Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest firetotheworks

"Stand up if you love the darts" :lol:

It's fucking autistic.

Bit shan considering most of the people there are probably disabled.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure they've been mentioned.  But:

"He's hit that too well."  That Scottish commentator said this about Gouffran's shot on Saturday, that went straight at Forster.  What does it even mean? :lol:  It gets said whenever anyone gets a clean connection and it doesn't go in?

"Well if it's not a penalty, he should be booked for diving."

One that is mainly used by lower league cloggers.  The type I play against, so my shitty level :lol:

"I'VE GOT THE BALL REF"

Usually after scything through someone from behind to get half a stud on the ball.  Or double footing someone at about waist height and hitting the ball during the challenge. 

The amount of romanticising currently going on about Cantona's kung fu kick.

A player for any other club and it would rightly be condemned and frowned at. Can't be upsetting the hoards of gloryhunters though, so it's now treated reverently as some sort of glorious/nostalgic moment of eccentricity and passion.

He tried to kick a fan in the head for fucks sake.

The amount of romanticising currently going on about Cantona's kung fu kick.

A player for any other club and it would rightly be condemned and frowned at. Can't be upsetting the hoards of gloryhunters though, so it's now treated reverently as some sort of glorious/nostalgic moment of eccentricity and passion.

He tried to kick a fan in the head for f***s sake.

There's videos going round of all his horrendous tackles as a collage, that people seem to think is brilliant and hilarious.  I don't get it?  He was a filthy cunt, that happened to be a great player.  So people seem to think his challenges are somehow funny?  It's similar to Paul Scholes "oh you naughty boy Mr.Scholes, hahaha, he never could time a tackle".  Usually after ploughing into someone that would have usually have commentators shouting for a red. 

Speaking of bad tackles.  I think I have probably mentioned this about 10 times on here.  But the "if you did that on the street, you'd get done for assault" line winds me up far more than it should.  The situation is never comparable.  When would you be double footing someone outside Ladbrokes or elbowing a Big Issue seller going for a header?  Such a pointless cliché, where the situations are never comparable.  I think when acts of violence, bad tackles etc happen on the field of play in a competitive, contact sport.  There should be more leniency to a degree anyway.  I'm not sure, but from a legal point of view.  I'm assuming there is?

If he'd got the ban he should have, ie at least a year, we'd have had different champions 95-96 season.

Fucking ridiculous how many 1-0 wins they seemed to get due to Cantona and Schmeichel.