The Other 19

madras

13 hours ago, Froggy said:

Absolutely disgusting that these football owners seek to use taxpayer money for this kind of thing. 

The London tax payers money, so only affects you really.

The London stadium rental to West Ham was an awful deal, agreed by Boris Johnson. Its worst of all worlds as the stadium isn’t available for athletics for almost the whole year and yet the rental income is almost nothing.

Meanwhile West Ham have figured out it’s a terrible stadium for football but can’t buy it to fix it properly. It’s cheap for them but it’s also a poor stadium so they aren’t total winners.

On 06/08/2024 at 10:55, Dr.Spaceman said:

Havertz is a grade A cunt, the way he's acted against us several times and the way he went on after he won the CL, swearing on a live interview. He's perfect for Arteta and Arsenal. I did used to think they were okay, back in the Wenger days, but then Arsenal fan TV became a thing and that coked up baldy started appearing everywhere.

I genuinely couldn't give a toss about any other club other than Newcastle, I hope they all fold.

This is the sort of bile you should all be aiming towards btw. Shameful stuff from the N-O faithful. 

I know it's clearly down to money in the league, but the top 8 is stacked, I reckon any of those 8 would push top 3-4 in every other top league at least. Even Brighton and West Ham would be pushing. 

On 09/08/2024 at 07:11, Optimistic Nut said:

I know it's clearly down to money in the league, but the top 8 is stacked, I reckon any of those 8 would push top 3-4 in every other top league at least. Even Brighton and West Ham would be pushing. 

Its so typical that as soon as we become good after 15 years of Ashley a load of other teams do the same, was many years under Ashley where after the big 6 the rest of the league was a joke and now its much stronger.

10 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Reece James, Luke Shaw and Callum Wilson all injured already. DCL next, and then the new season starter pack will be complete.

Cripple Crew.

6 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

So Sky start with the usual Man U fest to satisfy the gloryhunters. I'll pass and watch my first match of the season tomorrow' Hoping Fulham spring a surprise 

It’ll be great if they lose or even draw tho. The immediate pressure on ten Haag if they lose will be so funny 

it is a really shite, unimaginative boring first game tho 

Edited by gdm

Missed this 

Manchester City and the Premier League have reached a sanction agreement, after the club admitted they had broken kick-off and restart rules.

The reigning Premier League champions have been fined £2.09m in total, with the breaches coming across the last two seasons, with City lifting the title in both of those.

The Premier League said in a statement: "The Premier League and Manchester City FC have entered into a sanction agreement after the club accepted it had breached Premier League Rule L.33 relating to kick-off and re-start obligations.

In terms of the longest delay to a single match, City were found to postpone the kick-off and restart of their home game against Newcastle United on August 19, 2023 by a combined 3 minutes 51 seconds.

Edited by Choppy Chop Chop
added a bit

Are any of the newly promoted clubs good enough to finally flush Everton out of the league?

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Are any of the newly promoted clubs good enough to finally flush Everton out of the league?

Can see Southampton and Leicester going straight back down, but Ipswich pressing on and doing a solid job. They've got the best manager of the 3 promoted clubs as well.

On 15/08/2024 at 14:44, gdm said:

From wiki...."in a 2024 interview with BBC Sport, Textor criticized Paris Saint-Germain for having ownership by the Qatar Investment Authority, and said that it was illegal under European law for a foreign nation to invest in a company"

Another dodgy American businessman...already owns Lyon

Villa copying another page of the Newcastle post takeover playbook

Castore
Emery

Diego Carlos

Diaby

Adidas

JD Partnership

Fanzone at Stadium

I’m sure they’ll come up with an original idea soon 

22 minutes ago, gdm said:

Villa copying another page of the Newcastle post takeover playbook