Looks like we really have no money

stozo

Shepherd is an absolute disgrace.

Roeder must have been completely misled as to who the club can afford if he had compiled a list of targets and then find out we can't even afford one of them.

Means he's spent the last few months looking at big money players, when he needed to instead be looking at cheap options.

Roeder was blatantly appointed so that Shepherd could have a man in place with whom he could totally control what went on in the transfer market.

;D

The dynamic duo is back I see. Would like to ask NE5 the same questions I asked HTL.

Above all I would like to know, are you truly still happy with the board? And if so, why? I would also like it if you did not answer with "It is better than the one we had in the 80´s"

For anyone who thinks the club has no money for players.....again.

Year Players In        Players Out      Balance
2006 £15,140,000 £  7,500,000  -£  7,640,000
2005 £45,500,000 £11,400,000  -£34,100,000
2004 £ 9,000,000 £19,500,000  +£10,500,000
2003 £11,500,000 £  0.000,000  -£11,500,000
2002 £18,000,000 £ 0.000,000  -£18,000,000
2001 £18,300,000 £  6,500,000  -£11,800,000
2000 £16,290,000 £14,400,000  -£  1,890,000

So when exactly was the last time the Board didn't make money available for players?

BTW I just added this up in a rush (I'm gannin' oot) from the data on nufc.com at http://www.nufc.com/2006-07html/transfers.html.  If I've made a mistake feel free to point it out, I'm not deliberately trying to mislead, just trying to show the facts of the expenditure on players by the club since 2000.

Maybe this is what happened.

Coming up to Christmas we've got two interested parties looking to buy the club and inject funds. Shepherd tells Roeder the deal is going to go through and to prepare accordingly. Meanwhile Shepherd goes to look at private islands in the carribean.

By the time the window opens we're down to one bidder, and then none. Now we really are skint. Loan moves and transfers are dependent on moving players out to cut the wage bill but with no-one wanting Luque and swap deals including Bramble being turned down we're not able to do even that.

The result is Roeder heading for the bargain basement at short notice and having to open negotiations about players before he's finished checking them out properly. Finally, fed up with the situation Alan Oliver gets the off record briefing about no money in the kitty as the manager does the only thing he can do to blame the chairman.

Guest shaun11177

its nothing to do with the debt,its everything to do with wages to turnover,when it was 50% it left some cash now its 68% it takes all the spare cash.

In the last accounts FF said the wage bill had to be reduced in the medium term.

Basically players must leave before others can be bought in,even so a couple of loans for 4 months isnt going to kill us.

you know its a good article with no quotes! i do think we have little or no money tho :'(

Quite, the only actual quotes referring to our transfer kitty were from Roeder himself. But, whatever.

Someone has been telling porkies and the only way to sort this out is a........ FIIIIIIGGGGHHHHT!!!!!!

http://www.hdfa.co.uk/sffred.gif          http://www.hdfa.co.uk/sfolly.gif                              http://www.hdfa.co.uk/sfglenn.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you mind if I add those to the smiley index?

They're a bit rough but no bother, anyone can have 'em. :)

By that logic then HTL there's no point in discussing anything. Sounds fun!

Not at all, just so long as people realise the hatred of Fred tripe they post is not based on fact. Nor is the recent trend to the daily references to a lack of planning. Does anybody on this forum know what is happening inside the club? I don't, that's for sure. Nor do I believe everything uttered by Roeder or FS, both will say what they are expected to say and they have no duty to spill the beans to the supporters.

It doesn't matter whether or not Fred is incompetent, the Board has a history of releasing funds for new players to the point they are slagged off for paying transfer fees that are too high and for shelling out too much on wages. People can't have it both ways. They get slagged for over spending and then slagged for not spending.  :rolleyes:

If the club isn't able to bring players in right now there will be a reason and it won't be down to the the latest and greatest craze of pointing to a lack of planning or the Board being tight fisted.

It seems that some people think that if they post certain criticisms often enough they will become facts.

Speaking personally, I'd like our club to be run by someone who knows what they're doing.

However you slice it, we're one of the world's richest clubs and we're going into our third transfer window in a row without any money.

It is Fat Fred who has managed us into this situation, and no one else.

I do understand that context is difficult for some.

And the big picture impossible for others.

We're one of the 20 richest clubs in the world. We've got no money to spend -- again! -- even though we desperately need reinforcements.

What's to blame? Gremlins? The weather? Or, just a wild and crazy guess here, the people who are actually running the club?

Again?

Your post above shows that you don't understand the tiny picture, let alone the big picture.

Same old insults, no actual argument.

Who runs the club?

(Posters who don't have their heads stuck up their arses may find it easier to answer this question.)

Not at all, just so long as people realise the hatred of Fred tripe they post is not based on fact. Nor is the recent trend to the daily references to a lack of planning. Does anybody on this forum know what is happening inside the club? I don't, that's for sure. Nor do I believe everything uttered by Roeder or FS, both will say what they are expected to say and they have no duty to spill the beans to the supporters.

