Edgar

Guest JamesD

You're joking right?

I have had enough, watching a brainless chicken diving all the time and ignore its own position.

Edgar has very good composure and positioning and he is originally a midfielder.

not bad for a development right? considering Butt's age and Parker's hopeless performance.

Guest optimistic nit

What's his natural/preferred position? Another centre back?

he's basically like micah richards but with talent.

;)

Guest keego_nufc

he playes as a DM/DC

i always liked him since the Malaga game,think he is a bright prospect,i think he is also got a senior cup but i am not sure of that

Senior Cap with Canada?  No

I think he will get his first in July after the U-20s

You're joking right?

I have had enough, watching a brainless chicken diving all the time and ignore its own position.

Edgar has very good composure and positioning and he is originally a midfielder.

not bad for a development right? considering Butt's age and Parker's hopeless performance.

Maybe one for the future, but not now. This was only Edgar's first home game and though he had a superb game and capped it off with a fine goal, I think you're being too hasty suggesting that as an immediate fix. Let him get a run of games first and then think about how else to use him surely?

to be fair, points for us and most teams in the prem are so important that i can understand why managers choose to use their experienced players when they have them. the way most people get into teams in the first place is through another player getting injured, unless they have been bought for £10 million obviously. Im not saying its the right thing but i can understand it.

and ramage hasnt been playing badly recently, in fact hes played quite well. One OG and people are all over him again. I dont think he'll ever be a player that can command a first team place but hes handy to have, like andy obrien was.

Last time I saw him, Edgar looked like a frightened rabbit. I wasn't expecting today's performance at all. Well done to the lad, and to Roeder and Pearson who are getting the most out of a makeshift defence.

Edgar has always showed a lot more composure and creativity than either Huntington or Ramage.  Even though I've only seen him for 2 games, he's tried to work with whichever winger he played behind, rather than lumping the ball upfield.  It's this mental ability which I think makes him a better prospect than Huntington, who might be strong, but certainly isn't too pacy. 

Edgar has always showed a lot more composure and creativity than either Huntington or Ramage.  Even though I've only seen him for 2 games, he's tried to work with whichever winger he played behind, rather than lumping the ball upfield.  It's this mental ability which I think makes him a better prospect than Huntington, who might be strong, but certainly isn't too pacy. 

Huntington didnt seem slow when he was running with rooney for the ball. Rooney was quicker but then rooney is actually really fast!

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Huntington & Edgar have both shown in their few games they're better than Ramage, and are going to be much better, than he'll ever be.

Agree completely.

Huntington & Edgar have both shown in their few games they're better than Ramage, and are going to be much better, than he'll ever be.

You are 100% right

And dont forget that Ramage is 23 and Huntington and Edgar are 19 :thup:

edgar looked very nervous and hesitant before today's match, while huntington looked a lot calmer and more assured. today it was the other way round, Edgar was sound the whole match despite having to deal with two or three players up against him, his passing was very neat and he won a couple of terrific challenges. people were complimenting him well before he scored.

Very early on Edgar made a challenge, wasn't anything special but the crowd gave a loud cheer and it was the sort that gets you thinking in your own head "yeah I did really well there" and from that moment he looked full of confidence!

i think now we should sell those fuckers  Bramble,Babayaro,Carr and Moore,and keep those two as back-up,and bring some decent defenders..

btw u think mourinho will give us Bridge as a thank you gift? :D

Agree 100% to sell Shambles, Car and Luque. Don't dislike Moore and Baba as much but if we can get some better players i.e. Sol Campbell in i'd definately sell them too!

After Jan?

New Rb  Moore  Hunty      Baba

Nobby    Taylor  Ramage  Edgar/New LB

Really like the look of the lads who are coming through our system i.e. taylor, Ramage, Hunty and now Edgar and think they've shown enough to be given a real chance.