According To Journal.....French Striker On Loan

KaKa

Quote:

Roeder, still hopeful of adding another striker to his squad before next week's transfer deadline, is weighing up a loan move for an unnamed French forward. The United boss is also keen to sign a defender and this weekend will attempt a breakthrough.

Who would you like to see coming in that is either French or from the French league?

Let's keep this realistic please......

^-^

Trezeguet ain't going nowhere and neither is Govou who is infact not thee type pf striker we need either.

Aliadiere will not be leaving Arsenal due to Van Persies injury.

When did the rabble in suits ever get anything right?

It's blatently Cisse, actually no, it's blatently bollocks.

Roeder's closing in on target

Jan 27 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Newcastle United are edging slowly closer to signing the two players Glenn Roeder wants before the January transfer window closes at midnight on Wednesday.

Roeder told me today he was going to spend the weekend sitting and waiting for his mobile phone to ring in his bid to bring a central defender and a striker to St James' Park on loan.

It's not an ideal situation for the United boss, but he is managing to keep a brave face on the fact he has been unable to add to his buys of Obafemi Martins and Damien Duff.

Roeder knows he faces competition for the foreign striker he wants from clubs in both France and Spain, but he seemed fairly confident of pulling off the loan deal early next week when I spoke to him today.

And I understand that, as in the case of most of his targets, the two players would jump at the chance to come to St James' Park, and would probably be available to play for United in the rest of their UEFA Cup campaign.

But one player who will not be coming to Tyneside is Copenhagen's central defender Michael Gravgaard, who has been linked with a move to United across in Denmark.

The United fans I have spoken to agree with Roeder's insistence that he wants to bring in only quality players to St James' Park, but, nevertheless, they are disappointed that at least one player has not been bought in the January window at this moment in time.

Roeder said today: "When I look at the players who have been on the move in the current transfer window, I do not feel that we have missed out on anyone we may have wanted."

What would be the ultimate nightmare for Roeder and his chairman Freddy Shepherd, is if Aston Villa's two new signings, Ashley Young and John Carew, swing Wednesday's game at St James' Park the way of Martin O'Neill's side.

Both Young and Carew are expected to play, while Stilian Petrov, one of O'Neill's first signings, hopes to have recovered from injury to return.

Wednesday's match will be refereed by Howard Webb, who failed to spot two Bolton fouls which led to their two goals when they beat United on Boxing Day.

Probably Daniel Morieira from Rennes:

http://www.eurosport.com/football/ligue-1/2006-2007/sport_sto1056009.shtml

if its him.so its very poor choice,he is even not a natrual striker

Moreira is nothig more then what we already have...

I prefer to play Luque instead of this guy FFS

We paid tons of money for Luque and Roeder prefer to play Pattison and O'Brien instead of him :idiot2: :idiot2:

Guest Geordiesned

This dude is top of the wanted list (you heard it here first  ;))

http://soccernet-att.espn.go.com/design05/mediaUS/20060324/w_onyewu_205.jpg

Would love it to be Piquionne. The time I was there for 5 months, he was played as a lone-striker, they had Sable & Zokora sitting in midfield (for me, Sable was always the stronger of the two), with two wide strikers a la Bolton (Feindouno one, I think the other one was Hellebuyck). But once the ball arrived at Piquigol, the ball stuck. Scored about 10 goals in the 2004-5 season, which for a striker thrown up front on his own in a side who'd just been promoted, and in a league where you don't really see many 15-20 goal a season players, is a good return. Think he'd be perfect for Martins.