Marc Guehi

gdm

21 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He shouldn't have to tbh.

If the clubs can't agree on a fee then we should sign someone else.

I can’t help but feel the second choice is likely a fair step down in terms of being a known quantity and ability.. but you’re right. The clock is ticking now.

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Glad to see that Palace push for Europe going well. Won a few games at the arse end of last season and suddenly think you're Brazil 1970 :lol: 

To be fair some of them few games was away to Liverpool, us and Man U

On current standards he's barely worth £50m, fed up with the furore over it all to be honest - I'd still rather we went for one of the foreign league centre backs we've been linked with as a cheaper alternative. No way we should be dancing to Palace's tune on this.

11 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

I actually think this happens after today. They’d be wise to cash in and think that’s what’ll happen.

They might be shitting themselves over having to embed two new centre backs straight into a faltering team and what it could mean for Premier League survival.

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Glad to see that Palace push for Europe going well. Won a few games at the arse end of last season and suddenly think you're Brazil 1970 :lol: 

Hopefully the gimpy Palace Ultras might retire their black hoodies for a couple of weeks.

Just now, Paulinho said:

They might be shitting themselves over having to embed two new centre backs straight into a faltering team and what it could mean for Premier League survival.

They’ll be ok, the three promoted teams are absolute dogshit.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

To be fair some of them few games was away to Liverpool, us and Man U

Exactly. They were on fire. 

Makes it even more bizzare they've shipped Olise. Andersen and, possibly, Guehi 

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

They’ll be ok, the three promoted teams are absolute dogshit.

Bit hard to judge Ipswich at this point like, their first two games were Liverpool (h) and Man City (a) :lol:

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Bit hard to judge Ipswich at this point like, their first two games were Liverpool (h) and Man City (a) :lol:

Meh. I’d be struggling to see any of the three hitting 20 points by Christmas and Leicester are expecting to be brutalised by a points deduction.

Thought Guehi looked pretty average again today, i know it is only two games but he certainly doesnt look like a 70 million transformative defender...

21 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Exactly. They were on fire. 

Makes it even more bizzare they've shipped Olise. Andersen and, possibly, Guehi 

Their owner is on the way out and will be buying Everton. That’s one of the reasons why I think Guehi gets done at our price, but with a bigger cash payment up front.

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

Honestly, can't get my head round this one at all, irrespective of his recent performances. 

He's a quality player in a position we need. Yes the price is steep, but you can't get your head round it at all?

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He's a quality player in a position we need. Yes the price is steep, but you can't get your head round it at all?

It's Palace recouping the Chews sell on clause that skews it. £18 mill I think it is. Take that off and you're there or there abouts.

Edited by PauloGeordio

10 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Honestly, can't get my head round this one at all, irrespective of his recent performances. 

But surely you trust the recruitment department? They've been pretty spot on since the takeover.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Honestly? No.

I can't understand what the club sees as the defining difference that draws them to pay the amount they're willing to pay for him, over a player like Botman. In terms if quality, there's nothing between them - although I rate Botman higher having seen him more. 

Then add PSR, our how this might impact our need to improve others as well and I'm not sure where the sense is. 

No doubt he's a very good player but £65-70m? 

10 minutes ago, Scoot said:

But surely you trust the recruitment department? They've been pretty spot on since the takeover.

100%. Definitely not doubting his quality, I just can't understand what it is that draws them so heavily to him to the extent they might be willing to compromise on strengthening other areas as a result. 

4 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Honestly? No.

I can't understand what the club sees as the defining difference that draws them to pay the amount they're willing to pay for him, over a player like Botman. In terms if quality, there's nothing between them - although I rate Botman higher having seen him more. 

Then add PSR, our how this might impact our need to improve others as well and I'm not sure where the sense is. 

No doubt he's a very good player but £65-70m? 

I think at £65 million we'd be overpaying be about £15 million, but I still understand the logic of the signing.