Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 25/08/24 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

You can’t have seen Kelly play if you think he has no pace. Burn has been brilliant at CB as well. 

No, you are right I havent, but I've seen enough of Burn and Krafth to know they can be effective in the centre while at the same time capable of making mistakes Bramble would have been embarrassed by

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

No, you are right I havent, but I've seen enough of Burn and Krafth to know they can be effective in the centre while at the same time capable of making mistakes Bramble would have been embarrassed by

God that's overstepping the mark.

What games have they played at CB that they have made these mistakes? Genuinely can’t remember them.

Last season there we were at our lowest in terms of injuries, think we even picked some more up during the game.  We’re better, just need to get our performance right and the result follows 

15 minutes ago, 80 said:

And in spite of all of that, we should be looking to win. As I said before, a draw is a totally believable result, but it shouldn't be a cause for joy.

It doesn't mean we should lose the plot if we draw either, but we shouldn't lower our standards if we want to do anything this season.

Fully agree man. We have all the tools and expertise to win. I'd be fuming if we wasn't going for it.

17 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Despite that I still think we are capable of winning down there.

I don’t think Bournemouth are all that to be honest, they will certainly finish in the bottom half of the league.

Regardless, I still think the minimum expectation should be a win.

We definitely can win and should be aiming for it. We have plenty of match winners. I just can see how it might not turn out to be our day, purely because defensively we've not got our best available, and because we seem to lack a but of energy and sharpness against Southampton. Could all easily be disproven with a solid win, would be great to keep that winning momentum.

10 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Burn has basically been imperious anytime he's played CB for the club, and Krafth solid under Howe. Weird statement. 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Burn has basically been imperious anytime he's played CB for the club, and Krafth solid under Howe. Weird statement. 

I dont recall specific games, but theres countless examples of Burn passing the ball straight out of play under no pressure, and probably just as many of both him and Krafth completely losing markers and following the ball. 

I dont recall specific games, but theres countless examples of Burn passing the ball straight out of play under no pressure, and probably just as many of both him and Krafth completely losing markers and following the ball. 

So not mistakes Bramble would be embarrassed by ?

3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Yeah, Burn may not be a great passer of the ball, but that doesn't make him a "Bramble esc defender". His stats compared to CB's are actually quality:

50c7ae7b66c1a8e10011c8836ad0af1a.png

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

So not mistakes Bramble would be embarrassed by ?

Well to be fair Bramble never looked embarrassed after a howler. Just stood there looking gormless

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Yeah, Burn may not be a great passer of the ball, but that doesn't make him a "Bramble esc defender". His stats compared to CB's are actually quality:

50c7ae7b66c1a8e10011c8836ad0af1a.png

Not arguing he can't be decent, but are you genuinely confident and not remotely worried when a half decent/quick player is against him?

5 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Not arguing he can't be decent, but are you genuinely confident and not remotely worried when a half decent/quick player is against him?

I can't remember a time when it been an issue every time he's played CB, LB it happened, but not CB. So i'm fine with it, especially since he's been utter quality since he went to CB last season. 

16 minutes ago, 54 said:

I can't remember a time when it been an issue every time he's played CB, LB it happened, but not CB. So i'm fine with it, especially since he's been utter quality since he went to CB last season. 

Well having just watched Aliens...in the words of Ripley. I hope you're right....I really do 

2 year ago this was the sort of game we were drawing because we couldn't put teams to bed.

A season ago we were losing these due to the injuries.

We'll have a good idea where we are after this. 

22 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

2 year ago this was the sort of game we were drawing because we couldn't put teams to bed.

A season ago we were losing these due to the injuries.

We'll have a good idea where we are after this. 

We’ll be returning home with another three points 

9 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Isak to be an absolute menace to their defence, someone's getting embarrassed I can feel it. 0 - 4.

They are a decent side.  It'll be closer than that.  Also, we are missing our 2 first choice centrebacks away.  I think it will most likely be Krafth and Burn at CB.  Tbf though they were great against Southampton.

20 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

They are a decent side.  It'll be closer than that.  Also, we are missing our 2 first choice centrebacks away.  I think it will most likely be Krafth and Burn at CB.  Tbf though they were great against Southampton.

Not doubting we're up against a decent side. Just backing Isak and co to fuck them up.

1 hour ago, hakka said:

We definitely can win and should be aiming for it. We have plenty of match winners. I just can see how it might not turn out to be our day, purely because defensively we've not got our best available, and because we seem to lack a but of energy and sharpness against Southampton. Could all easily be disproven with a solid win, would be great to keep that winning momentum.

We will blow these away.  However, the score will not reflect that.  1-2, guaranteed win.

10 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a back three of Kelly, Burn and Krafthinio.  It would make sense too as Hall looked a bit vulnerable and I think Tino and Krafth could be got at.

I don't think Tino can be 'got at', think he is excellent 1v1, has great recovery pace, tall etc

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

I'm sure that you are just making these comments up.  Very rarely have I witnessed what you are claiming.  You do watch our games I take it and not listening to RTG?