Argy Bargy

sempuki

If we can't afford him, we can't afford him. Gone are the days sadly when we could pay good money for players.

it was only few months ago that we paid 10m for Martins!

I think that £10m had been earmarked for quite some time though as for buying a new striker when Shearer went.

Guest justin99.

There must be a reason why he's on the outer at deportivo.

For season 06/07 he's only played 19 games all up including world cup, qualifying and friendlies.

Time        Team                          MP    Min      G PS YC RC

2002      Atlético Madrid            27    2430    0  0  8  0

2003      Villarreal                      31    2351    1  0  7  1

2004      Deportivo La Coruña  15    1309    1  0  3  1

2005      Deportivo La Coruña  26    2124    0  0  5  2

2006      Deportivo La Coruña  13    1034    0  0  3  0

Deportivo only paid 1.5million for him so we are essentially offering their money back to them, which I think is fair enough as he isn't in their first team picture anymore due to differences with their coach.

Seeing as the Luque deal was such a disaster and we haggled with Depor to the death over it, I can imagine Freddy being even more difficult with this.

I think this deal should still have a chance as it is very similar to what happened with the Luque deal and fortunately for us it doesn't seem as though we have too much competition.

We will just have to wait and see.....

Not Duff. Who do we have at left back and centre back now HTL?

If we had any sort of depth in the other positions, the likes of Milner and Dyer could comfortably fill in on the left wing whilst Zog is injured.

Because we lack strikers and defenders and havent replaced Jenas, Dyer is having to play up front or centre mid and Nobby is having to play at right back, meaning Milner has to play right wing.

Its funny how Duff was supposedly a necessary signing because right now we have noone to play on the left. The reason we have noone to play on the left is because we have noone to play in several other positions, and all those who can play on the left are having to fill in elsewhere.

For 2.5 mill, it would be hard to go wrong. Like Amdy Faye, even if he flops, wed most likely make most of that back.

Far from an ideal partner for Taylor though. Means Taylor will be our leader at the back and we're not looking to sign one.

You said we didn't need Duff and I'm asking you why that is since the only other player for the left midfield is Zog.

If Duff wasn't injured he'd be playing, do you agree?

Do you think we should have cover across the team, or just one player for every position?

Do you think we should have cover across the team, or just one player for every position?

Of course we should have cover, however I'd prefer us to have quality in our starting 11 positions rather than good back up in one and nobody of any quality at all in another.

Don't you agree?

If we can't afford him, we can't afford him. Gone are the days sadly when we could pay good money for players.

it was only few months ago that we paid 10m for Martins!

I think that £10m had been earmarked for quite some time though as for buying a new striker when Shearer went.

No, the £17 million we spent on Owen was the money earmarked to replace Shearer.

Exactly, ok we only have one good natural left winger but on the other hand we dont have any good natural left backs. We have one good centre back but he can also be a liability. We have one ageing player who played most of his career as a right winger at right back (although he is doing well). Cover across the team would be great but as Baggio said we need to have quality in the first 11 THEN think about squad players!!

I think Roeder intention was Bernard to be our back up LB and Babayaro to be in the first 11.But both of them are injury prone so...

I think Coloccini is good defender and is way better than what we have right now and for that sort of money i hope we sign him :thup:

Couple of million quid plus Luque would be good business IMO....assuming the story is true

So your valuation of Luque is 700k?

At the moment Luque has a negative value for this club.

He costs us money and offers nothing in return.

We'd be better off releasing him for free if he'd let us without compensation.

I want the club to get money for him, i'm unhappy we cant even get him out on loan and a club will pay his entire wages, but tbh, its getting to a stage now where we need to get him away from this club by any means necessary.

If we had any sort of depth in the other positions, the likes of Milner and Dyer could comfortably fill in on the left wing whilst Zog is injured.

Because we lack strikers and defenders and havent replaced Jenas, Dyer is having to play up front or centre mid and Nobby is having to play at right back, meaning Milner has to play right wing.

Its funny how Duff was supposedly a necessary signing because right now we have noone to play on the left. The reason we have noone to play on the left is because we have noone to play in several other positions, and all those who can play on the left are having to fill in elsewhere.

:rolleyes:

Dyer and Milner aren't good enough for the left. You can't just throw someone at a position and say 'hey presto', we've filled that gap on the left.

Having just one player (Zog) capable of performing to the required standard on the left is not enough, Duff at the price is a player who can play LM and also LB, he's a proven PL player and is a good signing. Had he not unfortunately been injured as well he'd be playing every game, fully justifying the signing.

:rolleyes:

Dyer and Milner aren't good enough for the left. You can't just throw someone at a position and say 'hey presto', we've filled that gap on the left.

Having just one player (Zog) capable of performing to the required standard on the left is not enough, Duff at the price is a player who can play LM and also LB, he's a proven PL player and is a good signing. Had he not unfortunately been injured as well he'd be playing every game, fully justifying the signing.

So Duff can play left back but Milner and Dyer arent good enough for left wing, you are so full of shit HTL its unreal :lol:

I honestly can't believe what I read from you at times, in your first paragraph you say you just can't throw a player in a position and "hey presto" its filled then you contradict yourself in the second saying we can do that with Duff!

Fact is we have ZERO players who are capable of performing to the required standard at left back so surely that would be a priority over left wing when we have at least one? (although Milner is more than capable down the left wing but lets ignore that for a second). Also we have one player capable of doing a job in the centre of defence when we need at least 2.

Aye left wing was definitely where we needed to get another player in.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  :idiot2:

Of course we should have cover, however I'd prefer us to have quality in our starting 11 positions rather than good back up in one and nobody of any quality at all in another.

Don't you agree?

You can only sign players who are available and Duff was available.

I wanted the club to sign at least one more quality striker with even another striker as further backup, but it didn't happen for whatever reason. The fact we need strikers doesn't make Duff a shite signing.

Exactly, ok we only have one good natural left winger but on the other hand we dont have any good natural left backs. We have one good centre back but he can also be a liability. We have one ageing player who played most of his career as a right winger at right back (although he is doing well). Cover across the team would be great but as Baggio said we need to have quality in the first 11 THEN think about squad players!!

Do you understand the concept of availability? Yes, we need to strengthen in other areas as I've just said in my previous post, but Duff became available at a decent price and is a proven qualiity PL player.