Odysseas Vlachodimos

NSG

48 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Because he’s not free and we are paying his salary and amortising the supposed 20m fee. 

Because the clubs actions generally merit discussion hence this forums existence?

Depends how it goes on the books.

Forest allegedly insisted on him being part of the deal, which means they're almost certainly going to use it as an accountancy trick

Hard to take the value of any of these "swaps" at face value, when their sole purpose was a means to comply with PSR.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Depends how it goes on the books.

Forest allegedly insisted on him being part of the deal, which means they're almost certainly going to use it as an accountancy trick

Hard to take the value of any of these "swaps" at face value, when their sole purpose was a means to comply with PSR.

IF the fee is the reported 20m we know how it reflects in our books, it’s just the fee divided by the contract length. Of course forest recognise that revenue away too. 

This is a separate question but how easy is it to judge a keeper’s ability if they don’t play in games? I can imagine that in training it’s very easy to surmise how good a player is in the outfield but I’d imagine it’s harder to see how good a keeper is as a lot of the ‘commanding your box’ and sweeping would be dramatically different in training than it would be in an actual game 

How consistant they are with their technique, positioning and decision making (and how well they take on feedback/adapt to coaching points made). So if you're doing crossing drills and your GK isn't tell his defenders where he wants them (6 yards, pen, edge of box, etc) even after you've told them 4 times... then aye... 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

I don’t think that’s being ignored at all. Hence my references to other clubs PSR workarounds generally being a more like for like nature. (Academy player for academy player). 

Okay, so you'll know that the only reason the fees are what they are is so that both clubs hit their own respective magic numbers and do it with players they can afford to lose. The fees are basically meaningless in terms of the players' actual worth.

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Okay, so you'll know that the only reason the fees are what they are is so that both clubs hit their own respective magic numbers and do it with players they can afford to lose. The fees are basically meaningless in terms of the players' actual worth.

I think it matters as Vlad isn’t free and we are paying for him but fair enough. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think it matters as Vlad isn’t free and we are paying for him but fair enough. 

Offset by the fee we got and wages we lost with Anderson. It wouldn't surprise me if Forest didn't really want Anderson either, the whole situation is a joke.

19 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Offset by the fee we got and wages we lost with Anderson. It wouldn't surprise me if Forest didn't really want Anderson either, the whole situation is a joke.

Feels Forest got better deal long term. They loan Anderson out to Championship, has a season as most of us would expect, he’s a £20m+ sale and they make a profit. 

We are left with a Greek guy who’s probably going to go on countless loans, with us likely paying some of the wages most of the time :D 

49 minutes ago, OCK said:

How bad are Greek keepers if this lad is their number 1. Forest sling him for £20 in a makeshift budget exercise, and he's now 3rd choice at Newcastle. 

4th choice isn't he ?

Pope, Dub's, Ruddy(bench at weekend) and then Greek? :lol:

Just now, The Prophet said:

...but as far as we're concerned we got £35 million for Anderson. That's the important part as far as PSR is concerned.

Yes and no, yes it’s important we resolved that urgent and immediate need, it’s also important to understand we’ve lost a player for 15m who id argue is worth more than that and also could be worth more in future.  In addition we gained what appears to be a liability who isn’t cheap and will be difficult to shift. 

Has there been any news on what the amount we were over by? 

Like if we knew from quite early on around start of May, we needed to raise say £10m. Were there no clubs no where, that would take Anderson for that value with a buy back at £25m or something? Instead, ending up right to the wire, where we had to work with Forest to help them, which bumped fees up artificially. 

Anderson at £10m would be a great deal for so many clubs. Or was we like £25m+ over, in which case, WTF were we doing to get that far over and what was we hoping to happen? :D 

Just now, Sibierski said:

Has there been any news on what the amount we were over by? 

Like if we knew from quite early on around start of May, we needed to raise say £10m. Were there no clubs no where, that would take Anderson for that value with a buy back at £25m or something? Instead, ending up right to the wire, where we had to work with Forest to help them, which bumped fees up artificially. 

Anderson at £10m would be a great deal for so many clubs. Or was we like £25m+ over, in which case, WTF were we doing to get that far over and what was we hoping to happen? :D 

60-70m as per the athletic.