Will Oguchi Gooch Onyewu be a hit?

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Summer is far too late for me regarding the LB situation, just goes to show how much of a joke our club is.

I know, I only mentioned summer because it looks like we aren't going to get anyone in this window. We should have moved heaven and earth to get a decent LB. I was impressed by Warnock in the cup, he's only 25 as well (I think).

I think if we have had some contact with Chelsea about Bridge, and we get him in the summer, I'll be prepared to forgive Glenn and Freddy then.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Well first of all i dont know if this is true but the clubs that have been mentioned who are interested in him are pretty high class clubs:Chelsea,Inter,Marseille...so that means that he is something special

Personally i hope that he will be class here and considering what kind of defenders we have in the squad i think that this is a big improvement :thup:

But those clubs you mentioned didn't think he was good enough to go and sign him did they ?

Summer is far too late for me regarding the LB situation, just goes to show how much of a joke our club is.

I know, I only mentioned summer because it looks like we aren't going to get anyone in this window. We should have moved heaven and earth to get a decent LB. I was impressed by Warnock in the cup, he's only 25 as well (I think).

I think if we have had some contact with Chelsea about Bridge, and we get him in the summer, I'll be prepared to forgive Glenn and Freddy then.

Warnock is shit, He's ramage with a left foot, i'd rather wait until the summer (and i've been saying priority is a LB for the last 6 months) to get one who we wont have to replace within a year.

Was hoping Chelsea would go for Bale, freeing up Bridge, but it didn't happen.

Well first of all i dont know if this is true but the clubs that have been mentioned who are interested in him are pretty high class clubs:Chelsea,Inter,Marseille...so that means that he is something special

Personally i hope that he will be class here and considering what kind of defenders we have in the squad i think that this is a big improvement :thup:

But those clubs you mentioned didn't think he was good enough to go and sign him did they ?

They didn't take the chance, but for many players that happens, doesn't mean they wern't good enough for that specific club, there are many factors why they dont move, many not to do with the ability of the player.

However for the French striker, I have absolutely no confidence.

Have you just galnced at his goalscoring record?

I was chatting to a few French footy fans about his and they rate pretty highly and say he would be suited to the premiership. He is canny phsyical and has teriffic nack for setting up goals rather then scoring them.

Babels a non starter and out of whats avaliable, Piq looks like a good move for us.

I'm undecided. Hopefully he will be a major hit, failing that at least bolster our backline a little, but I can't stop thinking he'll be yet another duff Newcastle United signing.  (no pun) :(

I know nothing about the boy, he looks big (which means little) and I can never really trust these American supporter viewpoints 100% .  No offence intended at all, but basing my opinion on other clubs signing players from America and the way their American supporters hyped them up to be complete world beaters, then falling by the wayside, it just makes me think a lot of this judgement is overly optimistic or based on a lower standard of football.

I think he'll be massive.

you mean he's going to get BIGGER!? :o

i want him to do well at NUFC for these 12-13 games and earn his permanent deal.  i believe he will, but as someone has noted we yanks are a bit too emotional in our assessments (not you though, calimag  :coolsmiley:)  we hope things and then try to make them true by saying them out loud, or in this case typing & posting. 

one thing i really think we'll see less of from gooch is the horribly mistimed air-kicks that have too often embarrassed our defense in the past.  gooch can focus!          agree with the post about him getting whistled for a lot of fouls just because of his size.  watch for many opponents to put on their speedos, wetsuits and snorkels in an attempt to get a free-kick.

Guest TampaToon

Regardless of the games Roeder and Pearson should be able to judge by seeing him in training every day.

Looking forward to seeing him play to be honest, just hope he has as much brains as he has muscle.

yeah, the standout performances in games might not come right away, and just like martins and luque, the manager is going to stand by him or let him walk based on what he shows in training.  if he's sub-ramage this year but roeder sees rio ferdinand potential, you'd better believe he'll stick around.

Guest Stephen927

Can't say I've seen a lot of this player except the 3 games in the World Cup for the USA.

I wish him luck for his stay here and hopefully he will do well for us.

Guest SmileyCulture

you think he really talks to Gooch? i've had a very late night but that article cries "gay stalker wanting the best for his pretend boyfriend" meh.. were in a slump for a couple of years and all of a sudden were not good enough for someone thats only proven in a belgian league?

Mind, have to say - wish I had the height and build of the lad - my wife agrees !

But then, we were impressed by the stature of Titus Bramble, werent we ?

I hope he is.

I'm about 65% certain he will be. I'm sure he can make the step up, and i get the feeling he can cope with the mental pressure of being a NUFC central defender, thats really the key, and where he'll shine or fail.

But the media are already trying to paint a poor picture of him.

In the stands last night he was, and what clip do they show? The one where he's txting, ask daft questions like 'is he asleep' no, he's txting someone 'why have i come here?'

Fuking arsholes.

:tickedoff: