Craig Moore - staying or going?

Raconteur

The following article is from Brisbane's Courier-Mail - no link as I copied it out :D

Moore Putting Out Feelers

The likelihood that Socceroos defender Craig Moore will be wearing an orange Queensland Roar jersey later this year has increased to “30 per cent” according to Frank Farina who had a “text-versation” with the Newcastle United defender.

“He sent me a text wishing us luck for the finals and he indicated to me that he is keen to come here to the Roar if he does return to Australia this year,” Farina Said.

“There is dialogue there. We are interested, of course, but it all depends if Newcastle makes him an offer for next season.”

With just four months remaining in the English Premier League season, it’s unlikely Moore will have his deal with United renewed for the 2007-08 season, leaving him free to link with the Roar.

Queensland are also believed to be in talks with ex-Socceroo and Leicester City midfielder Danny Tiatto.

What must be kept in mind is that Queensland "coach" Frank Farina is a media whore, and also that while utterly incompetent, the former national team mentor has strong ties with his former charges...

Sounds to me that far from choosing to come home to Australia Moore is deemed surplus to requirements and will be allowed to leave on a free. And to think they gave Bumble a new contract :roll:

The following article is from Brisbane's Courier-Mail - no link as I copied it out :D

The likelihood that Socceroos defender Craig Moore will be wearing an orange Queensland Roar jersey later this year has increased to “30 per cent” according to Frank Farina who had a “text-versation” with the Newcastle United defender.

“He sent me a text wishing us luck for the finals and he indicated to me that he is keen to come here to the Roar if he does return to Australia this year,” Farina Said.

“There is dialogue there. We are interested, of course, but it all depends if Newcastle makes him an offer for next season.”

With just four months remaining in the English Premier League season, it’s unlikely Moore will have his deal with United renewed for the 2007-08 season, leaving him free to link with the Roar.

Queensland are also believed to be in talks with ex-Socceroo and Leicester City midfielder Danny Tiatto.

What must be kept in mind is that Queensland "coach" Frank Farina is a media whore, and also that while utterly incompetent, the former national team mentor has strong ties with his former charges...

Sounds to me that far from choosing to come home to Australia Moore is deemed surplus to requirements and will be allowed to leave on a free. And to think they gave Bumble a new contract :roll:

I cant believe that his choice would be to go back home to play.

As someone once said, "you're a long time retired" and he'd regret it for the rest of his life imo if he chose to go home next season rather than stay on for another season in the big time however shite we may be next season.

Im not his greatest fan but he is definatly one of our best centre halfs if not THE best.

As someone once said, "your a long time retired" and he'd regret it for the rest of his life imo if he chose to go home next season rather than stay on for another season in the big time however shite we may be next season.

Im not his greatest fan but he is definatly one of our best centre halfs if not THE best.

I can understand the impulse though. The A-League is growing rapidly and having a famous local star come back from the big leagues is always an excellent crowd draw. Plenty of non-English players in the later stages of their careers return to their home leagues, even if they might be slightly lower in quality, because they figure it's a good time to give back to Football in their home country by helping their local league develop.

As someone once said, "your a long time retired" and he'd regret it for the rest of his life imo if he chose to go home next season rather than stay on for another season in the big time however shite we may be next season.

Apart from having no pace, ultra shit in the air and a total dirty cunt giving away freekicks like they were shrimps on the barbie, aye, our best by a mile.

I can understand the impulse though. The A-League is growing rapidly and having a famous local star come back from the big leagues is always an excellent crowd draw. Plenty of non-English players in the later stages of their careers return to their home leagues, even if they might be slightly lower in quality, because they figure it's a good time to give back to Football in their home country by helping their local league develop.

Craig Moore's reputation in Australia is as a no-nonsense defender... and drinker! The farce in Moenchengladbach coupled with the drunken antics last time he was home for the Socceroos has tarnished his on-field reputation, which was pretty solid...

I went to my first A-League match last night - and my God is it shite, even more shite than it appears on TV. Watching "returning heroes" like David Zdrillic and Damien Mori , and "young guns" like David Carney and Alex Brosque bumble around the pitch made me despair for the game in this country. So it's going to take more than Craig Moore coming back home to lift the standard!!!

Guest Alan Shearer 9

he can fuck off, no loyalty towards the club and we can bring in tonnes of experienced 30+ defenders according to Roeder...

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd provide an update.. It seems everyone on this board except me is convinced Moore is going back to Australia - I'm equally convinced he is not coming back (even if he doesn't stay at NUFC)

From today's Courier Mail - media whore/Queensland coach Frank Farina's column:

...The recruiting drive continues, as do discussions with members of our playing squad.

I'm still in contact with Craig Moore about his plans for next season, but he's still a young man and is definitely good enough for a few more years overseas.

Hopefully one day we'll have him at the Roar, but whether it's next season remains unknown...

I'm of the opinion that Moore is hanging out for another contract with NUFC, and if that doesn't happen I reckon he's more likely to end up in one of the "retirement leagues" of the Middle East hoping for one last payday. Coming back home to Australia, contrary to what he may have said earlier in the season, is his last choice in my opinion...

i'm pretty sure moore has made clear many times that he only intends to stay the two years of his contract and then head back to australia.

i'm pretty sure moore has made clear many times that he only intends to stay the two years of his contract and then head back to australia.

I can appreciate that - but so Roeder said many times that there would be signings in the winter transfer window, and Shepherd said that we wouldn't believe who wanted the NUFC job. In other words talk is cheap, and I don't believe him for one second. From the two quotes I have provided it doesn't sound very likely that coming back home is his priority