Marc Guehi

gdm

35 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Me neither but I’d give him a shot. 

Yeah certainly, he's definitely an upgrade anyway. Plus he looks decent and with Eddie who knows. I was against Gordon signing.

39 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Nice that, gf has family that live on Roncy so love a visit to high park whenever I’m in the area

Was at ED's Real Scoop last night, great hood!

2 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Nice. I'm in Toronto, enjoy the visit! 

Ah, I was in for a wedding and missed this. Would’ve dropped you a line. 

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Nice that, gf has family that live on Roncy so love a visit to high park whenever I’m in the area

Crashed at a friend’s at the edge of Liberty Village. Walked through Roncy the day before and it seemed lovely

19 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

With time running out, Newcastle might have to walk away from the deal. 

I can't see us going to 70m 

70 million seems like crazy money and palace know it. I'd quite like them to lose him on a free transfers the way they have played this out in the media.

I’d be quite happy to walk away at this point and see any young player with ambition insist on a release clause if they sign for Palace.

It’s not a ransom fee we’re looking to pay. We need to remember how Palace have acted here. They’re fully entitled to grab what they can but I do hope us and other clubs play hardball when the boots on the other foot.

Just now, Tsunami said:

I’d be quite happy to walk away at this point and see any young player with ambition insist on a release clause if they sign for Palace.

It’s not a ransom fee we’re looking to pay. We need to remember how Palace have acted here. They’re fully entitled to grab what they can but I do hope us and other clubs play hardball when the boots on the other foot.

I mean if it was another club coming for Bruno or Isak I'd hope we were digging our heels in the same way. Nothing below £200m for Isak. Other team fans would cry and call us everything under the sun but we wouldn't be doing our job if we weren't getting every penny out of any deal.

If there's no concrete reports of bids for other defenders in the next week, I think we'll know we will still get him. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Weezertron said:

I live next door to St Lawrence market. Had to leave the west end for cheaper rent. Womp. 

35 minutes ago, woody said:

Ah, I was in for a wedding and missed this. Would’ve dropped you a line. 

Crashed at a friend’s at the edge of Liberty Village. Walked through Roncy the day before and it seemed lovely

:lol: I've been on here since 2005 and had no idea any of you ventured this way. Let's do a meetup if any of you are back in our Marc Guehi away kits. :thup:

Wonder if attention will move to a winger and if we get one cheaper than anticipated or a loan to buy we can then maybe bid more for Guehi. I’m sure there’s many plates spinning. Well, I at least hope there is

3 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

:lol: I've been on here since 2005 and had no idea any of you ventured this way. Let's do a meetup if any of you are back in our Marc Guehi away kits. :thup:

I run into so many toon fans. Just the other month some old lad asked me for directions downtown and once he heard my accent, he pulled out a NUFC wallet and started waving it about [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Wonder if attention will move to a winger and if we get one cheaper than anticipated or a loan to buy we can then maybe bid more for Guehi. I’m sure there’s many plates spinning. Well, I at least hope there is

The only thing that I'm 100% confident of, is that we will sign at least one "star" player. If Guehi falls through it may well be a RW, it may well be someone completely different (Gallagher mentioned).

I still think we have decided to sign Guehi and reports of "prepared to break our transfer record" are accurate. I suspect it's a case of when not if. However that's my gut and who knows, we might have already moved on.

Edited by STM

11 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I mean if it was another club coming for Bruno or Isak I'd hope we were digging our heels in the same way. Nothing below £200m for Isak. Other team fans would cry and call us everything under the sun but we wouldn't be doing our job if we weren't getting every penny out of any deal.

We would, but if we were offered fair market value and the player wanted to go we would sell. Fans might be unhappy but I think we’d sell. Guehi seems to want to come, Palace fans seem to believe it’s a decent fee. It’s Jordan digging his heels in, feels he’s in it personally to see what he can achieve.

Long term, that’s not really the way to do it. Regardless of how Guéhi turns out, I hope Jordan gets rinsed in the future.

15 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Agree 100%.

Palace have every right to do so, only they can set the value on the player. 

They play a high game, 2 years left of the contract and at a potential peak value. But can they afford it, we cannot blame them.

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

We would, but if we were offered fair market value and the player wanted to go we would sell. Fans might be unhappy but I think we’d sell. Guehi seems to want to come, Palace fans seem to believe it’s a decent fee. It’s Jordan digging his heels in, feels he’s in it personally to see what he can achieve.

Long term, that’s not really the way to do it. Regardless of how Guéhi turns out, I hope Jordan gets rinsed in the future.

Every day he's the Palace chairman he has to deal with the fact he's the Palace chairman. Don't worry, he's living he's on personal hell, knowing that he's just an upstart at Londons 10th biggest club. Poor fella. 

2 minutes ago, High Five o said:

Agree 100%.

Palace have every right to do so, only they can set the value on the player. 

They play a high game, 2 years left of the contract and at a potential peak value. But can they afford it, we cannot blame them.

Totally agree. The only thing I think Jordan is lying on is his reluctance to sell. I think it's inevitable that Guehi is sold. It's more a case of when and for how much.

1 minute ago, bigfella said:

Don't really want to be that guy, but do all of you, in the previous half dozen posts, not know Simon Jordan isn't the Palace owner anymore?

That's me being a divvy. I meant Parish