Marc Guehi

gdm

FBref isn't the be all and end all of stats by any means but it gives a good overview of a player's strengths and weaknesses. Botman and Kelly are a little less meaningful because of the fact they've played alot less minutes than the others, so they aren't that accurate particularly. 

What this does show is that actually Dan Burn would be the best partner for Guehi at this moment in time until Botman is fit. Guehi and Schar would be somewhat lacking in alot of areas defensively, although immense at ball progression and retention.

Screenshot_20240811-165027.thumb.png.736adfcf402c5225e45ae65618d0574e.pngScreenshot_20240811-164949.thumb.png.9885fefb437b836f4e9bf289bad8a14f.pngScreenshot_20240811-164914.thumb.png.4ecbe593219360de12adf6706a305667.pngScreenshot_20240811-165130.thumb.png.04508f20e17469ed598f525539b2111f.png

Screenshot_20240811-165104.png

8 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

BBC still reporting Anderson to Fulham. I can't see Palace selling both CBs. Honestly wouldn't mind us going in for Anderson. 

Seems they're moving along with Carlos now.

52 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

A - yes, b - no, teams are gonna attack you at some point during a game no master how well or how good you press.  Tripps was awful last part of the season as was burn whenever he played left back, shocking is a strong word to be fair though.

Such a repeated exaggeration. Trippier had a couple of bad moments as did Burn during games.

Watching Palace defend that corner is quite bizarre, do they usually zonal mark at dead balls? As it looked like they didn’t know what they were doing and were new to defending like that.

Guehi is the only one who has no momentum going in to his jump, so gets sandwiched between Richards and the Nantes goalscorer.

I know friendly games are a chance to practice these things in a real game but that is an attacking teams dream.

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

Watching Palace defend that corner is quite bizarre, do they usually zonal mark at dead balls? As it looked like they didn’t know what they were doing and were new to defending like that.

Guehi is the only one who has no momentum going in to his jump, so gets sandwiched between Richards and the Nantes goalscorer.

I know friendly games are a chance to practice these things in a real game but that is an attacking teams dream.

Zonal marking is one of those tacticians dreams that never ever works in practise (sorry Rafa)

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Such a repeated exaggeration. Trippier had a couple of bad moments as did Burn during games.

Trippier was crap for about the last six weeks.  Cost us valuable points.  No exaggerating, he was just crap in that period.

5 minutes ago, Rod said:

Trippier was crap for about the last six weeks.  Cost us valuable points.  No exaggerating, he was just crap in that period.

Don’t bother replying because it seems you’re only allowed an opinion if it’s in agreement half the time. If it’s repeated then surely that means it’s an opinion held by a few of us.

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Don’t bother replying because it seems you’re only allowed an opinion if it’s in agreement half the time. If it’s repeated then surely that means it’s an opinion held by a few of us.

I had to read that twice.  So you agree with me?

Just now, healthyaddiction said:

He was injured for the last six weeks of the season wasn't he?

His last six games then.  You are probably correct as I remember a couple of howlers from him in our European adventure.

8 minutes ago, Rod said:

He didn’t play the last six weeks apart from Man Utd away 15th May and got injured again [emoji38]

His last start was Wolves at home 2nd March and we won 3-0.

So I’d say you are exaggerating.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

His last six games then.  You are probably correct as I remember a couple of howlers from him in our European adventure.

He started one game from the beginning of March onwards. What howlers in Europe? I remember the Man City cup game and a couple after that.

He had a bad few weeks around December. Was the best RB in the league up to that and was mainly fine afterwards. 

1 minute ago, healthyaddiction said:

He started one game from the beginning of March onwards. What howlers in Europe? I remember the Man City cup game and a couple after that.

I'm not going there.  You are either winding me up or a mackem.  Tripps was shite at the end of the season but you didn't see it apparently?  Amazing.

4 minutes ago, Rod said:

He was carrying an injury. He had a bad game against Everton away and followed it up with a fairly poor game at Spurs. He had a last minute lapse of concentration in the cup against Chelsea. 

That was it.

Same with Burn. He had a couple of tough half’s (Forest at home and another I struggle to recall) and a tough day all round against Luton at home. 

It’s a myth Trippier & Burn had a bad season. 

Without wanting to kick the whole Tripps thing off tangent in here but the bust up with the fans at Bournemouth seemed to be a bit of a turning point. Or I could just be misremembering the timings of it unravelling, it was a bleak few months Oct/Nov-Feb

Just now, LFEE said:

He was carrying an injury. He had a bad game against Everton away and followed it up with a fairly poor game at Spurs. He had a last minute lapse of concentration in the cup against Chelsea. 

That was it.

Same with Burn. He had a couple of tough half’s (Forest at home and another I struggle to recall) and a tough day all round against Luton at home. 

It’s a myth Trippier & Burn had a bad season. 

Do you know what?  I'm probably being too kind to Tripps.  I actually think he had a shite half season.  I remember being in Lanzarote in early December and he had an absolute nightmare against Dortmund I think, or some other team at that time.

I'm in no way having a go at Trippier but honestly he was crap towards the end of the season.  He shouldn't have been playing.

5 minutes ago, midds said:

Without wanting to kick the whole Tripps thing off tangent in here but the bust up with the fans at Bournemouth seemed to be a bit of a turning point. Or I could just be misremembering the timings of it unravelling, it was a bleak few months Oct/Nov-Feb

The fans drunken criticism was aimed at the team not Trippier. He since regretted it and was more just annoyed because his journey down suffered a breakdown and he taxied there (and I believe back!) costing him a fortune. He’s just a young daft lad who drinks on Low Fell.

(No I don’t know him at all but my friend does and got the full story)

Again more lazy narratives…

Without check I know we beat Man Utd and Arsenal and Chelsea alone the same month we lost to Bournemouth as well as getting robbed in PSG.

Edited by LFEE

Trippier was brilliantly offensively for the first part of the season especially but defensively I think he’s been on the decline for a while and that’s only going one way. 

Hopefully there’s a breakthrough early this coming week. 

Oh, wrong thread. Thought it was the Guehi one. 

Edited by Ikon

This might look like I'm piling into Trippier but I honestly thought he was terrible at left back for England at the Euros.  Not all his fault though (Southgate).

14 minutes ago, Rod said:

I'm not going there.  You are either winding me up or a mackem.  Tripps was shite at the end of the season but you didn't see it apparently?  Amazing.

He was shite at the end of the season, which we've established he was entirely injured for.