Glenn Hopeful on Defender Decision

Skirge

Guest eyeball_tickler

wouldnt it have been great if that takeover went through. we might have had 2 pennies to rub together.

Not cessinarily.

imagine if other teams fans were reading these pages and seeing how excited we all are because we might, just might loan a defender for a few months. this is another fred-caused crisis.

The striker is blatently Aliadieire.

It would fit, like. Rossi-style (.com) and was supposedly going to Boro. Last I heard though after Van Persie was ruled out they said they wanted to keep him as backup.

4 HOURS! :confused2:

It's like 24 only with 48 hours instead of 24.  :cheesy: 

Previously on 48:  *plunk.......plink.......plunk......plink* 

"Gimme the list, Glenn."

"The FUNDS, Freddy.  GIMME THE FUNDS!"

"You've got 48 hours to bring this guy in Glenn.  Don't let me down...."

*cut to Roeder on phone*

"Yeah, Gavrancic.......yeah.......he's WHAAAAAT?..........Worse than fucking Ramage?   Are you sure??!......FUCK A DUCK!"

The following takes place between 13:01 and 14:00 on the 26th of January 2007.

*plunk.....plink......plunk.....plink*

Quality.  :lol:

3 HOURS!!!!!!!!! :cheesy:

Am I right in assuming nothing can happen over the weekend because the stock exchange's closed, making this weekend officially the most boring ever?

Nope, I think we signed Duff on the saturday. If not we confirmed we will be signing him so things can happen over the weekend. Not that they will though!

I work for SWX/virt-x and I don't think that transfer activities depend on the opening/closing of the Stock Exchange. All price relevant actions that took place over the weekend can be reported until monday...  ^-^

If he is finding it to hard to get players to coe then he needs more targets, Gooch would be a good signing yet he ruled him out in an instant.

Go fkn sign him Roeder you fkn foolish man!

Belgian newspapers still say though that Onyewu is going to Marseille or Newcastle, with Marseille being Standard's choice and Newcastle being Onyewu's choice. He'll leave for free next summer, so I suppose he shouldn't cost too much. Of course, if there's no money at all it'll be pretty difficult finding a decent defender in the next few days.

Guest Gemmill

Looks like Distin could be off to Spurs in a swap deal for Mido, 2 other players moving thatw e could have done with.

That's impossible.  There are no players of any quality moving in the January window.  Glenn said. 

Looks like Distin could be off to Spurs in a swap deal for Mido, 2 other players moving thatw e could have done with.

That's impossible.  There are no players of any quality moving North of the Tyne in the January window.  Glenn said. 

Edited for truth.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~969878,00.html

Glenn Hopeful on Defender Decision

GLENN Roeder says he remains hopeful of being able to bring in an international defender on loan at Newcastle United - but admits the next 48 hours could be crucial.

The Toon boss isn't prepared to reveal the identity of his target just yet, but wants supporters to know he is still working hard on adding to his squad.

He said: "We are talking to the player's club and we are hoping they will release him to come across here and we will find out in the next 48 hours.

"We know all about him and his playing record, but we still want a look at him with the view to a loan deal until the end of the season."

United, of course, have no game this weekend having been knocked out of the FA Cup.

But Roeder is still out on the training pitch with his players and already preparing for the visit of Aston Villa to St. James' Park next week in the Premiership.

Sounds like a red Herring to me!

Guest Sniffer

Thank Christ distin is going to spurs ( if it's true ) and not us. He is vastly overrated and will do them no good at all.

0 (ZERO) HOURS AND NO STATEMENTS. THE DEFENDER HAS DECIDED. IT'S ALL OVER.

ALL HOPE IS LOST.   :buck2:

are you all there??

the defender was the kid from kiev, and the whole world found out yesterday that he wasnt coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you all there??

the defender was the kid from kiev, and the whole world found out yesterday that he wasnt coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nonsense. Roeder wouldn't tell the supporters that he was looking to sign a bloke in the next 48 hours without even knowing how good he is.

It's all smoke and mirrors. I bet we have actually signed this unknown defender and have simply not released a statement just to make the end of the transfer window a bit more fun and exciting for the rest of us.

/guuuurr :cheesy:

Guest NSMagpie

are you all there??

Nonsense. Roeder wouldn't tell the supporters that he was looking to sign a bloke in the next 48 hours without even knowing how good he is.

It's all smoke and mirrors. I bet we have actually signed this unknown defender and have simply not released a statement just to make the end of the transfer window a bit more fun and exciting for the rest of us.

Right, we just need to find out who is he? Cannavaro? Terry? Rio Ferdinand?  ;) Miracles happen, don't they?

ALL HOPE IS LOST.  :buck2:

are you all there??

Right, we just need to find out who is he? Cannavaro? Terry? Rio Ferdinand?  ;) Miracles happen, don't they?

It's Thuram as he can't get a game for Barca