Gudjohnsen

Dragon55544

Hasnt settled in Spain and atm is struggling to make the bench. Etoo is back next month and Saviola is in fantastic form so there are rumours that Gudjohnson could be on his way in the Summer, So would people want him here or do you think we need a different type of player? He wont be sold in Jan but probably in the Summer.

He's well behind El Conejo as second choice striker now.  He's banging them in for fun at the minute.  (Has scored another one tonight)

I wouldn't want Gudjohnsen here next season, though.  Owen and Oba are much better.

Yea Saviola has been outstanding over the past month but when Messi and Etoo are back i can see Gudjohnsen losing his place on the bench, I'd have Gudjohnsen here but for no more than £5m. I think we lack creative players and Gudjohnsen is very creative and is good in the link up play.

Guest Knightrider

Too one paced for that slick Barcelona team. Top player though and any chance of signing him should interest us but I doubt we'd have the funds and he'll be on a big wage you imagine.

I would certainly take him, different type of player to Oba and Owen and imo is the sort of player who would work really well with either of those.

agreed, holds the ball up well, sets up goals and scores them, can work well as an attacking midfielder that we lack aswell.

Guest Knightrider

BTW great partner for Owen, but not sure about Martins, although he could be used as a deeper lying playmaker which Martins would most certainly benefit from, as would the rest.

I would certainly take him, different type of player to Oba and Owen and imo is the sort of player who would work really well with either of those.

That what i see as well, Gudjohnsen is a totally different player to anything we have, How many times over the past few months have we needed a player of his type who can create a piece of magic when its needed.

TBH i think we need to start thinking about life without Owen, IMO as soon as he is fit we need to cut our losses and sell him on, Use the money to buy a replacement who has his career in front of him and a player who we can rely on. As good as Owen is we'll never be able to reply on him because he'll always be prone to an injury.

He's technically good, but won't get you that many goals.

Disagree, If he is given a run of games im certain he'll get 12+ goals a season and on top of that he'll create a hell of a lot more.

I wouldn't want Gudjohnsen here next season, though.  Owen and Oba are much better.

You're happy for Ameobi and Sibierski to be playing 20+ games, then?

No, and they won't get 20+ games if Owen and Martins remain fit. 

Also, if Gudjohnsen does become unhappy about being a bit part player at the worlds best club, do you really think he'll come to Newcastle to be a bit part player..

Who would want to buy Owen though? I think he has only few years left at the very top.

I think we'd find a buyer pretty quick because after all Owen is world class but the biggest stumbling block would be his wages.

I don't think money means that much to Owen, if a big club with ambition come in for him he'll be off.

Hasnt settled in Spain and atm is struggling to make the bench. Etoo is back next month and Saviola is in fantastic form so there are rumours that Gudjohnson could be on his way in the Summer, So would people want him here or do you think we need a different type of player? He wont be sold in Jan but probably in the Summer.

I don't think Saviola has signed a new deal with Barcelona yet (could be wrong like)

If his demands don't drop it'll be him who leaves in the summer.

You're happy for Ameobi and Sibierski to be playing 20+ games, then?

No, and they won't get 20+ games if Owen and Martins remain fit. 

Also, if Gudjohnsen does become unhappy about being a bit part player at the worlds best club, do you really think he'll come to Newcastle to be a bit part player..

Owen wont play 20+ games and tbh if Gudjohnsen was here he'd probably get in the side before Martins. Im not slating Martins or anything because he is a great prospect and has done very well since his move.

I don't think Saviola has signed a new deal with Barcelona yet (could be wrong like)

It wasnt him who didnt wanna sign? I thought Barca wasnt gonna offer him a new deal but after his good attitude and good form im sure i heard or read that Barca wanna keep him now.

What demands would that be?  He wants an extention and isn't asking for big money.