Beckham leaving Real Madrid at the end of the season

Leazes1986

Real Madrid director of sport Predrag Mijatovic has told Italian television that David Beckham will leave the club in the summer.

Speaking to Sky Italia, Mijatovic revealed that the former England captain would not sign a new contract at the Santiago Bernabeu.

"Beckham will leave us, we will not renew his contract," he stated.

Beckham's current deal runs out at the end of the season and there has been frenzied speculation about his future.

Real did initially offer the ex-Manchester United idol a new contract, but Beckham refused to commit himself to the club having fallen out of the first-team picture under Fabio Capello.

The Primera titans now appear to have lost patience with the 31-year-old and Mijatovic insists he will no longer be granted the opportunity to extend his stay at the club.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=440715&CPID=23&clid=186&lid=2&title=Real+to+show+Beckham+the+door

Still a good player. Don't want or need him though really.

I think he's garbage now.  Whilst money is clearly a factor, him being David Beckham an all that, he's off to the US cause he might actually cut it.  Whereas anywhere else, he's on the decline, and would only stand out in a good team.

Glad the process of realisation has begun though.  Couldn't stand the "obviously should be in the England squad, plays for Madrid, pfft" shite. 

Would make starting an MLS game on FM more worthwhile.

Would make watching it more worthwhile.

Its what both parties need really, the MLS is a shit league for burnt out half decent players, but its getting better.

Beckham would be the next step, but what is happening with the salary cap?

Depends what you would rather have, someone that grafts consistently for the team but isnt spectacular.

Or Beckham who will turn it on for a handfull of games, probably win a few for us but be largely dissapointing for the rest of the time.

If he comes back over here he will have a few great games and the pundits will higlight his good points and say "he's still got it"

Not worth it for the wages IMO.

Guest toon tone rudeboy

The interview with the head of the MLS at the championship game had him state that they were willing to allow everyteam one exception to the salary cap allowing one of the two teams (New York and Los Angeles) who could afford Beckham to get him.

Beckham's workrate is one of his best attributes I reckon.

Don't know really... number of times he would switch off for England, and cost us goals over the last 2 major tournaments has done my head in.

Depends what you would rather have, someone that grafts consistently for the team but isnt spectacular.

Or Beckham who will turn it on for a handfull of games, probably win a few for us but be largely dissapointing for the rest of the time.

If he comes back over here he will have a few great games and the pundits will higlight his good points and say "he's still got it"

Not worth it for the wages IMO.

Have you even seen Beckham play? He works he arse off.

And Emre grafts consistently?  Please.

Bluf's talking out of his arse.

If Beckham's garbage, what's Emre?  Sewage?

Erm, yes?  Yawn.

What a stupid post to be honest, I meant he was garbage in that he wasn't what he was, in that he's overrated by far.  Not that I meant to compare him to footballers with the playing ability of the conference.  Would be nice to see what YOU think of him though, and not what YOU think of other people's opinions.

Whoever said it, I agree, his workrate is his best attribute. 

I think we would see better of Beckham in the Premiership than in La Liga, he has had some good times there but he hasn't really looked comfortable, the lad never really wanted to leave Man Utd but didn't have much choice when Fergie didn't want him anymore.

I just don't think he would offer us enough to warrant the massive wages he would be paid. Obviously merchandising income would improve but would it be enough to cover the difference in the value he would add to the team and his wages?