ago, Bondedcrown said:

Which mistakes have been made which are being remade continuously?

Rushing players back from injury only to have them out for longer

Persisting with Burn at LB when obvious better options were available

10 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Not really relevant...I can count on one hand how many semi successful attackers we've brought through in my lifetime, and not a single one which could be seen as prolific

Ameobi - hit and miss at best

Armstrong - nothing for us and only looked decent in the Championship

Carroll - a half season purple patch and a donkey since then

It was you who suggested we should rely on bringing players through instead of signing.

Our academy overhaul is in its infancy. Could take 7-8 years before we start seeing a healthy conveyor belt of talent and even then, most of them will be used to make money from.

Just because you think someone should exist doesn’t mean they do.

Rushing players back from injury only to have them out for longer

Persisting with Burn at LB when obvious better options were available

So 2 mistakes if you count the Dan Burn one as serious? Who would his replacement be?We didn’t have players to allow the injured to rest   Or did you miss all of last season?

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

Because we play a one striker formation, and we have a number 1 striker already.

I get that but we play enough games to rotate. It is not like Isak is able to play all games, plus they can play in addition to Isak - depends on who they get and their flexibility.  DCL is also a completely different style of player so if Isak gets injured we won't have a like for like replacement.

2 minutes ago, duo said:

I get that but we play enough games to rotate. It is not like Isak is able to play all games, plus they can play in addition to Isak - depends on who they get and their flexibility.  DCL is also a completely different style of player so if Isak gets injured we won't have a like for like replacement.

The calibre of players like Sesko, Zirkzee, David, Gimenez, Ghuirassy are all getting first team main striker offers from other really good clubs. The likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, AC Milan, Dortmund etc. They are more likely to choose those sorts of options, rather than join us and rotate with Isak.

Play style wise, I think it's fine as his profile still works well for us, while adding some different elements. Isak and Wilson are very different but were still both effective in our setup.

Just now, KaKa said:

The calibre of players like Sesko, Zirkzee, David, Gimenez, Ghuirassy are all getting first team main striker offers from other really good clubs. The likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, AC Milan, Dortmund etc. They are more likely to choose those sorts of options, rather than join us and rotate with Isak.

Play style wise, I think it's fine as his profile still works well for us, while adding some different elements. Isak and Wilson are very different but were still both effective in our setup.

Eddie said each transfer window is our chance to build on the quality we already have in the squad.  No one can say that DCL fits into that bracket - Wilson is a far more clinical striker. Nevermind it being a sideways move from Wilson, it's a step backward.  Look I am no scout but surely the club has better prospects that they can target and I am not even talking about the likes of Sesko. Someone of the Pérez ilk that Eddie can mold.  I can't even see how he fits into our style of play.

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Zirkzee won’t be first choice at Man Utd surely ?

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Zirkzee won’t be first choice at Man Utd surely ?

He definitely will or he wouldn't be joining them I don't think.

AC Milan have been chasing him to be their new number 9.

Just now, KaKa said:

He definitely will or he wouldn't be joining them I don't think.

AC Milan have been chasing him to be their new number 9.

That means Hojlund on the bench though, either way that is two excellent young strikers.

11 minutes ago, duo said:

Eddie said each transfer window is our chance to build on the quality we already have in the squad.  No one can say that DCL fits into that bracket - Wilson is a far more clinical striker. Nevermind it being a sideways move from Wilson, it's a step backward.  Look I am no scout but surely the club has better prospects that they can target and I am not even talking about the likes of Sesko. Someone of the Pérez ilk that Eddie can mold.  I can't even see how he fits into our style of play.

Wilson in your head is far better - the Wilson that finished the season however…

to quote the eagles - you gotta know when to hold em and know when to fold em. Wilson, Miggy, Tripps and dubs are all finished.

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Wilson in your head is far better - the Wilson that finished the season however…

to quote the eagles - you gotta know when to hold em and know when to fold em. Wilson, Miggy, Tripps and dubs are all finished.

Big statement that. 

Personally don’t like the idea of DCL but if EH and the team think it fits then they know best.

6 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Kenny Rogers