What has become of our club ?

Guest nyscooby

Guest nyscooby

With FFS playing SJH on this share issue, it is obvious why we have signed no one....

When i asked my mate, "are you renewing your season ticket for 2007/2008" he said yes, then apologised.

This is all wrong. We are being played like fools, us fans that is. Led around like idiots.

Q, are you going to renew?

Q, show your disgused by not buying tickets?

Q, or carry on regardless like my mate.

Personally i cant take much more.

If this City had more than 1 club then not renewing would be an option. The fact is there is too much demand for the tickets for ppl not to buy them to make an effect. You will just be replaced by people who have even less intelligence who just want to see the games and don't care about the background matters.

IF you want to make a change, there's only one way.. demonstration. Tried and tested, sound your disapproval in games, show your disapproval outside the grounds before and after matches, show your disapproval with flyers/handouts/t-shirts.

Will never happen tho.

At this moment in time I'll likely not renew.

I'm certain now that under the present regime the Club has now found it's level - mid table medriocrity.

It also sticks in my throat that my hard earned is going towards paying the likes of Dyer, Bramble etc. wages. Sickening. Bramble getting offered and signing a new contract will make my decision much much easier.

Don't have a season ticket, as I can't get to every game but if I could get to every game I would definetly be renewing.

I agree we are definetly in a dip right now but I'm confident we will get out of it and be challenging for the Champions League places in a few years.

Guest andynufc84

I will be back next season - reluctantly, I know a few who arn't.

Don't let them (FFS) grind you down, no one will stop me from following my club

Don't have a season ticket, as I can't get to every game but if I could get to every game I would definetly be renewing.

I agree we are definetly in a dip right now but I'm confident we will get out of it and be challenging for the Champions League places in a few years.

With respect fella - this year is OUR year for the last 50 mate.

I doubt very much that I will be renewing this summer. Cash is tight for me at present, and that couple with how the club is run at present, will ultimately be the deciding factor.

I'll more-than-likely be picking and choosing my games, next season.

With FFS playing SJH on this share issue, it is obvious why we have signed no one....

When i asked my mate, "are you renewing your season ticket for 2007/2008" he said yes, then apologised.

This is all wrong. We are being played like fools, us fans that is. Led around like idiots.

what a shame they have so many season ticket holders, they didn't have hardly any before the Halls and Shepherd. The question is, where were all the fans who will support the club forever [discounting those who think buying England players and qualifying regularly for europe is "failure"] befor 1992, and indeed almost entirely during the 1970's and 1980's.

what a shame they have so many season ticket holders, they didn't have hardly any before the Halls and Shepherd. The question is, where were all the fans who will support the club forever [discounting those who think buying England players and qualifying regularly for europe is "failure"] befor 1992, and indeed almost entirely during the 1970's and 1980's.

Not born perhaps?

Here we go...... ::)

Guest Invicta_Toon

boooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

been watching the toon since early 70's and had a season ticket from early 80's when i could afford one ,

did all the usual around the country following my team win,lose or draw and when hall took control and keegan as manager i thought get in a team to be proud of.without going through the predictable moanings after keegan left and the gullit ,dalglish nightmares i thought bobby robson had made us turn the corner again only to be fooked about by the fat one and as we all know the rest is history .leaving the sad mess that we have today all created by ffs.jacked my season ticket in last summer and i will renew when the fat one goes and we a hopefully taken over . :'(

Guest Gemmill

I'll renew, but I'm gonna try and shift from Milburn L7 so that I'm not paying £600+ (cos it will be over £600 next season) for matches that I can see for £400.  I also won't be going on the direct debit scheme next season - was on it this season up until last week.  If we somehow end up in the UEFA I'll probably give a lot of them a miss - shit games against shit opposition for £20.  No thanks.

That's about the extent of my changes.  Could fully understand anyone not wanting to renew though.  I'm not daft and I don't think we're in our worst position ever or anything (as NE5 likes to suggest of anyone vaguely disillusioned by our current lot), but it's a lot of money, and if you're just not enjoying it any more then you've no duty to keep handing that cash over.

