James Milner most in form and productive English winger this season?

Gallowgate End

James Milner has 4 assists and 2 goals in his last 3 games

and now has 8 assists and 4 goals this season for Newcastle United

so it begs the question is he England's most productive and in form Right Winger this season?

for me he is

this is the promising youngster Sir Bobby Robson brought in to replace Nobby Solano for Right Wing and hasn't he just gone on and done that

yes he is under 21 but so is Aaron Lennon yet this season James Milner(8 assists and 4 goals) has been more productive then Aaron Lennon (goals 3 assists 5) and more productive then any other English Right Winger this season and also not forgetting he got 9 assists in total for Aston Villa last season compared to Aaron Lennon 3 assists so why oh why is Aaron Lennon in the England squad ahead of the more productive James Milner?

is Pace more important then Productivity i ask?

one thing is for sure is England in both James Milner and Aaron Lennon have two very special talents to go on and replace Beckham for Right Wing and we are very lucky to have one of them

Lennon is a very "flash" player, and so gets noticed more, especially by the London media. The boy has potential but is very overhyped, he's very fast and has very good ball control, but he is lacking a football brain, is poor at crossing, and struggles with simple passes. I wouldn't swap Milner for him. O0

Lennon is a very "flash" player, and so gets noticed more, especially by the London media. The boy has potential but is very overhyped, he's very fast and has very good ball control, but he is lacking a football brain, is poor at crossing, and struggles with simple passes. I wouldn't swap Milner for him. O0

I would  :laugh:

Lennon seems like a bit of a cock to me, i've heard stories about him just blanking fans asking for autograpghs, then there's this.....

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9862/f102huddandlennonep8.jpg

Guest TampaToon

one plays in london the other doesn't, i'm sure that has alot to do with it...thankfully, he's got plenty of time to overtake lennon or at least get on the squad and prove himself from there, prehaps in time to represent england in euro 2008....in the meantime, he's getting good exposure as a more important part of the U21 squad....

given that the fullback play is far better in the england side than at newcastle, i think he's capable of being a very dangerous offensive player for england...

Lennon seems like a bit of a cock to me, i've heard stories about him just blanking fans asking for autograpghs, then there's this.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What the fuck is Huddlestone wearing?! His fucking pyjamas?

Lennon is a good little player but something about Milner reminds me of old skool english wingers. I think its his knobbely knees. Out of the two Lennon gets the plaudits because he lives in cockney land, however Milner is more productive, the proofs in the pudding. As well as this Milner is ambidextorous and he can also use both feet.

The only other english winger that deserves a mention is Bentley who is also having a fine campaign.

Touched on this in another thread but thanks for putting the actual figures up.

8 assists and 4 goals isnt bad so far for a "shit winger" really. Wouldn't suprise me if he was Englands most productive winger this season, left or right.

Lennon gets the nod for England because he plays for a London club, simple.

See also: reasons why it took Gareth Barry so long to get a shout - playing outside the capital, not for Man U or Liverpool and not for Boro.

The reason Milner looks like an old fashioned winger is because he wears his shirt baggy and not tucked in and has a haircut and face combo that looks like something out of a 1940s comic.

Guest Knightrider

Milner is the better player at the moment, Lennon is all pace and not a lot else, where as Milner is the exact direct opposite. I've been very impressed by Milner this season. At the start of the season I wasn't bothered whether he stayed or went, now I'm very pleased he is here and performing.

Fuck is Milner doing in the left I ask?

Milner is the better player at the moment, Lennon is all pace and not a lot else, where as Milner is the exact direct opposite. I've been very impressed by Milner this season. At the start of the season I wasn't bothered whether he stayed or went, now I'm very pleased he is here and performing.

Completely agree. He has won me round, I thought he pretty much exhausted his time at Newcastle. But I'm gladly wrong on that one.

Anyways same old same old with England, when your in the team and have a decent match, you won't be out of the squad for a while.

The thing i hate about England is the stupid "pecking order" system that all managers seem to use. The England managers ignore the players current form in favour of the players they like. Gareth Barry has been playing very well for about a year now and he has only just managed to get an england manager to notice. A perfect example would be Jenas. He is a good player but what has he done in the last 3/4 months. Absolutely nothing, yet he is still an automatic selction choice. Utterly stupid and weak management if you ask me.

The thing i hate about England is the stupid "pecking order" system that all managers seem to use. The England managers ignore the players current form in favour of the players they like. Gareth Barry has been playing very well for about a year now and he has only just managed to get an england manager to notice. A perfect example would be Jenas. He is a good player but what has he done in the last 3/4 months. Absolutely nothing, yet he is still an automatic selction choice. Utterly stupid and weak management if you ask me.

Barry has deserved a call up on dozens of occasions, to be overlooked for players like Downing or Jenas. It is piss boiling stuff.

Thank you Gejon. Was waiting until someone mentioned Nolan. Hes been consistantly fantastic and is perfect for internationals too. I would put money on Barton or Nolan being more succesful than frank lampard has been recently.

What does Nolan need to do to get a place?

Also as someone pointed out Lescott is a better defender than Dawson but was overlooked!

There is no point in picking a player who you don't believe is good enough, even if they are in excellent form.

McClaren obviously doesn't think Nolan is up to it at the top level.

the england midfield is very 1 paced at the moment.I like milner,but the pace of lennon would benefit england more.You just have to look at those cameo apparances by lennon during the world cup.Pace is very important at this level.