Butt's Injury?

GeordieDazzler

Nicky's Doubt-Ful

By Paul Tully

NEWCASTLE United midfield star Nicky Butt is doubtful for Saturday's Premiership clash with Fulham at Craven Cottage after bruising a kneecap in the 3-1 victory over Aston Villa.

Butt had to limp off after 32 minutes and Antoine Sibierski came on with Kieron Dyer dropping back into midfield.

And United manager Glenn Roeder revealed: "Nicky took a bad blow and is struggling to walk tonight.

"It's like a severe bruise on his kneecap, but we are hoping that the pain will come out of the kneecap in the next few days.

"He must be a doubt for Fulham, but if he can be at Craven Cottage he will be. He's been very important for us and if he can play he will play."

Aye, we need him fit more than ever now that we're an extra striker down and Emre/N'Zogbia are showing no signs of returning soon. Not to mention Nobby being "transformed" into a defender due to injuries/the ineptitude of the Irish goblin.

I must say though in my opinion Parker was pretty damn poor last night. His passing was awful and he was simply flying into sliding tackles for no reason half the time giving away needless free kicks. I know the fans like seeing a player kicked up a height and we all cheer him when he does it but we needed a leader out there telling the defence that they should be shouting at each other when to push out, and Parker needed to control the midfield more. He was over run by Barry the whole match, who I must say had a very good game.

I must say though in my opinion Parker was pretty damn poor last night. His passing was awful and he was simply flying into sliding tackles for no reason half the time giving away needless free kicks. I know the fans like seeing a player kicked up a height and we all cheer him when he does it but we needed a leader out there telling the defence that they should be shouting at each other when to push out, and Parker needed to control the midfield more. He was over run by Barry the whole match, who I must say had a very good game.

Which is what I've been saying since he joined the club. Get your tin hat on is my advice.

BTW Barry is a very good player, I'd like to see him playing for us tbh.

OMG!! Did you not see his, like, AMAZING shot that cracked the crossbar into like, 100 bits?

Guest TampaToon

Emre is turning into another injury prone

iirc, he's made more apperances this season than anybody but milner - not saying much, but there's plenty of people on the team who deserve that title before he does.

Which is what I've been saying since he joined the club. Get your tin hat on is my advice.

BTW Barry is a very good player, I'd like to see him playing for us tbh.

Barry was mint last night, he seemed to have endless amounts of time when he was in possession and was all over the pitch, generally involving himself in everything good that Villa did. We missed a trick not going for him when Villa were in the mire, IMO. Always been a fan.

iirc, he's made more apperances this season than anybody but milner - not saying much, but there's plenty of people on the team who deserve that title before he does.

No, thats not right.

I don't think Emre is injury prone, i just don't think he's particularly committed.

No, thats not right.

I don't think Emre is injury prone, i just don't think he's particularly committed.

I think the opposite, funnily enough:

Only played 22 games last season in all comps, according to NUFC.com. Babayaro played 33.

He's made 28 appearances so far this season, level with Parker, Ramage and Taylor in second. Milner has 33 already. So Tampa is right.

He played in a total 27 club games in 03/04 and 25 games in 04/05 (both sub & starter), although at Inter he wasn't an automatic choice.

I do think he gets injured fairly frequently, but his commitment (especially this season) is hard to fault.

Would would have thought at the beggining of the season we would be desperate for Butt to be fit and desperate for parker to be injured.

Crazy!

I only want Butt fit because I don't want Dyer in CM, or Sibierski up front.