Marc Guehi

gdm

7 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Trippier was brilliantly offensively for the first part of the season especially but defensively I think he’s been on the decline for a while and that’s only going one way. 

Wouldn’t argue that. I’ve personally always thought throughout his career if you run at him like Diaz did when we played Liverpool he can be twisted and turned. Never particularly rated him at Spurs or watched him in Spain.

He’s been great for us when fully fit though as a whole and I still will always argue that way too much was made of his and Burns form last season.

Edited by LFEE

6 minutes ago, Rod said:

This might look like I'm piling into Trippier but I honestly thought he was terrible at left back for England at the Euros.  Not all his fault though (Southgate).

Agree. Well, maybe not terrible as he did a job, yet not only was he played out of position but he also had nothing in front of him on the left. Not his fault, but that's how Southgate set them up and picked his team.

9 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

He was shite at the end of the season, which we've established he was entirely injured for.

The end of his season ..... arsehole.  Which means his last performative games.  He obviously couldn't have been crap if he wasn't playing!  I'll give you that sunshine, I'll give you that (but not necessarily in the right order).  I'll explain another time young un.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

The end of his season ..... arsehole.  Which means his last performative games.  He obviously couldn't have been crap if he wasn't playing!  I'll give you that sunshine, I'll give you that (but not necessarily in the right order).  I'll explain another time young un.

You're very aggressive over this. I just don't agree with a lot of what you're saying. For example, you mention him being bad in Europe. I don't remember him being poor in any of them. Did a little check on match ratings, which I admit is not a great source, but he's consistently rated as one of our best players. He did have some poor games, but you're very over the top with it.

21 minutes ago, Rod said:

This might look like I'm piling into Trippier but I honestly thought he was terrible at left back for England at the Euros.  Not all his fault though (Southgate).

I felt he was terrible for the team without being terrible himself if you know what I mean. He was solid defensively and tried to offer an outlet. He was always trying to make himself available. However as many, many others have said the combination of him at left back and a LWF who always sought to cut in ruined our width on that side. Also that he is so one footed (I hadn't noticed this before) killed our momentum so many times. Again as others have said none of this was his fault but the manager's who set up the team like this.

Edited by Geordie_once_removed

3 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

You're very aggressive over this. I just don't agree with a lot of what you're saying. For example, you mention him being bad in Europe. I don't remember him being poor in any of them. Did a little check on match ratings, which I admit is not a great source, but he's consistently rated as one of our best players. He did have some poor games, but you're very over the top with it.

Edit: maybe I misunderstood about Europe and you meant the euros. I still disagree though. I think he was very good in the euros defensively. Poor going forward but was playing out of position and had no left winger ahead of him.

Just now, healthyaddiction said:

You are very polite when arguing your corner to which I doff my cap (I will explain later).  I honestly think your memory is playing tricks regarding Tripps.  He cost us a lot.  No way am I over the top of my opinion regarding his performances.  I know a good performance from a poor one, honestly.

Anyhow to get back to Guehi, although in general he was good for England, he did look like he might have the odd Titus moment and was lucky he didn't cost England a couple of goals.  If he signs for us hopefully I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Edit: maybe I misunderstood about Europe and you meant the euros. I still disagree though. I think he was very good in the euros defensively. Poor going forward but was playing out of position and had no left winger ahead of him.

OMG.  You aren't even good at this wind up lark .......  or are you?  🤔

7 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

I agree. Couple of short passes aside one causing Guehi to get booked if I recall he was literally 7/10 every game. 

The whole England left side selection for that tournament will be talked about for years to come when it dawns how we probably should’ve won it in the end bizarrely despite never playing that well.

49 minutes ago, Rod said:

Do you know what?  I'm probably being too kind to Tripps.  I actually think he had a shite half season.  I remember being in Lanzarote in early December and he had an absolute nightmare against Dortmund I think, or some other team at that time.

I'm in no way having a go at Trippier but honestly he was crap towards the end of the season.  He shouldn't have been playing.

Yeah he was terrible against Dortmund away and howe hauled Hall of instead. 

He was poor from November through to the end of the season. Constantly getting caught playing every man and his dog onside, getting skinned for fun of everyone that run at him. 

Single handedly knocked us out the FA Cup with a howler. 

Edited by andycap

His first three month of the season was good mind his assists and creating chances where top notch. Defending was good aswell but after that he fell of a cliff massively. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

He was poor from November through to the end of the season. Constantly getting caught playing every man and his dog onside, getting skinned for fun of everyone that run at him. 

Thank you Andy.  I couldn't be arsed to go over every howler but I just knew he was going through a horrendous period.

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

What a load of rubbish. 

Also it was the League Cup not FA Cup.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

What a load of rubbish. 

Several of us have said the same thing now, how’s about we just agree it’s a difference of opinion?

Just now, LFEE said:

What a load of rubbish. 

I disagree he was basically losing us games at that time we'd keep it reasonably tight then Trippier would make an error. And so what it was a cup we where going through then he assists the shitest player in the league mudryk to smash home. 

32 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Anyhow to get back to Guehi, although in general he was good for England, he did look like he might have the odd Titus moment and was lucky he didn't cost England a couple of goals.  If he signs for us hopefully I'm wrong.

He'd be an exciting addition for sure, but we're overpaying by a decent margin.

1 minute ago, andycap said:

I disagree he was basically losing us games at that time we'd keep it reasonably tight then Trippier would make an error. And so what it was a cup we where going through then he assists the shitest player in the league mudryk to smash home. 

Tripps put it on a plate for him.  A lovely gentle header into Mudryk's path.  I think it was the 90th minute.  Complete tit!

Just now, andycap said:

I’ve already posted who we beat in November.

He had a couple of poor games and moments but until he got injured he was arguably in his best form the Aug-Nov. He had a poor December playing injured. He dropped out the team. Returned probably too soon but considering the club nearly sold him also he recovered his form until injury ruled him out from March for the rest of the season almost with him only playing against Man Utd from the start and one moment aside for the offside line he got through it for an hour but again looked unfit and didn’t return.

The fact you got the cup wrong merely highlights your memory might just be playing tricks on you.