Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

You are more likely to hold onto something with your hands than your feet. Not sure how you can get wound up about that like.

Even when it's traveling at high speed in close proximity of your foot/knee?

Watch Everton's second against us in the 2-2 and see if you think Harper's decision was correct.

Well each game will bring its own merits in terms of decisions to be made; I'm not going to question the incident named above because you are probably right. In that instance. I'm just going along with the opinion that is held that as a goalkeeper its always better to get yourself in a position where you're most likely to stop a shot whilst retaining posession and not falling foul of the second ball. Kind of like when keepers do two hand punches when they could try to just hold it. That's like your example but in reverse.

Paul Elliott. The way he crowbars inappropriate "long" words and shit management speak into his ramblings makes me wince pretty much non-stop. Seems to impress some people like. Could call it The Crooks Effect. My fucking word, he even made Ray Wilkins sound sensible.

Problem with using your legs to block shots is it often goes straight back to where it came from or into a danger area. If you dive there's a chance of catching it or knocking it out to the side.

That said, in some situations a save with the feet can be a clearance too, which is obviously preferable to parrying the ball into the path of a striker to roll into your net.

Fans who are unable to tell whether the ball has gone in the net when it ripples the side of the net. Majority of the time it's pretty fucking obvious the ball physically can't hit that part of the net and have gone in. Sidoon.