Milner

Cajun

In the summer I wasn't too fussed if he left or stayed but since the disgraceful offload only to recall him back craic, he has been outstanding and much improved from the player who left us for Villa on loan, his work rate and character is second to none and while he isn't the quickest, he looks much sharper and that is a bigger plus than sheer pace. His crossing and shooting has improved (he stays back to work on those things apparently) and is proving himself to be a decent player, at 20 or 21 he is showing some good form for us and I'm now glad we didn't sell him for 3m or whatever it was. If you look at what Young went for and the likes of Pennent then Milner must be worth more than what we were wanting for him, he is a better player than both those two. Automatic first-teamer for me. Well done the lad, one of the worst things about this season was the manner in which we tried to offload him and no-one could have complained if he decied fuck the club. He'll always do well because of his character and determination.

Did you see him on Football Focus today? He sounded really commited to NUFC despite what we did to him in the last transfer window.

Good to see.

Guest Invicta_Toon

at fault for the first goal

jumping up like a retard, if he'd stood still on the post he would have blocked the shot

Guest Invicta_Toon

jumping up like a retard, if he'd stood still on the post he would have blocked the shot

rushed the ball,tried to block a shot...new board,same old shit eh vic?

are you disputing the fact that if he had stayed on the post it would not have gone in?

He's fucking shit. Though I can't take away from him that he's scored three times in like 5 games, very good for any player. Still, 99% (official Premier League Stats....or my own) of the times he gets the ball he loses it or puts a terrible cross in. How GeJon and others fails to see this is beyond me.

rushed the ball,tried to block a shot...new board,same old shit eh vic?

are you disputing the fact that if he had stayed on the post it would not have gone in?

if he'd stayed on the post and the shot had gone the other side of him you'd then slag him off for that.do you want the defender to stay on the post till the balll claers the box...he pushed out but couldn't block the ball,if you want to blame someone find out how davenport noddede back across unchallenged and cort was left unmarked.

His delivery into the box is a lot quicker now, and that's made all the difference.

He reminds me a lot, and I mean a lot, of Chris Waddle. He could be his dad. He'll cause defences problems.

too far!!!

Guest Ridzuan

I always think he is a good player.He is still young and Im sure he will be much much better for us in the future if we keep him.

His delivery into the box is a lot quicker now, and that's made all the difference.

He reminds me a lot, and I mean a lot, of Chris Waddle. He could be his dad. He'll cause defences problems.

He'll never be in the same class as Waddle.

The people who thinks that Milner is shit dont know anything about football...

He is 21

he can play with his left and his right foot equally good

has a good cross(sometimes his crosses are bad but when he puts one good its 90% goal)

he can develop alot because he is young

can use him on both flangs

he is commited to nufc

if someone can find me better player just say so...otherwise stop complaining about Milner being shit ???

Guest Hodgson09

He isn't shite, but he isn't the finsihed article either will evolve into a better player over the next couple of seasons, and to those who keep muttering he can't get quicker are talking out of their misinformed arses he could get quicker if his training was designed for it, but if all you do is play Pro Evo and Football Manager you wouldn't know that.

I'm not saying he needs to as he seems to be able to turn his man quite easily with his on-the-ball skills, but it can definately be improved its just like people can get stronger people can also train to be faster. Yes people are born with natural pace, but it can also be trained, hell even Pattison can be trained to be faster.

Jesus, i don't believe some of the stuff I read on here about Milner.

He was fantastic for us last year, and what I've seen this season, he's been good for you too, and has weighed in with a few spectacular goals.  After the way Newcastle dicked him about on the last day of the last transfer window, his commitment seems absolutely exemplary to me.  It certainly was for us last season.

He's 21 years old, for god's sake, he isn't the finished article, he's got a long way to go yet, so give him a chance. Its funny, but we get other fans telling us what a great player Agbonlahor is, but Milner for me is just as promising a player, and Agbonlahor shows all the infuriating inconsistencies and rough edges that Milner does.

Apparently, MON approached Roeder for him again in this window and was quoted double the price we agreed with you for him in the summer. Sounds stupid really, on on principle I'd not want us to pay it, but when you consider we're about to spaff the best part of 10 million on Ashley Young, maybe it isn't too mental?

New deal for Milner

Jan 21 2007

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

James Milner has agreed a new contract which will keep him at Newcastle until 2011.

The winger, 21, has won an improved, extended deal just five months after coming within minutes of being sold to Aston Villa.

Milner's current contract lasts until 2009, but his advisers met United officials at St James's Park on Friday and agreed a pay rise and two-year extension.

But while Milner has signed up, Newcastle's bid to buy West Brom defender Curtis Davies and land an Arsenal youngster on loan look doomed.

As we revealed last week, Davies' £12 million price tag is way out of United's price range.

And their loan bid - also revealed by us a week ago - for Gunners kids Armand Traore or Johan Djourou has been knocked back.

Meanwhile, Galatasaray are interested in re-signing Emre if he is found guilty of his racism charge and forced out of English football.

And Aussie defender Craig Moore has abandoned any attempts to win a new deal at St James's Park and looks set for a lucrative move to Dubai.

He's fucking shit. Though I can't take away from him that he's scored three times in like 5 games, very good for any player. Still, 99% (official Premier League Stats....or my own) of the times he gets the ball he loses it or puts a terrible cross in. How GeJon and others fails to see this is beyond me.

4 MOM performances in the last 6 games but its EVERYONE else who is failing to see something, right!

I offer ACTUAL stats to show how effective he can be but clearly that holds no water compared to the stats that you make up yourself, well done.

Guest Invicta_Toon

jon you just like his baby face and strong thighs. admit it and we can move this thread on   :-*

Baby face? thats one scary looking baby!

well I don't know WHY you find him attractive, but you obviously do man!

Guest POWNATS

Milner openly touted in summer....no takers

Newcastle aint got time to nurture fakers like Milner

"He works hard for the team".......how much does he get a week

Problem is there are far too many sub standard players at Newcastle

The game against Birmingham just about summed us up 

jon you just like his baby face and strong thighs. admit it and we can move this thread on   :-*

Because I stick up and rate a player who a lot take digs at? Grow up man FFS!

Milner openly touted in summer....no takers

Newcastle aint got time to nurture fakers like Milner

"He works hard for the team".......how much does he get a week

Problem is there are far too many sub standard players at Newcastle

The game against Birmingham just about summed us up  

You from the east side or the west side? :lol:

The Birmingham game sums him up? So you are ignoring the 3 MOM performances he put in before that then and yesterdays? Well done, clown!

Guest Invicta_Toon

Because I stick up and rate a player who a lot take digs at? Grow up man FFS!

don't get bitchy now Jon. We understand, it's hard to find a good man these days