2 official bids for bale.......

Guest rosstoon

Guest Ridzuan

Even if Bale does go to Man United or Chelsea,I dont think there is any chance that we could get Bridge or Heinze.But to be honest,I really hope that we at least submit a bid for him.He still young and he has a bright future ahead.Even though he is still 18 years of age,he is better than Babayaro.He shouldnt accept Southampton new contract offer if he wants to have a better career.But I still think it would still be difficult to get him with all the big clubs also eyeing for his service.For some reason,Southampton always produce good young talents.

If Soton rejected two offers from Tottenham and Man Utd which were 3m and 5m the next offers will be for more than 5m.And Soton want 7m for him.So maybe they will sell him for 6m

I hope Roeder make a bid at least :confused:

As good a talent as this lad may be, it could be a gamble which we simply can't afford.

If Man Utd or Chelsea get him then I'd rather spend big on Heinze or Bridge anyway, both of whom would give us a few years of brilliant service. Particularly Heinze who is world class, although I think chances of getting him would be slim. Nevertheless neither club could keep 3 left-backs happy so if we miss out on Bale there may be opportunities elsewhere.

As good a talent as this lad may be, it could be a gamble which we simply can't afford.

If Man Utd or Chelsea get him then I'd rather spend big on Heinze or Bridge anyway, both of whom would give us a few years of brilliant service. Particularly Heinze who is world class, although I think chances of getting him would be slim. Nevertheless neither club could keep 3 left-backs happy so if we miss out on Bale there may be opportunities elsewhere.

Agreed :thup:

It's a gamble we should take.

This kid has bags of talent and I truly believe in 2 or 3 years he will be the best left back in the country.

He will not be a superstar straight away as he is still quite an average defender but going forward he is simply brilliant, he provides tons of support for his winger and is a good crosser of the ball. Also as everyone knows he knows how to take a free kick.

Never seen him play but all i can hear about him is that he is super talented and he is still 18 :thup: :thup:

If we signed him he can play for us for 15 years :lol:

I hope Roeder gets his targets this time :thup:

This kid has bags of talent and I truly believe in 2 or 3 years he will be the best left back in the country.

He will not be a superstar straight away as he is still quite an average defender but going forward he is simply brilliant, he provides tons of support for his winger and is a good crosser of the ball. Also as everyone knows he knows how to take a free kick.

Have you seen him defend or just the free kicks and crosses?

He would be a liability in our team.

Manu wouldn't use him for about 2 seasons, in fact they'd probably play him as a winger, and Wenger would need to seriouslt work on the lad before throwing him in.

If we brought him here it would be a waste of time and we'd waste his talent.

WE WILL NOT GET HIM!! Thats why we have not bid.

The transfer window is not open long and do we really need to waste time bidding for players we are never going to get.

The second Man Ure, Chelski, Liverpool or even Spurs bid we have no chance at all.

MOVE ON!!

Guest Bellers

WE WILL NOT GET HIM!! Thats why we have not bid.

The transfer window is not open long and do we really need to waste time bidding for players we are never going to get.

The second Man Ure, Chelski, Liverpool or even Spurs bid we have no chance at all.

MOVE ON!!

Sorry Skirgey boy but I have to disagree. Out of all the teams in for him I'd say we're the only one who can offer him reagular football week in week out. Although I think he'll stay at Southampton for the remaider of the season I'd say he'll be worth a punt in the summer.

Our biggest threat is likely to be Arsenal. They have a brilliant track record with young players and are in need of an alternative to Gallas so he can moved back into the middle. Clichy is hardly rooting up trees and he will have a friend in Walcott. All in all it would be a perfect destination...

Have you seen him defend or just the free kicks and crosses?

He would be a liability in our team.

Manu wouldn't use him for about 2 seasons, in fact they'd probably play him as a winger, and Wenger would need to seriouslt work on the lad before throwing him in.

If we brought him here it would be a waste of time and we'd waste his talent.

I've seen 4 full Southhampton games this season plus the a couple of extended highlight on the Championship programme.

I would say from what I've seen he'd be no worse at defending than Baba and Edgar and while in his first year or so he may make a few mistakes as all youngsters do I believe he is good enough to recover and go on to be a great defender.

He may not be a Wayne Bridge standard left back straight away but with a bit of patience and a few years I think he will be brilliant.

We have a chance depending on what he wants. If he wants regular first team football then Us and Tottenham are the only two teams who will give it him and we have a chance. However if he isn't that bothered about first-team football then we stand no chance against Liverpool, Arsenal and Man U.

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

The promise of first team football is what we cried at the start of the season, and what we cried last season, it did not help then and it won't help now.

Fact is a young lad with Man Ure or the Toon after him is going to pick them over us every time, even if they are told once they have signed they will be loaned out.

We need to stop living in a dream world, still thinking we can lure big players and up and coming stars here when the leagues top clubs are after them.

Arsenal have that lure yet their talent scouting system means they don't offten have to compete with other clubs for players, they find talent where other clubs do not even seem to bother looking. That is what we need to be doing and not going after players that we will only waste time on.

We have a chance depending on what he wants. If he wants regular first team football then Us and Tottenham are the only two teams who will give it him and we have a chance. However if he isn't that bothered about first-team football then we stand no chance against Liverpool, Arsenal and Man U.

