Marc Guehi

gdm

3 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

So the Palace defence cant defend? Red flag or over reacting???

He's a class defender. His head isn't in it for Palace now..:indi:

8 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Two loses in a row and he's had a bad game? I reckon they should knock £15-20m off the price

No they will say they need him to avoid relegation so add another 20m

Yeah I definitely don't think he's commanding, certainly not aerially. His ability on the ball and pace would be great assets to have for us, alongside his personality, but do worry a bit if we play him alongside Schar.

I have always generally been against paying big transfer fees for defenders, because I've felt defending was more coaching and organisation and you can get more from less. The VVD signing broke the mould on that for me - seeing how transformative he was and worth Liverpool both waiting and then paying the big £. On a similar note looking at a player like Gvardiol and what he offers as a footballer to City.

If we do sign him I think it's not 100% that he'd be worth the money - but I'd trust the club as we seem determined.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

A big part of this transfer is definitely what they think he'd add to the team character wise and leadership wise.

And unfortunately for us in a way, the same reason he won’t force it through from his end.

Guehi strikes me as a good defender in one on one situations, has pace, good character and very good on the ball, however positionally and in the air seem to be weaknesses. 

Never keen on paying a PL premium, but all the CB’s we’ve been linked with have flaws, so just get this fucker done and hope he thrives playing on the big stage.

9 minutes ago, Nine said:

And unfortunately for us in a way, the same reason he won’t force it through from his end.

He shouldn't have to tbh.

If the clubs can't agree on a fee then we should sign someone else.

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Guehi strikes me as a good defender in one on one situations, has pace, good character and very good on the ball, however positionally and in the air seem to be weaknesses. 

Never keen on paying a PL premium, but all the CB’s we’ve been linked with have flaws, so just get this fucker done and hope he thrives playing on the big stage.

Last week he got beaten one on one