Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

:lol:

The only time I find it annoying is when there's a headline like "Livepool overcome City in thriller" or whatever, and I think I've missed an important match. Then I click on it and it's women's.

In general I think women's football is decent though.

:lol:

The only time I find it annoying is when there's a headline like "Livepool overcome City in thriller" or whatever, and I think I've missed an important match. Then I click on it and it's women's.

In general I think women's football is decent though.

Come on man it's objectively terrible. Certainly don't have a problem with it but I can never sit through a game.

I honestly don't mind it, the top players are a technically better than quite a lot of male players up to a certain level. It's obviously slower, but it's better than (for example) League One where they just hoof it.

That said I've only really watched internationals and maybe a couple of super league games.

Guest firetotheworks

I think that the thing that people seems to missing is that it's not in any way a question of gender, it's entirely a question of quality.

I honestly don't mind it, the top players are a technically better than quite a lot of male players up to a certain level. It's obviously slower, but it's better than (for example) League One where they just hoof it.

That said I've only really watched internationals and maybe a couple of super league games.

you can't argue that the goalkeepers aren't unreasonably shit though. It's like they haven't got round to coaching that part of the game yet but they'll do it in a bit.

I think that the thing that people seems to missing is that it's not in any way a question of gender, it's entirely a question of quality.

You just need to produce better women.  :coolsmiley:

What, like your keeper taking pictures of her gaping arsehole? :lol:

:okay:

:megusta:

:lol: man, we have been so shit at throw-ins for decades. I am in the perfect thread for this. If we get one it'll be to a guy who isn't expecting it, and it'll bobble off his shin to the opposition, who will attack. If they get one, it'll be to someone totally unmarked who will fire in a cross or attack directly. and we're undone. Every fucking time. I got sick of shouting at them in the end and found it easier to just bury my head in my hands. Twerps. Kinda wish somebody gave a shit tbh.

Ah, OK. Rode off on my hobby-horse there, sorry. If I have an opinion on foul throws, which I doubt, it is that players should learn how to take throws-in properly. Yes, I am sticking to "throws-in". I am likely to be adamant on this, but I should really get some kip before I start being a thorough arse. I presume it is some sensible hour where you are...

:( I think the word "sorry" will feature strongly in my Saturday. It can't be 10 to 7, surely? FFS.

The "can't be offside from a throw in" rule is not exploited anywhere near enough. Thinking of Shearer vs Everton - there's no reason that shouldn't happen more often than it does at the moment (i.e. never)

Danny Mills re the Shawcross decision:

"Nobody appealed for the penalty. If you give that one you are going to give five or six penalties a game. Every single player in the box has their hands on somebody."

Well then fucking give five or six penalties a game. And then they might stop the deliberate, cynical fouling. Someone always pipes up when these are given with the same bullshit excuse.