Marc Guehi

gdm

Normally I'd say a team doesn't get into the race if they haven't already gotten the go ahead from the player/their agent, but with Chelsea who the fuck knows. They tried to sign Olise last Summer without checking the kid actually wanted the transfer. I can see them getting involved just to try and push up the price we have to pay. 

9 hours ago, KaKa said:

Me personally, I've seen nowhere near enough of Todibo and Lacroix to know how good they'd be.

You seem pretty certain of both. Are you sure?

The club probably have think we were linked with Lacroix previously, last Jan? 

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah. Despite him having around 18 months left on his contract he's just come out of the Euros as arguably the best player in the team that reached the final and were favourites. It's still a lot, but you can totally understand it from Palace's point of view. 

You can totally understand Palace’s point of view as they will rightly embrace the UK press narrative of the tournament and want top dollar (£65m)

Truth is he wasn’t the best player nor even the best centre half (thought Stones had the best tournament of the defenders).

So it depends which side of the fence you sit on.

I still feel we value him at £52m max and if we get desperate add ons for £55.

Going to be a fascinating last 3wks to the window as we play cat and mouse with our fairly limited budget it seems chasing two positions possibly.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You can totally understand Palace’s point of view as they will rightly embrace the UK press narrative of the tournament and want top dollar (£65m)

Truth is he wasn’t the best player nor even the best centre half (thought Stones had the best tournament of the defenders).

So it depends which side of the fence you sit on.

I still feel we value him at £52m max and if we get desperate add ons for £55.

Going to be a fascinating last 3wks to the window as we play cat and mouse with our fairly limited budget it seems chasing two positions possibly.

I'd put good money on it that if you polled everyone he'd be at least top 3 and have a very good shout for 1st.

Agree on the valuation though, we don't seem to budge a great deal on our valuations and if it means waiting then so be it.

44 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd put good money on it that if you polled everyone he'd be at least top 3 and have a very good shout for 1st.

Agree on the valuation though, we don't seem to budge a great deal on our valuations and if it means waiting then so be it.

No I wouldn’t disagree about scraping into the top 3.

Think Stones, Pickford and Palmer would’ve pipped him but I’d say it’s fair to say he made it into top five. Top three if you give him the allowance he was a relative novice.

However you flip that and if you put it to a vote England to a man were awful including their manager.

So I think you’d agree also the bar was set very low for him to stand out?

I think the wait is so they can secure his replacement first, nowt wrong with that. I'll hazard a guess it'll be green lit once they know their transfer is for definite.

25 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Think Stones, Pickford and Palmer would’ve pipped him but I’d say it’s fair to say he made it into top five. Top three if you give him the allowance he was a relative novice.

However you flip that and if you put it to a vote England to a man were awful including their manager.

The back line weren’t fucking awful.  The problems started when the ball reached midfield. 

30 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Your opinion is your opinion obviously, but maybe not necessarily a widely held one: 

Point being, not that you're wrong, but that Palace's valuation makes sense. 

Screenshot_20240810_014450_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2b793b81d8cfda787d89b29024983472.jpg

Screenshot_20240810_014138_Chrome.thumb.jpg.15991dfbe771857b11bd9e4a1023e404.jpg

Screenshot_20240810_014104_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5e5b2ecec8760e5ae073b14bdf08c7d1.jpg

Edited by Kid Icarus

Maybe we're playing 4D chess, smoking Chelsea out so they no longer need Tosin and they send him here on loan/Free.

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The back line weren’t fucking awful.  The problems started when the ball reached midfield. 

Aye, every ball to Rice went back to Trippier or Stones, which in turn went to Trent, which then went to Rice, which went to Saka, which then went to Walker, then Stones, then Guehi back to Rice.

15 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

It must be so easy to compete with Chelsea for non-elites these days though. Keegan would have a field day discussing the merits of coming up here over signing for them.

There’s probably about 50,000 reasons to sign for Chelsea over anyone else, every time 

And every young player believes they can break into the first team 

5 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

There’s probably about 50,000 reasons to sign for Chelsea over anyone else, every time 

And every young player believes they can break into the first team 

Yep, for a footballer it’s a no brainer, 8 year contract on mega money and to live/stay in London. It doesn’t seem to matter how many players you’ll be competing against either.

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Tosin already given up on and getting messed about :laugh:

What an absolute clown joining that mess of a club man.

To be fair football365 have been having digs at us all summer