Edgar

Guest JamesD

Guest Bellers

Lets be honest his preformance wasn't perfect, but for a 19 year making his home debut out of position against the league leaders, it was more than half decent.

Nobody said he didn't have the odd blip but what do you expect? Perfection? Although the goal put this lad on the map, no one can deny his general game was solid and he's looked better than what we've had in left back over the last couple of years. People on the forum seem to be too keen to destroy any positive point to arise at the minute.

Potentially, Edgar may not be more than a squad player, but I don't think anyone can deny him his moment of glory...

Yeah, but the way people are talking. Edgar better than Bramble and Moore etc.

He may well be but some games Titus can look like a world class defender, other days he can look like Bubba from Forest Gump (well he always does, but you get my point). Edgar might have potential, but so did Bramble. Moore is a decent defender IMO for what we got him for.

Shows the kid isnt scum like Owen Hargreaves

"There's a lot of Canadians who go abroad and, all of a sudden, they want to become Dutch," said his father. "David stood up in front of the media (yesterday) and said `I'm a Canadian.'"

How is Hargreaves scum for saying he's Canadian because he was born and raised in Canada? It's called pride.

Perhaps it's because he's so proud of being Canadian that he plays for England? Not that you can blame the lad really.

Perhaps it's because playing for England would get him more exposure than playing for Canada?

The choice to play for England may not actually be anything related to pride, but more to do with his ambition and drive to succeed. If he were playing for Canada, he probably wouldn't have impressed so many England supporters this past summer, he wouldn't be attracting the interest of clubs such as Man United and wouldn't be one of the most important players in the one of the top leagues in the world.

You're right of course, just like no one's heard of players like Ryan Giggs or George Best.

Look, I don't blame the lad for not wanting to waste his international career, but if I was Canadian I might be a bit pissed off that he'd rather play for another country than help his own national team. It's called pride.

Have I been owned? :lol:

Look, personally, I'm proud to call myself Thai but realize that I'm actually Indian. If I were to represent Thailand in any sport, I'd be happy to do so but I'm also proud that I'm Indian btw. I realize this is not exactly the same as the situation with Hargreaves, but it's not a black and white thing when it comes to nationality and national pride.

19yr old centre half, playing at left back, on his home debut.....shame on him, he should be perfect finished footballing article already!

Yeah, just forgive him if he threw it away in the last minute eh. Tis allright, he's only a kid eh?

Slagging him for nearly doing something wrong? :lol:

I'm not saying he should be slagged off, but it wasnt "nearly" he did.  Just cos a mistake isnt exploited, doesnt mean it's not a mistake.

If people are going to slate him for NEARLY throwing the game away im going to call him world class because he DID contribute to us drawing the game.

bluewink.gif

Problem with youngsters is you have one side who over-rate him and talk about them too highly then you have those who try to counter this argument and go the complete other end and claim after 2 games they KNOW he will never make it and will always be an average player. Hardly ever get any middle ground!

If people are going to slate him for NEARLY throwing the game away im going to call him world class because he DID contribute to us drawing the game.

bluewink.gif

Problem with youngsters is you have one side who over-rate him and talk about them too highly then you have those who try to counter this argument and go the complete other end and claim after 2 games they KNOW he will never make it and will always be an average player. Hardly ever get any middle ground!

:lol: Aye, he had put in a good, promising performance. End of.

Can the quartert of Hutington, Edgar, Ramage and Taylor achieve more than the Boro quartet of Davies, Bates, Wheater and Taylor?

Turnbull vs Krul, this is a close call too.

Opinions?

The Guardian

"Was Arsenal's defence against Chelsea on December 10 - average age 21 - the youngest in the history of the Premiership?" asks Matthew Campbell.

No, is the rather simple answer, Matthew. That honour goes instead to Middlesbrough, who, back on May 7 2006, rested the majority of their first team for a game at Fulham, three days before their Uefa Cup final hammering by Sevilla.

Goalkeeper Ross Turnbull (20) and defenders Andrew Davies (20), Matthew Bates (18), David Wheater (18) and Andrew Taylor (18) featured in a back-line boasting an average age of less than 19 (18.8 to be precise). Steve McClaren's side contained seven teenagers at an average age of just 20, with just one player - the veteran then-26-year-old Malcolm Christie - over the age of 21. "It's a proud day for Middlesbrough," said McClaren after the game, which they lost 1-0, "and for Steve Gibson, the chairman, who always wanted as his dream to field a team of players born within 30 miles of the stadium. Fifteen of the 16 in the squad were that. The performance was heroic."

You could chop off Krul's arms and he'd be a better keeper than Turnbull!!  of the others  Andrew Taylor is a top player but from what i've seen of Bates and Wheater when we've played Boro's reserves i would take Hunty and Edgar over bates and Wheater but Davies is probably better than Ramage.  Steven Taylor would just edge out his namesake from Boro as the best of the lot though.

Can the quartert of Hutington, Edgar, Ramage and Taylor achieve more than the Boro quartet of Davies, Bates, Wheater and Taylor?

Turnbull vs Krul, this is a close call too.

Opinions?

The Guardian

"Was Arsenal's defence against Chelsea on December 10 - average age 21 - the youngest in the history of the Premiership?" asks Matthew Campbell.

No, is the rather simple answer, Matthew. That honour goes instead to Middlesbrough, who, back on May 7 2006, rested the majority of their first team for a game at Fulham, three days before their Uefa Cup final hammering by Sevilla.

Goalkeeper Ross Turnbull (20) and defenders Andrew Davies (20), Matthew Bates (18), David Wheater (18) and Andrew Taylor (18) featured in a back-line boasting an average age of less than 19 (18.8 to be precise). Steve McClaren's side contained seven teenagers at an average age of just 20, with just one player - the veteran then-26-year-old Malcolm Christie - over the age of 21. "It's a proud day for Middlesbrough," said McClaren after the game, which they lost 1-0, "and for Steve Gibson, the chairman, who always wanted as his dream to field a team of players born within 30 miles of the stadium. Fifteen of the 16 in the squad were that. The performance was heroic."