It doesn't matter whether or not Fred is incompetent, the Board has a history of releasing funds for new players to the point they are slagged off for paying transfer fees that are too high and for shelling out too much on wages. People can't have it both ways. They get slagged for over spending and then slagged for not spending.  :rolleyes:

If the club isn't able to bring players in right now there will be a reason and it won't be down to the the latest and greatest craze of pointing to a lack of planning or the Board being tight fisted.

It seems that some people think that if they post certain criticisms often enough they will become facts.

Speaking personally, I'd like our club to be run by someone who knows what they're doing.

However you slice it, we're one of the world's richest clubs and we're going into our third transfer window in a row without any money.

We're one of the 20 richest clubs in the world. We've got no money to spend -- again! -- even though we desperately need reinforcements.

What's to blame? Gremlins? The weather? Or, just a wild and crazy guess here, the people who are actually running the club?

Again?

Your post above shows that you don't understand the tiny picture, let alone the big picture.

Same old insults, no actual argument.

Who runs the club?

(Posters who don't have their heads stuck up their arses may find it easier to answer this question.)

Heads? Arses?

Really?

Presumably  we had a 65 mill debt before we bought Martins and Duff. Nobody on this board know the club's finances regarding funds available for transfers. We've been in debt for years and money has always been available.

What's your point?

The bulk of the debt at the time of those signings was long-term and was being paid for by the thing it was used to build, level 7.  We've since spent £15 million with a bit coming back in but our gates are falling so we will have less money coming in, we're far less likely to be given the go-ahead by the banks to spend money we haven't got.

In August we had season ticket money rolling in and two domestic cup competitions to bring in extra cash, we also had the possibility of European football.  We're out of both domestic cups so will take no more cash from those competitions, we only have small European gates and a relatively small amount coming in per home league game via away supporters and the few tickets that go on general sale, hardly enough to finance major signings.

My guess is that we've got nothing to spend.

Really?

Presumably  we had a 65 mill debt before we bought Martins and Duff. Nobody on this board know the club's finances regarding funds available for transfers. We've been in debt for years and money has always been available.

What's your point?

The bulk of the debt at the time of those signings was long-term and was being paid for by the thing it was used to build, level 7.  We've since spent £15 million with a bit coming back in but our gates are falling so we will have less money coming in, we're far less likely to be given the go-ahead by the banks to spend money we haven't got.

In August we had season ticket money rolling in and two domestic cup competitions to bring in extra cash, we also had the possibility of European football.  We're out of both domestic cups so will take no more cash from those competitions, we only have small European gates and a relatively small amount coming in per home league game via away supporters and the few tickets that go on general sale, hardly enough to finance major signings.

My guess is that we've got nothing to spend.

yet we had money to spend on zat knight and huth,and extra guranteed income through the overseas rights....theres money there,maybe not a souness amount but it needs spent right rather than "he's an improvment" we need "he's quality".

Yet we had money to spend on zat knight and huth,and extra guranteed income through the overseas rights....theres money there,maybe not a souness amount but it needs spent right rather than "he's an improvment" we need "he's quality".

We tried to sell Milner to finance transfers, we've had our lowest home league gates since the extension was build and we've turned a small profit into a massive loss.

Yet we had money to spend on zat knight and huth,and extra guranteed income through the overseas rights....theres money there,maybe not a souness amount but it needs spent right rather than "he's an improvment" we need "he's quality".

We tried to sell Milner to finance transers, we've had our lowest home league gates since the extension was build and we've turned a small profit into a massive loss.

so the story goes we tried to sell milner to buy viduka(4mill for milner and 2mill for viduka),evereyone knows a slight upturn will get the extra 2,000 back and from next season we'll get an extra £20mill or so from the new foreign tv rights(i nkow every team will get them but our bankers will be looking at us alone)

If money is tight because of some poor decisions made previously, then that's one dimension to the problem. I feel that the finger points at Shepherd, but at the same time he wouldn't be the only chairman to have made mistakes.

But what for me is totally unacceptable is that a few weeks ago, when he was under open pressure from the fans and a takeover looked like a possibility, he said that funds would be made available to Roeder to strengthen the side, 'as had always happened with managers in the past'. It now looked like he was bullshitting his way out of a difficult situation by easing the pressure on himself, and that's just not the sort of person to be running our club.

The dynamic duo is back I see. Would like to ask NE5 the same questions I asked HTL.

Above all I would like to know, are you truly still happy with the board? And if so, why? I would also like it if you did not answer with "It is better than the one we had in the 80´s"

Listen mate, at the end of the day, you know very little about this club. People like me and HTL attempt to wise you up but you don't listen or want to listen. I don't mean to sound patronising, but you give me very little choice.

