Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

I wonder if they will do the same for this as the away games, in that if you get a ticket but don't attend you wont get the credit for it should we then get to the final.

Edited by Geogaddi

4 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Now the next question is will there be any TV coverage for this? it seems that it falls on the same time as champions league and championship games.

It should be on Sky Sports +

20 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool would. Spurs possibly. Chelsea v Barrow sold out tonight but Stamford Bridge only holds 40k.

They never used to, mind. Just thinking back even just 10-14 years ago, PL clubs would hardly ever sell out early League Cup games. When we went to Old Trafford in 2012 there were 30,000 empty seats and we only took 700 fans. Compare that to the game last season. Anfield as well, only got 22,500 in against Northampton in 2010.

Interest and the overall prestige of going to matches has gone up massively in the last decade.

11 hours ago, Wullie said:

Wouldn't mind taking the bairn to her first game so I'm really interested to see if it goes to general sale (refuse to pay for a membership, seems like a big racket). If you'd told me when I was sitting in the cold against Portsmouth 15 years ago that one day you'd struggle to get a ticket for these games I'd have assumed you'd been sniffing turps.

Same here although I've paid for her membership (and bought one through a different account to my season ticket so I can take her... If I ever manage to win a ballot for us!). Absolute waste of money so far.  Nothing to show for it last season and nothing so far this season. 

Pissing me off now as she keeps asking when she can go again but absolutely nothing I can do apart from keep trying. 

Before they brought this in I was able to get her to quite a few games so feel like shit now that I can't get her there. 

11 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Now the next question is will there be any TV coverage for this? it seems that it falls on the same time as champions league and championship games.

Sky don't show the European games so I'd imagine they'll pick it up. 

14 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I wonder if they will do the same for this as the away games, in that if you get a ticket but don't attend you wont get the credit for it should we then get to the final.

I think it’s yet to be proven they actually do that for away games tbh. I know they’ve said they do, but….

6 minutes ago, whiteline said:

anyone having any joy entering the ballot? Im stuck in a queue for Brighton resale tickets, which I already have via the ballot.

I wouldn’t bother at the minute. Just go back on this afternoon.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It was mad to have it on the same morning as Brighton resale, but I guess technically the ballot is open for longer. 

Obviously they had to get the Wimbledon stuff going asap, so I guess it might have made sense to delay the Brighton ballot, but I suppose all the comms around it had already gone out, so might have been as big of a hassle to change it.

2 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

So do you have to be a member and a season ticket holder today 

Or just a season ticket holder?

This season you are a member if you’re a ST holder.

4 minutes ago, patrone said:

Never understood why people scramble to enter the ballot as soon as it's open, then moan that there's a queue to get in 🤣

No scramble here. I received an email from NUFC @ 10.20 informing the ballot was open, clicked on the link provided and found myself in a queue for Brighton tickets.

Never understood why a multi billion pound company in the 21st century could make such a pigs ear of a website.

Edited by whiteline

2 minutes ago, whiteline said:

No scramble here. I received an email from NUFC @ 10.20 informing the ballot was open, clicked on the link provided and found myself in a queue for Brighton tickets.

Never understood why a multi billion pound company in the 21st century could make such a pigs ear of a website.

But then you know there's 24 hours to be able to enter the ballot, regardless of the Brighton sale, there's always a queue as soon as the ballots go live as everyone wants to enter asap 🤷