England U21 vs Spain U21

Delima

lita is a lazy fucker barely moves!

He barely moves? I thought he is one of the best player in the second half. Showed some good movements and good positioning.

I think he will at the very least achieve as much as Darren Bent.

Kevin Doyle, Leloy Lita, David Kitson, Stephen Hunt

Bobby Convey, James Harper, Steve Sidwell

Nicky Shorey, Alan Bennett, Greg Halford

Steve Coppell

Reading is going to be a force to be reckoned for quite a while.

Yeah right.

If they don't qualify for Europe, they'll do a Wigan - simple as. Two or three of their best performers will probably go - Sidwell/Doyle/maybe even Lita, and the others you mentioned are hardly anything special - at all. They're mid-table fodder at the bery best, just enjoying a honeymoon spell in their first season in the Premiership.

They'll go EXACTLY the same way as all the others. The Ipswichs, the Sunderlands, the West Hams the Wigans. They've got absolutely nowt different about them or anything that stands out to suggests otherwise.

They'll do nowt in the summer, let one or two of their 'really' good players go and fail to replace them because the good players simply won't want to go somewhere like that. Finish 15th-relegation zone next season and be out of the Premiership within the next four/five years.

It's a nice thought but it just ain't gonna happen.

IMO.

Yeah right.

If they don't qualify for Europe, they'll do a Wigan - simple as. Two or three of their best performers will probably go - Sidwell/Doyle/maybe even Lita, and the others you mentioned are hardly anything special - at all. They're mid-table fodder at the bery best, just enjoying a honeymoon spell in their first season in the Premiership.

They'll go EXACTLY the same way as all the others. The Ipswichs, the Sunderlands, the West Hams the Wigans. They've got absolutely nowt different about them or anything that stands out to suggests otherwise.

They'll do nowt in the summer, let one or two of their 'really' good players go and fail to replace them because the good players simply won't want to go somewhere like that. Finish 15th-relegation zone next season and be out of the Premiership within the next four/five years.

IMO.

How humble you are, starting a post with a sniding yeah right and then ending it with a IMO !!?

Just because you hardly heard of other less special Reading players does not mean that they would be poor by default.

Steve Coppell is quietly improving his squad slowly, and doing so spending next to nothing.

They now have Ibrahima Sonko and Ívar Ingimarsson as their main central defenders. This is a decent okayish partnership. But in this January alone Coppell signed Alan Bennett (25), Greg Halford (22) and Michael Duberry (31), all best central defenders for their previous clubs Cork City, Colchester United and Stoke City. And they still have Andre Bikey (22) who has been solid in the past 2 games for Reading. This summer Coppell should continue his pursue of Leon Bennet, the Luton Town chief defender.

Why do you necessarily assume that their best performers will go? Did West Ham lose any major player? Wigan lost Jimmy Bullard, anyone else? Wigan current blue has a lot more to do with other players failing to perform rather than losing Jimmy Bullard. Apart from Steve Sidwell, have you heard of any news on any other contract rebel?

Why do you assume that Reading will do nothing in the summer? Did you think that they are quiet this January before I mention the new players? West Ham was very active in the summer transfer window last year, and winter January transfer window this year. But how are they doing?

And "be out of the Premiership within the next four/five years", is hardly comparable to the Ipswichs and the Sunderlands?

PS when i said "a force to be reckoned", a midtable club is a force to be reckoned to me. "Quite a while" means quite a few years, the time span of the peak of a player. West Ham were very much a force to be reckoned with during the spell under Harry Redknapp and Glenn Roeder.

Guest kingdawson

Yeah right.

IMO.

How humble you are, starting a post with a sniding yeah right and then ending it with a IMO !!?

Just because you hardly heard of other less special Reading players does not mean that they would be poor by default.

Steve Coppell is quietly improving his squad slowly, and doing so spending next to nothing.

They now have Ibrahima Sonko and Ívar Ingimarsson as their main central defenders. This is a decent okayish partnership. But in this January alone Coppell signed Alan Bennett (25), Greg Halford (22) and Michael Duberry (31), all best central defenders for their previous clubs Cork City, Colchester United and Stoke City. And they still have Andre Bikey (22) who has been solid in the past 2 games for Reading. This summer Coppell should continue his pursue of Leon Bennet, the Luton Town chief defender.

