Bellamy on Saturday

Benwell Lad

I wouldn't mention n'zogbia as being deserving of a midfield slot at this time. He has as much chance of being a one season wonder as making it as a consistent premier league player based on his performances prior to his injury.

Which have been FAR better than Duff, the only genuine contender for that position.

hate glasses on there...duff and n'zogbia were equally as bad before charles injury.

"hate glasses"? Wind it in.

I thought Duff would be great (but not as needed as other players would have been had Roeder not been an arsehole) when he came. But he's been very poor overall.

The Zog was our best outfield player last season.

thought we were talking about this season before zog' injury ?

No,we weren't. We were talking about the chances of him being a one season wonder. His performances this season were not as good as his first, but still as good if not better when it comes to end results than some players who get their proverbial cocks sucked on here regularly.

no,this was the post

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Re: Bellamy on Saturday

« Reply #220 on: Today at 09:26:36 PM »

Reply with quoteQuote

Quote from: Sniffer on Today at 09:23:40 PM

I wouldn't mention n'zogbia as being deserving of a midfield slot at this time. He has as much chance of being a one season wonder as making it as a consistent premier league player based on his performances prior to his injury.

Which have been FAR better than Duff, the only genuine contender for that position.

claearly sniffer thinks,as i do,that n'zogbia has been as bad as duff this season,you don't like him,didn't want us to sign him and as such compare him unfavourably to n'zogbia.

this isn't a question of wether we were right to sign duff but a question of how the team has faired on the left hand side of midfield.

i notice its gone from "FAR" better to "as good if not better."

i say the have both been poor,milner playing best out of who we've used on the left.

Guest Sniffer

No, They haven't. N'Zogbia is still only a good prospect IMO and he has to show me a hell of a lot next season to justify anything other than a sub brought on to try to change things in the last 20 minutes. I don't know if it's an attitude problem this season or what but he's been poor overall.

no,this was the post

Reply with quoteQuote

claearly sniffer thinks,as i do,that n'zogbia has been as bad as duff this season,you don't like him,didn't want us to sign him and as such compare him unfavourably to n'zogbia.

this isn't a question of wether we were right to sign duff but a question of how the team has faired on the left hand side of midfield.

i say the have both been poor,milner playing best out of who we've used on the left.

No, you misunderstand. Again.

Teh Zog as a one seaon wonder was what i was referring to, and a response to the "before injury" comment - i was talking about not just this season.

Also, i was not talking about Duff when i said "as good if not better". But hey, don't let that stop you from jumping to half-assed conclusions to back up some pre-conceptions of people's opinions that you know fuck all about. Good lad.

no,this was the post

Reply with quoteQuote

No, you misunderstand. Again.

Teh Zog as a one seaon wonder was what i was referring to, and a response to the "before injury" comment - i was talking about not just this season.

Also, i was not talking about Duff when i said "as good if not better". But hey, don't let that stop you from jumping to half-assed conclusions to back up some pre-conceptions of people's opinions that you know f*** all about. Good lad.

so why say,and i quote "which have been far better than duff,the only genuine contender for the position" if you weren't meaning duff ?...or were you meaning someone who wasn't the only genuine contender. ?

don't worry kidda,try with your word play all you want,everyone who reads this knows what you mean

butt-emre could the the one from what we have,but parker showed what he can do on saturday,he has to do that regularly.

He was better on Saturday but he it still wasn't good enough because he still can't move the ball on quickly enough. I think Butt and Dyer is a good pairing too but Dyer is filling in quite well up front so I think anyone with any sense would go with Butt and Emre, so I agree with you.

Unless Owen completely breaks down again I can't see why he wouldn't be the same goalscorer tbh. He's not had that searing pace for a few years now and he's still scored goals, it's natural for him. He's kind of the opposite of Bellamy. ;)

Seriously though, it's his instincts and movement that do it for him now, lots of people always thought he was just about pace (and in his younger days he was lightning) but that's a long time ago now. As i've said before, I hope that Owen's movement creates space for Martins. If those two can get even a basic understanding going opposition defenders will be shitting themselves IMO.

I agree.

a lot depends on the supply.

True, so it'll hinge a lot on shifting Parker, especially if the team accomodates Owen, Martins, Dyer and Zog. They'll spend half the match being offside by the time he releases the ball.

I noticed in another thread where people are picking their best team that there are still loads of Parker/Emre partnership supporters. Amazing really.

Far from the best partnership, clearly.

Best central partnership is currently Parker and Dyer, but ideally, Parker and A N Other.

Don't agree at all, tbh.

hate glasses on there...duff and n'zogbia were equally as bad before charles injury.

Agree again.

"hate glasses"? Wind it in.

I thought Duff would be great (but not as needed as other players would have been had Roeder not been an arsehole) when he came. But he's been very poor overall.

The Zog was our best outfield player last season.

thought we were talking about this season before zog' injury ?

I thought so too.