Bellamy on Saturday

Benwell Lad

you happy now HTL?  :uglystupid2:

Aye, I'm happy. My team won, Bellamy was plagued by bad luck otherwise he'd have scored 4. Imagine him in our team playing alongside Martins instead of Dyer, something Newcastle fans would be over the moon about if it happened. Owen for Bellamy this summer maybe?

By the way, using :uglystupid2: doesn't make it any less abusive than using the words.  No need. :rolleyes:

wasn't bad luck,just thats the way it is with bellamy,he done that time and again for us.he's not a good consistent finisher.

i'd rather see owen and martins first.

Not a lot between Martins and Bellamy, really.

Aye, I'm happy. My team won, Bellamy was plagued by bad luck otherwise he'd have scored 4. Imagine him in our team playing alongside Martins instead of Dyer, something Newcastle fans would be over the moon about if it happened. Owen for Bellamy this summer maybe?

By the way, using :uglystupid2: doesn't make it any less abusive than using the words.  No need. :rolleyes:

wasn't bad luck,just thats the way it is with bellamy,he done that time and again for us.he's not a good consistent finisher.

different types of player,bellamy does a bit more,martins scores more,bellamy is probably at the top of his game,martins (i feel) has a lot more potential to fulfill.

Martins will definetly improve, imagine him at 25!!!.

Bellamy has that nuisance factor and is really good at running the channels, he and martins would work a treat.

what do you guys think about the possible martins- owen partnership?

A martins - owen partnership is something to really look forward to. As martins plays quite well as the "point" of attack and owen likes to play behind the main striker I think we will scare defenses shitless next year if both of them are capable of staying fit...

Add a couple of decent defenders and we could have a half decent first team???

i would like to think it can work but i do have reservations. owen would have to be the furthest forward, and oba will have to do mo work behind him in the channels to create space.

The thing with bellamy is he does those things naturally, im not sure oba will.

i would like to think it can work but i do have reservations. owen would have to be the furthest forward, and oba will have to do mo work behind him in the channels to create space.

The thing with bellamy is he does those things naturally, im not sure oba will.

I think thats exactly what will work for the partnership. Owen and Martins have obvious similarities, but Oba doesnt make the instinctive runs that Owen does and prefers coming from deep. Martins also has the strength and power to add another dimension. The only thing really missing would be the lack of height.

Missed plenty chances, didn't he?  Gutted for the lad.

I'm not. I wanted us to win instead of doing another Birmingham, which could easily have happened. We were torn to shreds by him at times and while he could have done better he was also unlucky. The referee also did us quite a few favours.

Having Bellamy back here playing alongside Martins would be absolutely fantastic for this football club but I know it's not likely to happen.

Let's hope Owen returns as good as he was and stays here.

Unless Owen completely breaks down again I can't see why he wouldn't be the same goalscorer tbh. He's not had that searing pace for a few years now and he's still scored goals, it's natural for him. He's kind of the opposite of Bellamy. ;)

Seriously though, it's his instincts and movement that do it for him now, lots of people always thought he was just about pace (and in his younger days he was lightning) but that's a long time ago now. As i've said before, I hope that Owen's movement creates space for Martins. If those two can get even a basic understanding going opposition defenders will be shitting themselves IMO.

HTL pulling people up on their resorting to 'abuse' :lol:

:rolleyes: Aye.

Surely if I went around abusing people I'd have been banned by now, Alex?

Thought I'd mention this regular and false impression of me you try to create shows you to have the bitchy mentality of a girl, Alex. mackems.gif  Let's face it, Alex can be a girls name just as easily as a boys name. You could be either so I'll go with the evidence to date and assume you're a girl until it's clearer you're not.

Cheers

Unless Owen completely breaks down again I can't see why he wouldn't be the same goalscorer tbh. He's not had that searing pace for a few years now and he's still scored goals, it's natural for him. He's kind of the opposite of Bellamy. ;)

Seriously though, it's his instincts and movement that do it for him now, lots of people always thought he was just about pace (and in his younger days he was lightning) but that's a long time ago now. As i've said before, I hope that Owen's movement creates space for Martins. If those two can get even a basic understanding going opposition defenders will be shitting themselves IMO.

I agree.

I agree.

a lot depends on the supply.

I agree.

True, so it'll hinge a lot on shifting Parker, especially if the team accomodates Owen, Martins, Dyer and Zog. They'll spend half the match being offside by the time he releases the ball.

I noticed in another thread where people are picking their best team that there are still loads of Parker/Emre partnership supporters. Amazing really.

I agree.

True, so it'll hinge a lot on shifting Parker, especially if the team accomodates Owen, Martins, Dyer and Zog. They'll spend half the match being offside by the time he releases the ball.

I noticed in another thread where people are picking their best team that there are still loads of Parker/Emre partnership supporters. Amazing really.

The Butt-Dyer partnership wasn't too clever either against Birmingham, tbh.

different types of player,bellamy does a bit more,martins scores more,bellamy is probably at the top of his game,martins (i feel) has a lot more potential to fulfill.

That last bit is very subjective (and fair enough, of course). I'd personally take either of them in my team, two fine players i feel.

I agree.

Far from the best partnership, clearly.

Best central partnership is currently Parker and Dyer, but ideally, Parker and A N Other.

Guest Sniffer

I wouldn't mention n'zogbia as being deserving of a midfield slot at this time. He has as much chance of being a one season wonder as making it as a consistent premier league player based on his performances prior to his injury.

I wouldn't mention n'zogbia as being deserving of a midfield slot at this time. He has as much chance of being a one season wonder as making it as a consistent premier league player based on his performances prior to his injury.

Which have been FAR better than Duff, the only genuine contender for that position.

Which have been FAR better than Duff, the only genuine contender for that position.

hate glasses on there...duff and n'zogbia were equally as bad before charles injury.

hate glasses on there...duff and n'zogbia were equally as bad before charles injury.

"hate glasses"? Wind it in.

I thought Duff would be great (but not as needed as other players would have been had Roeder not been an arsehole) when he came. But he's been very poor overall.

The Zog was our best outfield player last season.

"hate glasses"? Wind it in.

I thought Duff would be great (but not as needed as other players would have been had Roeder not been an arsehole) when he came. But he's been very poor overall.

The Zog was our best outfield player last season.

thought we were talking about this season before zog' injury ?

Guest Sniffer

Although I don't think that was directed at me, I don't hate either player. Just commenting on n'zogbia's performances as I saw them prior to his injury this season. Nothing to do with Duff who has also been disappointing.