Why do you necessarily assume that their best performers will go? Did West Ham lose any major player? Wigan lost Jimmy Bullard, anyone else? Wigan current blue has a lot more to do with other players failing to perform rather than losing Jimmy Bullard. Apart from Steve Sidwell, have you heard of any news on any other contract rebel?

Why do you assume that Reading will do nothing in the summer? Did you think that they are quiet this January before I mention the new players? West Ham was very active in the summer transfer window last year, and winter January transfer window this year. But how are they doing?

And "be out of the Premiership within the next four/five years", is hardly comparable to the Ipswichs and the Sunderlands?

PS when i said "a force to be reckoned", a midtable club is a force to be reckoned to me. "Quite a while" means quite a few years, the time span of the peak of a player. West Ham were very much a force to be reckoned with during the spell under Harry Redknapp and Glenn Roeder.

Halford is a right back.

lita is a lazy fucker barely moves!

He barely moves? I thought he is one of the best player in the second half. Showed some good movements and good positioning.

I think he will at the very least achieve as much as Darren Bent.

Kevin Doyle, Leloy Lita, David Kitson, Stephen Hunt

Bobby Convey, James Harper, Steve Sidwell

Nicky Shorey, Alan Bennett, Greg Halford

Steve Coppell

Reading is going to be a force to be reckoned for quite a while.

Yeah right.

IMO.

Not saying I disagree with your overall assessment of Reading's likely near term future, but I don't think they're exactly like the others, I think they have more ambition than the boards of West Ham, Ipswich and Sunderland, so they have a chance to do better. Where they'll struggle is in sustaining their position for more than a couple of seasons, I don't think they have the fanbase.

By the way, it should ram home to some how important it is the have ambition. Sunderland are definitely different to those other clubs yet they're in your list, or should be given their supporter base that could be tapped into but isn't. That's because they have no ambition, or at least have had none for decades, perhaps that is changing.

Ambition is what makes the difference. A club needs a good manager but without ambition that is wasted and you will flounder.

Guest Ridzuan

Not a bad start for Pearce.I just wants to point out on the subtitutions of Milner and Taylor.I wonder if Glenn has secretly asked Nigel to subtitute them so that they have a lesser chance of getting injured.

Thanks for kind words on Reading.Back in the good old days when we were in the fourth division,getting crowds of 4000(on a good day) no-one could imagine 20,000 plus at every home game.So what if it all goes tits up at least we made it to the top flight and we are enjoying it.

Delima, i assume it because i've seen it SO many times before.

I don't think Reading will be a 'force to be reckoned with'.

And btw, Wigan also lost the likes of Roberts, Henchoz, Chimbonda, Kavanagh, etc aswell as Bullard.

Thanks for kind words on Reading.Back in the good old days when we were in the fourth division,getting crowds of 4000(on a good day) no-one could imagine 20,000 plus at every home game.So what if it all goes tits up at least we made it to the top flight and we are enjoying it.

Completely agree with you mate, and so you should.

Delimna said that you would be a 'forced to be reckoned with', or something along those lines, and i - personally - can't see that happening.

Guest Knightrider

Hoyte has impressed me a great deal, and I think if any team guaranteed him regular football Wenger wouldn't stand in his way, ala Bentley, Wright, Lauren, Jeffers and many others. Wenger is good like that, he wasn't even that bothered about losing Ashley Cole. Wenger has a great attitude where football is concerned, he'll fight tooth and nail to keep his indespensible players i.e. the Henrys et al but he is no Chris Coleman. Hoyte would be a cracking addition, very composed and an ever improving player. His loan spell at the mackems seems to have toughened him up. Him or Rosenior would do me for a new RB, and Hoyte would be the easier of the two to prize away.

Regarding the under-21s match last night I thought our own Taylor had a good game, as did Hoyte. The two that impressed me most however who we could perhaps look at in the near future were Reo-Coker and Nugent, especially NRC.

Curtis Davies.... if we pay good money for Davies in the summer we'd want shot. Wasn't impressed at all, although he showed good character. To spend silly money on a raw and inexperienced defender would be madness, regardless of how talented he is.

That Spanish number 17, the centre-forward looks a talent too, very un Spanish like performance from him, looks and plays more like a traditional British centre-forward.