Howard Tim

Johnson, Eddie

Mapp, Justin

Mastroeni, Pablo

Namoff, Bryan

Robinson, Eddie

Rolfe, Chris

Twellman, Taylor

no Todd Dunivant? thats bullshit, best LB in the league.  also Rico Clark is one who i think could do well in the premiership, should keep an eye out for him. technical and tough defensive midfielder.

Guest Geordie_Paul

Some of those names are just SOO American :)

Hmm I wonder why that is eh? Lol

EDIT: Crap someone beat me to it :razz: ^^^

I cant see Brian McBride too

This is probably some experimental squad without the most important players

from toontastic:

Four players in the squad who are not in the domestic league. I'm surprised to see Dempsey in there considering that he very recently went to Fulham, but no real surprise.

News over here is that Gooch was not included because he's settling in at Newcastle. Similar story for a lot of Euro-based players (Wolff, Beasely etc) which is why Dempsey is such a surprise.

Guest SeattleToon

McBride and Reyna have both retired from the US National Team after last summer's World Cup disaster.

The US has always been very good about working with club managers in Europe to not call up players unneccessarily. Given that our only matches between now and the end of May are friendlies, and that Gooch is already penciled in as a first choice center back, I doubt he will be called up for any matches during the EPL season.

He'll be in the squad for either the Gold Cup or Copa America during the summer, but will probably get one of the two tournaments off since he was in the World Cup squad last year and hasn't had a full summer off since 2005.

Should we sign him long-term, you can except that he would not be called up until the 1st group stage of CONCACAF World Cup qualifying begins in the fall of 2008.

from toontastic:

Four players in the squad who are not in the domestic league. I'm surprised to see Dempsey in there considering that he very recently went to Fulham, but no real surprise.

News over here is that Gooch was not included because he's settling in at Newcastle. Similar story for a lot of Euro-based players (Wolff, Beasely etc) which is why Dempsey is such a surprise.

Both Bocanegra and Dempsey are going.

from toontastic:

Both Bocanegra and Dempsey are going.

Bocanegra always does. look above for the Dempsey one

Some of those names are just SOO American :)

always laugh at names like Taylor Twellman and Clint Dempsey  ;D

Glad someone else could see where I was coming from  :thup:

Its like English players being called Walter Smith-Charles etc...