Newcastle United does not have a divine right to be one of the top clubs in the country. There are numerous other clubs who were above us for decades - that should not have been. That could just as easily happen again if we really did have a shite board. Look down the road at Sunderland if you don't believe me. That is, if you know where Sunderland is or know anything about them and their potential too. Take these comments on board if you like, or don't if you don't want to, but if you wish to remain largely ignorant of the reality of our situation and the progress we have made under this board, that is your choice.

and before the Halls and Shepherd we were ?

They bought your idol Tina Arsprilla too, you know that bloke who scored 2 league goals in a season you said was "a success".

Its also about time you dug the dirt on the club to a scumbag Lundon journo again ........

Listen mate, at the end of the day, you know very little about this club. People like me and HTL attempt to wise you up but you don't listen or want to listen. I don't mean to sound patronising, but you give me very little choice.

Newcastle United does not have a divine right to be one of the top clubs in the country. There are numerous other clubs who were above us for decades - that should not have been. That could just as easily happen again if we really did have a shite board. Look down the road at Sunderland if you don't believe me. That is, if you know where Sunderland is or know anything about them and their potential too. Take these comments on board if you like, or don't if you don't want to, but if you wish to remain largely ignorant of the reality of our situation and the progress we have made under this board, that is your choice.

Do you then believe that Shepherd should be unblamed for as long as we reamain in the top flight?

Although it is a blessing to have had top flight football year-in, year-out for the past 15 years, I don't want to see the club rest on its laurels, I want it to see it constantly try to improve itself. Everything seems a bit complacent right now, and complacency brings decline, and that is a worry for me.

My criticism of Shepherd is not with the purpose of necessarily ousting him. You need people to point out his faults, otherwise he could get really complacent. Ideally, until the day a billionaire Geordie comes along, I am happy just pointing out that Shepherd has done this and that wrong, in the hope that Shepherd can acknowledge these faults and try to improve on his own performance.

Where did he say we "have a divine right to be one of the top clubs in the country?"

Also, how long have we had "this board?"  Shepherd and the invisible man are the only two that have been on the board for a while and he has nothing to do with the running of the club, he's never here, don't try to credit "this board" with past success.  You use "this board" as a smoke screen for Shepherd, Shepherd came out a week ago and complained that HE'S been unable to run the club since the takeover talks started, does this not imply that HE runs the club, therefore when mistakes are made they are HIS mistakes.

Do you then believe that Shepherd should be unblamed for as long as we reamain in the top flight?

Although it is a blessing to have had top flight football year-in, year-out for the past 15 years, I don't want to see the club rest on its laurels, I want it to see it constantly try to improve itself. Everything seems a bit complacent right now, and complacency brings decline, and that is a worry for me.

My criticism of Shepherd is not with the purpose of necessarily ousting him. You need people to point out his faults, otherwise he could get really complacent. Ideally, until the day a billionaire Geordie comes along, I am happy just pointing out that Shepherd has done this and that wrong, in the hope that Shepherd can acknowledge these faults and try to improve on his own performance.

I don;t know how many times this has to be said. Nobody says the board/Shepherd/Dogless etc haven't made mistakes.

But - clubs with shite boards don't qualify for europe and buy players to the extent and qualify that we have done. Fact. I have pointed out numerous clubs that we have overtaken, and did better than, during the last decade. These are the clubs that have been run by shite boards, and the reason we have overtaken them is because we have a better one. There are only 4 clubs that have done better than us over this period. Fact.

We have little or no money because the club is recovering from a bad manager, the appointment of whom I am personally the last to defend - who many people on here supported and said he should be financially backed at the time.

There are currently no bodies of people out there interested in taking over the club who could guarantee doing better either, if there is, where are they ? as many people appear to think we will wave a magic wand and find these people. I don't know what the other big clubs doing worse than we are would do about it mind as they are no doubt looking for similar people themselves, because it isn't going to increase the amount of trophies and european places available to the teams who are successful enough to reach these positions.

Where did he say we "have a divine right to be one of the top clubs in the country?"

Also, how long have we had "this board?"  Shepherd and the invisible man are the only two that have been on the board for a while and he has nothing to do with the running of the club, he's never here, don't try to credit "this board" with past success.  You use "this board" as a smoke screen for Shepherd, Shepherd came out a week ago and complained that HE'S been unable to run the club since the takeover talks started, does this not imply that HE runs the club, therefore when mistakes are made they are HIS mistakes.

I see your brief period away from here hasn;t improved your ability to see the real world, shame for a long term supporter who has witnessed a real shite board.

I see your brief period away from here hasn;t improved your ability to see the real world, shame for a long term supporter who has witnessed a real shite board.

By brief period away, do you mean when the forum was down?

Anyway, I'm witnissing a shite board now, the fact that we've had shite boards in the past doesn't make this one any better, it still means they're shite.

Aye, and I also believe there are a number of issues where the Board has gone wrong and made mistakes, bad mistakes, it just seems that on this forum unless you castigate the Board and FAT Fred with spit and bile, you're accused of holding the opinion the Board has never made any mistakes at all. It's totally false but I understand why some want to portray that of certain people.

BTW I don't see the complacency you refer to.