Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, r0cafella said:

Fair enough, yes he will improve from average to good. 

I want Eddie spending time coaching players from good to excellent though. 

As mentioned, if I’m holding us to our stated ambitions we need to aim higher than Chelsea’s fourth choice right centre back. 

I disagree on his quality lad so we aren't gonna agree on this. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Was the third bid rejected? Mokbel reported it was the assumption off the back of the interview, but wasn't definitive. 

I think so mate. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

I disagree on his quality lad so we aren't gonna agree on this. 

Calling a highly rated CB from a big 6 club with interest from Inter "average" is taking the piss tbh

Just now, KaKa said:

Just rumours. Okay. Well we'll see where he ends up and how he does.

Seems to me players with hype behind them are the ones that are always highly rated and deemed good enough for competing in the champions league.

I'm not convinced you've really paid much attention to Chalobah when he's played.

This is how clubs like Palace end up with Guehi in the first place and then trying to get these players later on is a big palava.

He’s never stood out to me, when I’ve seen him. Again I don’t think he’s bad but I don’t think he’s elite or has the potential to be so. 

I’m not sure what hype has to do with it mind, I’m one of the first to say I think Guehi is too expensive for us. 

I see this one of two ways personally from a FFP squad building composition. 

1: your going high for a Guehi type (if not better, your basically dislodging Schar and are willing to pay the premium to do so. 

2: your happy with Schar for this season and are looking for a player to come in with high ceiling to learn this season and really compete next season (think Tino, think Hall and think Gordon). 

This is how I think about it. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Was the third bid rejected? Mokbel reported it was the assumption off the back of the interview, but wasn't definitive. 

I think from what Parish said we can reasonably assume it has been rejected. 
I actually think it sounded like they didn’t even respond to us and the first we heard it wasn’t enough was in that interview which if it is the case I would walk away and leave old Lego hair to it. 

19 minutes ago, andycap said:

Is it me or has parish got massive hands like goalkeeper? Couldn't stop looking at them 😂 them foam wrestling hands spring to mind. 

Yeah. I was watching thinking I bet that fella is a hell of a guitar player! 

I start to think Guehi would be as good as Van Dijk and lead us to champions, base on the comments here. If that’s the case just pay whatever Palace wants

And then what if he isn’t? 

I think it’s woefully small time from Parish. I’d be equally disappointed if Eales was spouting off on SkySports or Talksport about specific players. 

I do wonder if his active dislike of our ownership is playing a part in this. 

Personally I don't think Guehi is a £60 million player, but if he's the target the club have identified, I'll back them. They've not got much wrong in terms of incoming transfer business.

6 minutes ago, Zero said:

I start to think Guehi would be as good as Van Dijk and lead us to champions, base on the comments here. If that’s the case just pay whatever Palace wants

So what would you have us do?

Just now, The Prophet said:

Personally I don't think Guehi is a £60 million player, but if he's the target the club have identified, I'll back them. They've not got much wrong in terms of incoming transfer business.

Is a perfectly reasonable position to take. :thup:

I could see Liverpool looking at him as his replacement if we don't get him now..

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

He’s never stood out to me, when I’ve seen him. Again I don’t think he’s bad but I don’t think he’s elite or has the potential to be so. 

I’m not sure what hype has to do with it mind, I’m one of the first to say I think Guehi is too expensive for us. 

I see this one of two ways personally from a FFP squad building composition. 

1: your going high for a Guehi type (if not better, your basically dislodging Schar and are willing to pay the premium to do so. 

2: your happy with Schar for this season and are looking for a player to come in with high ceiling to learn this season and really compete next season (think Tino, think Hall and think Gordon). 

This is how I think about it. 

Fair enough.

Just a difference of opinion then.

I think he's plenty good enough to eventually partner Botman.

Be interesting to see where he goes next and how he does.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The closest statistical comparisons are Saliba and Gabriel apparently, so not bad. 

then did Arsenal buy so-called established English internationals at their peak value, or go for unearthed gems like Saliba and Gabriel a few years ago?

I understand the desperation and frustration but to say the club should increase the bid 

genuinely speaking, is fucking insane. For that price we basically gambled all our fortunes on him to be VVD, and I can’t imagine what if he failed to fit in or get a lengthy injury.

the only club that did this kind of deals, being a laughing stock, is Man Utd, e.g. Antony and Sancho. They all got lots of reasons to justify the ridiculous bid, and see what happens?

Another question is, if that’s the way to go, then why hire Mitchell? He won’t have money left to buy so-called unearthed gems anyway. All eggs in Guehi.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I could see Liverpool looking at him as his replacement if we don't get him now..

Liverpool will only submit bid next year when his contract is only one year left, and he refuse to extend. They never make such kinda bid under FSG

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

then did Arsenal buy so-called established English internationals at their peak value, or go for unearthed gems like Saliba and Gabriel a few years ago?

I understand the desperation and frustration but to say the club should increase the bid 

genuinely speaking, is fucking insane. For that price we basically gambled all our fortunes on him to be VVD, and I can’t imagine what if he failed to fit in or get a lengthy injury.

the only club that did this kind of deals, being a laughing stock, is Man Utd, e.g. Antony and Sancho. They all got lots of reasons to justify the ridiculous bid, and see what happens?

Another question is, if that’s the way to go, then why hire Mitchell? He won’t have money left to buy so-called unearthed gems anyway. All eggs in Guehi.

Which unearthed gem would you have us sign?

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Which unearthed gem would you have us sign?

That’s Mitchell and the scouts job. They are hired / paid for that. If I can name you a player, he must be on the hot list of all the big clubs already, just like Yoro last year. The scouts job is to find them before they got famous to the level that even you and me know them 

Edited by Zero

They did pay a fortune for Ben White too.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

They did pay a fortune for Ben White too.

They are a bit lucky on that deal. I don’t think he really performs up to his price, but fair enough.