First signing imminent

stozo

Anton looked more composed than his brother at Old Trafford this season iirc.

Aliadiere looked ten-times better than Bellamy at Anfield last night...

Probably why Liverpool are looking to off-load him then  tongue.gif

Anton Ferdinand? No thanks. We need experience.

Why? We are not going to mount any serious challenge this year are we?

The way I see it if we buy younger palyers we will be better off in a few years when they develop.

Like with when we signed Jenas, Lua-Lua, Bramble, Viana, O'Brien & Ambrose you mean?

Yes. My personal opinion is that Jenas was and still is a very good player it's just he fell out with Souness and fell out of love with the city. As for Lua-Lua I think we would all take him back in a heartbeat right now to be out bakcup striker. Bramble has never filled his potential but then again that could probobly be siad about any defender we have signed in the last decade bar Woodgate. Viana and O'Brien were definete failures although I would have liked to see Viana given more of a chance. As for Ambrose I actually rated him as a backup midfielder, he was never gonna make it as a starter every week but i would definetly take him back to add depth to the central midfield area.

Guest donandy

I think for 7m its worth bringing Anton Ferdinang here :thup:

7m? No chance. We should only spend that amount on a strong and well-established player.

I agree that Anton might be a good signing in the future, but not right now.

"Like with when we signed Jenas, Lua-Lua, Bramble, Viana, O'Brien & Ambrose you mean?"

- To back up my point. Anton is too much of a risk at the moment

Anton Ferdinand? No thanks. We need experience.

Why? We are not going to mount any serious challenge this year are we?

The way I see it if we buy younger palyers we will be better off in a few years when they develop.

Like with when we signed Jenas, Lua-Lua, Bramble, Viana, O'Brien & Ambrose you mean?

What people seem to forget is that NUFC destroys any potential in a player under the age of 25. They come here with raw ability to be a great and end up a ruined reck by their second season. I always wonder how good Bramble, Milner and Zoggy would be now if they were bought by any of the top 4 in this country or others.

So I hope we are signing a veteran defender.

It says in the Chronicle tonight that we are not after Riggott, Ferdinand or Upson.

It does say that Roeder was looking at at least one player at the Liverpool Arsenal game last night though.

Paletta on loan it is then.

Crouch TBH