Tottenham have Young-Pyo Lee as left back

The only team that would guarantee him 100% first team football is us

But that doesnt mean he will choose us

and the young lad they signed in the summer. How many times do we have to beat spurs to the signing of a player until people start to believe we can? Its Spurs!!

My Manure supporting associate says Heinze is in the last year of his contract? Surely thats not true?

He says they are going to let him go in the summer. Although i detest the man with a Lee Dixon-esq hate, i think he would be a quality signing, he is a good player if not complete filth.

The only problem is why is Ferguson happy to be rid of and refuse to play a world class player?

But i guess we could ask Jaap Stam and The Horse about that?

I cant see us getting Bale and if we do it will be for a horrendously inflated price that will leave too much expectation on young and inexperienced shoulders..a couple of inevitable mistakes and our loyalist supporters will rip him apart.

Matt Taylor would have been immense back when he would have considered coming here.

Bids for Baines or Heinze would be at the right time with all the hype around Bale

Although there would be better options on the continent if we had some balls to put on the chopping board.

Milner, Parker, Duff all choose Newcastle United over Tottenham so if its just us and Spurs in for Gareth Bale then i would fancy our chances obviously same situation regards to Giles Barnes.

i doubt very much Man United are actually in for Gareth Bale as they have spent millions already on Left Backs both Hienze and Evra.

Roeder is the only manager to say he is interested publicly for Gareth Bale however i suspect Spurs are also in for him as Lee and Ekotto have both struggled to impress Martin Jol to get a long runs in the side similar happened with Stalerti last season and Jol just went and brought Chimponda.

i suspect Newcastle and Tottenham are the two clubs to have bid.

and the young lad they signed in the summer. How many times do we have to beat spurs to the signing of a player until people start to believe we can? Its Spurs!!

Aye its spurs!!!

But i think that their scouting is way better than ours :confused:

They signed some magnificent young talents while we were doing...nothing

When you looked at their squad you start wondering way they are not in the fight for the top 4 places

They have 6 England internationals:Robinson,Dawson,King,Jenas,Lennon,Defoe :confused:

My point is that their scouts are always active and where their is some young talent there are always there :wullie:

I hate that...

And btw they beat us for Malbranque and Chimbonda at the start of the season so thats why i hate them even more :wullie:

We had a spell of signing promising youngsters when SBR was in charge(Milner was one) and at that stage, we were still looked upon as a good bet for them to join - in the top 5 of the Prem, playing good football, Shearer still there etc. etc.

The old saying 'any mud thrown always sticks' comes to mind - NUFC has degenerated so much in reputation over the past 3 years that players like Bale will always pick Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc ahead of us if given the chance, so it is basically a waste of time trying to get into an auction against those clubs if they want the same player.

Only stability & success on the field will change this, and these 2 things will be a long time coming, so NUFCs only real hope is to keep developing its OWN youngsters - that's why Academies were so important to us, and should have merited prime consideration; you can't sign players outside the window either, which makes life difficult - in 1971, we signed Terry Mac from Bury, and the first time I saw him v Liverpool, it was obvious he was going to be a great player.He was right on the Scousers' doorstep too, and we pinched him because our scouts were quicker to the punch(he was only 20,000 pounds - imagine how much a similar youngster would cost today..!).Had the Transfer Window system been in place then, we may not have got him because they would have more time to assess the player.Don't forget, he was also a Scouser, so would probably have chosen them if given the choice.As it was, they had to pay us 175,000 for him in 1974 - big money in those days.

The Transfer Window system is biased in the favour of big, lazy Clubs - little Clubs with good Scouting systems cannot beat them to the punch as easily now.

My great uncle was the scout who signed Terry Mac. True story.

Aye its spurs!!!

When you looked at their squad you start wondering way they are not in the fight for the top 4 places

They have 6 England internationals:Robinson,Dawson,King,Jenas,Lennon,Defoe :confused:

My point is that their scouts are always active and where their is some young talent there are always there :wullie:

I hate that...

And btw they beat us for Malbranque and Chimbonda at the start of the season so thats why i hate them even more :wullie:

See the post by Merliin. We've signed loads of young players over recent seasons, even appearing to have a specific policy of doing so ahead of established players for a few years under Robson, but it didn't quite work you know. Said young players going "off the rails" as Robson lost control of the dressing room etc etc.

Aye its spurs!!!

I hate that...

See the post by Merliin. We've signed loads of young players over recent seasons, even appearing to have a specific policy of doing so ahead of established players for a few years under Robson, but it didn't quite work you know. Said young players going "off the rails" as Robson lost control of the dressing room etc etc.

Aye!

You are right about Robson who prefered and looked always for young players,young talents to sign

Yes alot of them were big disappointments like Viana,Cort,Bramble but some of them turned to be quite good like Milner,N'Zogbia,Bernard,Bellamy

And i think that Robson lost control only with Dyer before the game against Middlesbrough,not the whole dressing room

My point is that if we compare our scouts and Tottenham's in recent years,their scouts seems to be more active than ours.They signed Chimbonda who i think should have been perfect for us also Malbranque,Lennon,Huddlestone,Carrick

And now they have actually made a bid for Bale while Roeder who officialy admited that likes this player doesnt even bother to make official bid :confused: