Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United: 15/09/24 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

15 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Sunday should hopefully give Bruno more of a chance to play - kicks off for Brazil 01:30am Wednesday (UK time) 🤢 

Urgh! Jet lagged and without training until friday I suppose.

Was big Joe away aswell?

Tough game. Anything less than a 3 nil win will be embarrassing. Miggy must not play but should come on for the last 20 minutes against tired legs. Kelly at left back? Urghh. Think Kelly's experience will come in handy though. Don't get me started on Pope's kicking. How Pickford gets in ahead of him at England is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, TBG said:

Tough game. Anything less than a 3 nil win will be embarrassing. Miggy must not play but should come on for the last 20 minutes against tired legs. Kelly at left back? Urghh. Think Kelly's experience will come in handy though. Don't get me started on Pope's kicking. How Pickford gets in ahead of him at England is beyond me.

Worrying.

3 hours ago, 54 said:

The more it think about it, the more I'd rather there be a month long international break in January for these fixtures to be played rather than the stop start nature of the start of the season, a bit like Rugby has.

Fuck that, January is bad as it is. Imagine that shit show of a month without any actual football? :anguish:

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Just noticed that Wolves kit is manufactured by a brand I have never heard of, something called Sudu.

A quick Google says they're a sportswear brand owned by Fosun, who also own Wolves.

Either that or it's a Malaysian restaurant in central London.

Realised 4 of our next 5 games before the next international break in all competitions are away from home. The one home match being against Man City. 

Big opportunity for us to sort out being a competent football team away from the NE postcode.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

If we do well across those four away games the signs are that we’ll be on for a huge season:

Wolves away (tough game, just a draw)

Fulham away (horrible ground for us a lot of the time. However, think we’ll blow them away, 3 points)

AFC Wimbledon away (they’ll make it frustrating but we’ll win 2-0 and go through to the next round)

Everton away (we have to win against these little freaks, 3 points. This season we’re getting all 3)

Please

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Realised 4 of our next 5 games before the next international break in all competitions are away from home. The one home match being against Man City. 

Big opportunity for us to sort out being a competent football team away from the NE postcode.

Seems weirdly shit for us to only have 3 home games from matchday 1 to then. 

Edited by Kanji

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Seems weirdly shit for us to only have 3 home games from matchday 1 to then. 

It's saving me a bit of money tbf. :lol:

We have the nicer away fixtures (on paper) this side of Christmas. Vice versa with the home games. We know how good we can be at SJP (though we've not seen it yet this season in an admittedly tiny sample size) so I want to see a vast improvement in the level of performances away from home in this next batch of matches. We've been poor for far too long. Sort it out and we can have a really, really good season.

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

If we do well across those four away games the signs are that we’ll be on for a huge season:

Wolves away (tough game, just a draw)

Fulham away (horrible ground for us a lot of the time. However, think we’ll blow them away, 3 points)

AFC Wimbledon away (they’ll make it frustrating but we’ll win 2-0 and go through to the next round)

Everton away (we have to win against these little freaks, 3 points. This season we’re getting all 3)

Please

Our last 5 games at Craven Cottage:

1-0 win

2-0 win

4-1 win

2-0 win

4-0 win

5-0-0, 13-1 gd

Edited by Erikse

26 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Our last 5 games at Craven Cottage:

1-0 win

2-0 win

4-1 win

2-0 win

4-0 win

5-0-0, 13-1 gd

That’s what I was thinking when I read @gbandit post [emoji38]

Used to be a bit of a graveyard for us but been a few years now since they’ve beat us.

Maybe this will be their year 😆

30 minutes ago, LFEE said:

That’s what I was thinking when I read @gbandit post [emoji38]

Used to be a bit of a graveyard for us but been a few years now since they’ve beat us.

Maybe this will be their year 😆

In fairness, when I lived in London for six years I think we lost every game against them at Craven Cottage so I’ve just cemented it in my memory as a terrible away ground for us 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Aye, used to always be a nailed on draw or loss there, but we seem to have had their number in recent seasons. Cue that fucking changing now :lol:

21 hours ago, buzza said:

Urgh! Jet lagged and without training until friday I suppose.

Was big Joe away aswell?

If it wasn’t for him now being captain I wonder if this would’ve been a game EH would ever go with Tonali, Joelinton and Longstaff due to training time. Then introduce Bruno for the last 30.

I think this run of away games is huge and pivotal to how are season is going to go. Three very winnable games in the league away from home (on paper much easier than the Bournemouth game in my opinion), if we can get 7 points from them we are looking great for this season. If we have last seasons form and only manage 3 or fewer points then all of a sudden it is a bad start to the season and alongside the transfer window some real negativity would come in. 

Lets hope Howe has sorted us out away from home and we start to really kick on.