Last 16: Romania 0-3 Netherlands; Austria 1-2 Turkey

Yorkie

Watching this French team make you realise how much Southgate models his tactics and style on Deschamps. The difference is they play Mbappe and Thuram (and sometime Dembele as well) who can run in behind AND play neat one twos plus they have Kounde and Hernandez as full backs who provide width. 

Southgate has chosen a model to copy and not picked the right players to copy it with.

Why does every single French player automatically the smash their shots as hard as they can possibly kick a football? Must be at least 7 shots that have been fucking leathered and have gone high and/or wide. Ridiculous people

21 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

His performance in the WC22 final was unbelievable. If France had won the penalties, it would have been recognized as an all time great. 

It was but I honestly don't even have him in my top 10  all time. Just my opinion. He's explosive, has scored a lot in France, just don't think he compares to the greats. Plus he's a diving whiner. I will say that defending in general is a heck of a lot better than it was in the 70s and 80s so that factors in a bit. Just for me, a player who when his speed wanes, so will he.

4 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Mbappe is such a child.

Yet he is the captain. CR7 is the captain of Portugal. Neymar is Brazil's. All have terrible captain profiles. Today it seems that the captain is chosen not if you actually have a leader profile, but rather by the amount of Instagram followers.