I'm not particularly enjoying going to the match these days btw.  Not because I think we're especially bad (we're firmly in the mediocre category though), but because everything about the club is just one big wasted opportunity, and it's disheartening.  Come day one of next season I'll be gagging for it again, like everyone else, but by Christmas no doubt reality will have bitten, and it'll be a case of seeing out the remainder of the season in disappointment.  Rinse and repeat.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'll renew, but I'm gonna try and shift from Milburn L7 so that I'm not paying £600+ (cos it will be over £600 next season) for matches that I can see for £400.  I also won't be going on the direct debit scheme next season - was on it this season up until last week.  If we somehow end up in the UEFA I'll probably give a lot of them a miss - shit games against shit opposition for £20.  No thanks.

That's about the extent of my changes.  Could fully understand anyone not wanting to renew though.  I'm not daft and I don't think we're in our worst position ever or anything (as NE5 likes to suggest of anyone vaguely disillusioned by our current lot), but it's a lot of money, and if you're just not enjoying it any more then you've no duty to keep handing that cash over.

I'm not particularly enjoying going to the match these days btw.  Not because I think we're especially bad (we're firmly in the mediocre category though), but because everything about the club is just one big wasted opportunity, and it's disheartening.  Come day one of next season I'll be gagging for it again, like everyone else, but by Christmas no doubt reality will have bitten, and it'll be a case of seeing out the remainder of the season in disappointment.  Rinse and repeat.

exactly.

In NE5's day you paid peanuts to watch monkeys

nowadays you get a loan out to do the same

Ill be renewing even though im not happy about this seasons performances, i do honestly believe that our club is rotten to the core, top to bottom people are taking money for doing little to nothing but then id hazard to guess that most clubs are the same.  As for not renewing i honestly believe that because we are only a one club city there will always be new people there to get the tickets, we the Newcastle United fans dont just see Newcastle as our team we see it as our club, our pride, our faith almost our religion.  Our songs are littered with pride, We are Geordies, We are Newastle United and every club in the country knows it and wishes they had it, away fans dont refer to us as Newcastle supporters even they call us Geordies and thats what we and Newcastle United are.  The problem is were victims of our own loyalty and faith.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Ill be renewing even though im not happy about this seasons performances, i do honestly believe that our club is rotten to the core, top to bottom people are taking money for doing little to nothing but then id hazard to guess that most clubs are the same.  As for not renewing i honestly believe that because we are only a one club city there will always be new people there to get the tickets, we the Newcastle United fans dont just see Newcastle as our team we see it as our club, our pride, our faith almost our religion.  Our songs are littered with pride, We are Geordies, We are Newastle United and every club in the country knows it and wishes they had it, away fans dont refer to us as Newcastle supporters even they call us Geordies and thats what we and Newcastle United are.  The problem is were victims of our own loyalty and faith.

hello Fred?

My team don't have to be winning for me to enjoy,support or love them. I thoroughly enjoyed the west ham game as sad as it sounds. Obviously, it would have been just as enjoyable to put six past them but i just like to watch a good game of football and every year Newcastle United don't disapoint. I will support this club unwavering up until the point in which we win a trophy worth shouting about, then i will relax. 

Guest andynufc84

My team don't have to be winning for me to enjoy,support or love them. I thoroughly enjoyed the west ham game as sad as it sounds. Obviously, it would have been just as enjoyable to put six past them but i just like to watch a good game of football and every year Newcastle United don't disapoint. I will support this club unwavering up until the point in which we win a trophy worth shouting about, then i will relax. 

i've been going for 10 years, good football?? you must be joking with all due respect?

we get served up absolute dross on a regular basis.

i don't blame anyone for not renewing. NUFC is a big part of a lof of peoples lives in newcastle. But people have to spend their money on more important things eg family, roof over head etc..

As much as we all love this football club and want it to succeed, i get the feeling people are growing tired of the whole thing.

Some of the fotball in recent years has been not nothing short of disgraceful, inept, shocking..and people won't stand for it any longer

Guest Gemmill

If it's good games of football you're after, it's been slim pickings at St. James' for a few seasons now. 

exactly.

you could say I am pointing out what a shit board is really like, and the realisitic possibility it could happen again.

Basic common sense really, rather than naively thinking it is impossible.

Guest elbee909

you could say I am pointing out what a shit board is really like, and the realisitic possibility it could happen again.

The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."

Guest Invicta_Toon

exactly.

boooooooooooooooorrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg