Ballack "blasts" Shearer

Dinho lad

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=27955

Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack has hit out at Premiership legend Alan Shearer.

Ballack disappointed again in Saturday's narrow win at Charlton and his displays have brought scorn from former England captain Alan Shearer.

The TV pundit accused Ballack of just going through the motions and said after Chelsea's defeat of Blackburn: "He is playing like he has got a cigar on".

But last night Ballack maintained that he was finding his feet at Stamford Bridge and dismissed the criticism. "I don't care what people write or say about me," said Ballack.

"It doesn't bother me. Shearer can say what he wants, but that's life.

"Chelsea are double Champions and so expectations are high and the expectations grow, especially when you are slightly behind.

"You have to live with that, especially the new players in the team. But I feel well integrated within Chelsea and I am feeling really comfortable here. I have found my role within the team and get sufficient acknowledgement and support from the team, especially from Mourinho. We are talking a lot together."

:rolleyes:

Aye saw this today.

Shearer is doing a job, he's being honest, Ballack has been just above shite since coming to Chelsea, Shearer as a pundit has a right to have a go at him, Ballack needs to stop crying and start playing football.

But he'd rather have a whinge back, its Shearer's job now to do the talking, its still Ballacks job to play the football, Ballack needs reminding of this and i hope Shearer tells him next time he comments on Chelsea.

Aye saw this today.

Shearer is doing a job, he's being honest, Ballack has been just above shite since coming to Chelsea, Shearer as a pundit has a right to have a go at him, Ballack needs to stop crying and start playing football.

But he'd rather have a whinge back, its Shearer's job now to do the talking, its still Ballacks job to play the football, Ballack needs reminding of this and i hope Shearer tells him next time he comments on Chelsea.

Tbf, it was probably some stupid jurno that asked him what he thought about it. That's the thing with these quotes, the questions are never cited.

Aye saw this today.

Tbf, it was probably some stupid jurno that asked him what he thought about it. That's the thing with these quotes, the questions are never cited.

Probably, in fact nailed on, i just dont like him, think he stinks of arrogance.

Aye saw this today.

Probably, in fact nailed on, i just dont like him, think he stinks of arrogance.

Aye, don't disagree on that though

Guest Ridzuan

I like Ballack as a player but I think he has an attitude problem.Put both Ballack and Shearer in a boxing ring,and Im sure Big Al will knock him down.

In the end of the day, Shearer has won the Premiership and holds the record for the most Premier League goals. He is well in his right to criticise any player he likes, its not as if it is some small time player like Gavin Peacock who has been laying on the criticism.

Guest elbee909

I just wish Shearer would slightly lay off using phrases that Ron Atkinson probably has copyrighted. 

"He is playing like he has got a cigar on" - what? 

I do remember him saying that Arsenal "don't like it up 'em" in a post-match interview during his playing days which isn't quite so bad.  I just wonder though, how long before he starts using "he sold him the lollypop there", "easy oasy", "that was a scrambly goal" etc.

In the end of the day, Shearer has won the Premiership and holds the record for the most Premier League goals. He is well in his right to criticise any player he likes, its not as if it is some small time player like Gavin Peacock who has been laying on the criticism.

So when Gullitt, former Eurpean Player of the Year who has won numerous trophies including several Serie A titles and the CL twice, as well  the ECs, whilst winning two trophies as manager of Chelsea, criticises Shearer, Shearer is also in the right?

I just wish Shearer would slightly lay off using phrases that Ron Atkinson probably has copyrighted. 

I feel the same about Emre ;)

So when Gullitt, former Eurpean Player of the Year who has won numerous trophies including several Serie A titles and the CL twice, as well  the ECs, whilst winning two trophies as manager of Chelsea, criticises Shearer, Shearer is also in the right?

Exactly what i was going to say but everybody will be up in arms on here if a bad word is said about Al

Guest elbee909

I feel the same about Emre ;)

:lol:

Guest Gemmill

Aye saw this today.

...the new fragrance by Calvin Klein.

Guest Knightrider

It was Hansen who said "He is playing like he has got a cigar on" wasn't it? In fact from what I remember Shearer was highlighting how well he played and how good a player he was. Typical media reaction to nowt really. I've been impressed with Shearer's punditry, he calls most things right, doesn't show any bias and speaks his mind from time to time.

Guest Gemmill

I've never forgotten Venables and the boys pissing themselves in the studio once when we were playing Germany and someone said the Germans had defended like pansies when some bright spark pipes up with "defended like Panzers you mean".  I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it. :lol: