Stephen Carr

Guest eyeball_tickler

Solano has essentially humiliated Carr in terms of what he's done at right back since coming in, he showed more energy against Man Utd than Carr has all season.  And it's not even his natural position.

Maybe not his natural position but he's hardly new to it, having played there apparently numerous times before he signed for us.

That's not backing up Carr btw. Solano is just a far superior footballer to Carr and is in fact a very, very highly skilled footballer blessed with a quality football brain too.

I think he played wingback for Peru - don't know if he played at the back much for Boca when he was there.  Whatever the case he seems to look more the part than Carr has recently.

Oh aye. As far as I'm concerned Solano is now our first choice RB.

Carr should have been let go in the summer, didn't he want to go anyway or was that the season before. I am sure if he had more desire to play for the club he would have played more games by now. We have no room for him at the club even given our depleted squad we need fighters.

Is not anywhere near as shite as you make him out to be.

You rate Carr and think Milner's shite :lol:

Says a lot about you tbh.

Says more about this board when literally no one seems to understand my stand on Carr...

Says more about this board when literally no one seems to understand my stand on Carr...

Yeah, and that's because said stand is well... how do I put this... stupid?

Or, it's the rest of you who are fucking idiots because you can't get it?

Go on then, EXPLAIN to the rest of us fucking idiots why Carr is such a good player.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Carr is without doubt the worst player in the premiership. He has no attributes you would consider anything above the norm.

eg

Bramble - Not the best player in the world but has size and strength

Carr - overweight, small, slow, poor passing, poor crossing, impetuous, poor heading.

If we were to measure Carr and Nobbys ability in terms of stadiums

Nobby = Emirates

Carr = Selhurst Park

Oh, I think I agree that Carr is a fine player when he's on form. He just tends to be completely off form almost all the time, which makes him pretty useless. He's as much of a has-been as Tore Andre Flo. We should see if we could offload him to Leeds.

He has the same injury this time every year.

He gets one little knock that bizzarelly takes him out for several months then pops up out of the blue and straight into the side.

If we get a decent 1st choice RB im happy to have Carr as back up, he can perform if motivated, the competition would do that IMO, but we shall see.

I would be happy to see him leave but he is a Roeder favourite so i cant see it.

Temper temper  :lol:

Carr is complete shite, absolute worst player we have here by far.

COMPLETE SHITE!!  :lol:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

uncertain whether he'll play again; he hurt his eyebrow in a freak accident at home this morning. Tat along with his bruised toe could signal the end for someone who is unarguable one of the greats of the game

Neither Carr nor Babayaro are as bad as many on here say. They're Premiership quality, but decidedly bottom half quality. When you consider their injuries and the fact they're getting even slower with age, they're not worth the bother and should be replaced ASAP.

In Carr's case he is far less needed than Babayaro because, in the short term at least, we already have a capable replacement in Solano. I wouldn't be bothered if we got some small change for him in January and packed him off somewhere else.

Guest TampaToon

what is wrong with him?

physioroom says "bruised toe" with no return date, but he hasnt played since 11th november so how bad is he?

could be "turf toe", not an uncommon injury in american football. as innocuous as it sounds it has actually forced retirement or ended seasons for a number of players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turf_toe

The injury can be debilitating for athletes who need to accelerate or 'cut' quickly. Use of the toes is not possible during the healing process. Since the toes are necessary for proper push-off when accelerating, those sorts of athletic activities can be almost completely curtailed. A healing period of one or more months is often required.

you can't play thru it or it never goes away.

He gets one little knock that bizzarelly takes him out for several months then pops up out of the blue and straight into the side.

If we get a decent 1st choice RB im happy to have Carr as back up, he can perform if motivated, the competition would do that IMO, but we shall see.

I would be happy to see him leave but he is a Roeder favourite so i cant see it.

That and what ohmelads said is what I think of Carr. Though, for some reason, when you read it, you just read "Towelie rates Carr". That's why you're idiots, not because you hate him.

Solano is waaayy better than Carr. Much better at reading the game. Solano has always been a smart player..Always known what to do in a situation before many other players

Cannot compare the performances between them lately  :winking:

That and what ohmelads said is what I think of Carr. Though, for some reason, when you read it, you just read "Towelie rates Carr". That's why you're idiots, not because you hate him.

ohmelads and I our Idiots? Anyways I have always maintained its motivation thats stopped Carr here, If there really was competition at this club for RB (someone that Roeder wouldnt drop automatically when Carr was "Fit") then you would see a different player. Although he has had good games for us in Europe this season, like him or not.