Bellamy on Saturday

Benwell Lad

Should have scored more than one tbh.....

perhaps Oba would have done better with those chances that Bellamy had.

;D

I don't know if he would, hsi consistency is, well, inconsistent, isn't it.

We were lucky Bellamy didn't put more of his chances away. A different striker would have. He had our defence all ends up several times (no surprise given the lack of quality of half of them, i know)

;D

It's very possible Martins would've never had those chances. I love Oba, but his vision is NOT as good as Bellamy's (combined with his runs, that's his main asset).

you happy now HTL?  :uglystupid2:

Aye, I'm happy. My team won, Bellamy was plagued by bad luck otherwise he'd have scored 4. Imagine him in our team playing alongside Martins instead of Dyer, something Newcastle fans would be over the moon about if it happened. Owen for Bellamy this summer maybe?

By the way, using :uglystupid2: doesn't make it any less abusive than using the words.  No need. :rolleyes:

;D

It's very possible Martins would've never had those chances. I love Oba, but his vision is NOT as good as Bellamy's (combined with his runs, that's his main asset).

Agreed. I'm sure most others will agree too.

Having watched the post match interview on MOTD last night, I thought Bellamy was rather magnanimous, which perhaps shows his affection for the club, despite how he left.

I met him a couple of years back at Edinburgh airport just after he had lost the league on the last day when at Celtic.  I had a couple of drinks with him at the airport and travelled down to Bristol with him on the plane.  Whatever impression he gives to the media and to people watching him on the pitch (I agree that he never stops whinging) he was nothing but pleasant and interesting to talk to.  Just glas he wasn't on the winning side yesterday. O0

Having watched the post match interview on MOTD last night, I thought Bellamy was rather magnanimous, which perhaps shows his affection for the club, despite how he left.

I met him a couple of years back at Edinburgh airport just after he had lost the league on the last day when at Celtic.  I had a couple of drinks with him at the airport and travelled down to Bristol with him on the plane.  Whatever impression he gives to the media and to people watching him on the pitch (I agree that he never stops whinging) he was nothing but pleasant and interesting to talk to.  Just glas he wasn't on the winning side yesterday. O0

I'd do a deal with the bin dippers involving Owen and Bellamy in the summer, tbh.

Aye, I'm happy. My team won, Bellamy was plagued by bad luck otherwise he'd have scored 4. Imagine him in our team playing alongside Martins instead of Dyer, something Newcastle fans would be over the moon about if it happened. Owen for Bellamy this summer maybe? By the way, using :uglystupid2: doesn't make it any less abusive than using the words.  No need. :rolleyes:

That would be a great piece of business, but hardly likely is it ?

He was superb yesterday and showed he has lost none of his desire and passion, just glad he didn't round it off with goals.

You're right Martins and Bellamy would terrify any premiership defence.

The booing yesterday was pretty minimal - it's always gonna be audible - but no one around where I was sitting joined in which probably indicates the majority of NUFC fans still appreciate him.

If only we could get him back in a B&W shirt  ??

Aye, I'm happy. My team won, Bellamy was plagued by bad luck otherwise he'd have scored 4. Imagine him in our team playing alongside Martins instead of Dyer, something Newcastle fans would be over the moon about if it happened. Owen for Bellamy this summer maybe? By the way, using :uglystupid2: doesn't make it any less abusive than using the words.  No need. :rolleyes:

He was superb yesterday and showed he has lost none of his desire and passion, just glad he didn't round it off with goals.

The booing yesterday was pretty minimal - it's always gonna be audible - but no one around where I was sitting joined in which probably indicates the majority of NUFC fans still appreciate him.

If only we could get him back in a B&W shirt ???

I agree it's not likely, but then I never thought we'd sign Owen, tbh. Stranger things have happened.

Had a massive argument with the people around me becasue i clapped him.  Any one who scores the goal that takes us through the camp league is a hero.  Ok he might of had problems with other players but he never said anything but good things about the newcastle fans.  Oh and i have more things about big al being a cock.

My mams mate works in the hospital he was in.  Some of the nurses asked him for his autogrpah and he said yeah sure no problem.....then 10 min later complains to the managment.

Guest Kenton Magpie

No doubt he has done alot for Nufc over the years, but he was the making of his own fall and for this he deserved all he got yesterday and the way he celebrated after scoring against the club he apparently loves didnt help the cause either

Aye, I'm happy. My team won, Bellamy was plagued by bad luck otherwise he'd have scored 4. Imagine him in our team playing alongside Martins instead of Dyer, something Newcastle fans would be over the moon about if it happened. Owen for Bellamy this summer maybe?

By the way, using :uglystupid2: doesn't make it any less abusive than using the words.  No need. :rolleyes:

I'd say it was more to do with Bellamy being awful in front of goal rather than bad luck, just glad his finishing hasn't improved since he left here.

Those texts he sent Shepherd Jr will make it highly unlikely he'll be back with this current board in charge.

If he signed for NUFC again, he would receive a huge welcome back.

WOULD HE f***

You've just revealed you know very little about Newcastle.

so he would be welcomed, yeah see the reaction of the people tomorrow my friend

It appears you also don't understand the difference between Bellamy returning as Liverepool player compared to returning as a Newcastle player.  :coolsmiley: 

There are also people who still believe the propaganda spouted by souness and his band of arse lickers, so I've no doubt Bellamy will be subject to booing this afternoon by some brainless morons (irony there, like), but wtf does his reception today have to do with him being welcomed back as a player for Newcastle?

people don't like him. get over it.

people don't like Roy Keane either.

Peter Beardsley left Newcastle for Liverpool, slagging the club off, waving to the Kop as Newcastle player and denied that it was a sign he was leaving us for Liverpool. He was welcomed back 7 years later. Why is this do you think ?

And - who do you think insulted the club more ? The locally born player who wanted to leave the club because they were shite, or the player with no emotional allegiance to the club who made it clear that he didn't want to go but was forced out ?

No doubt he has done alot for Nufc over the years, but he was the making of his own fall and for this he deserved all he got yesterday and the way he celebrated after scoring against the club he apparently loves didnt help the cause either

there is only one person who should be booed and castigated for the departure of Craig Bellamy from Newcastle. In fact he should be hung from the Tyne Bridge by his bollocks. And it isn't the player who made it clear that he didnt' want to leave the club ? Why do "supporters" boo a player who didn't want to leave the club ?

Do you remember Shearer celebrating a goal for Blackburn at the Gallowgate end against the team he "loves".

Do you remember Shearer celebrating a goal for Blackburn at the Gallowgate end against the team he "loves".

aye, absolutely hysterical he was.

Wonder why that is different ?

How would swapping some thats likely to score 15-20 goals a season for one that would struggle to score 10 be a good piece of business?

Dont get me wrong bellamy is a great player but he isnt half the player owen is. Which we will see next season.

Owen and Martins will be a much better partnership than Bellars and Martins IMO. The flack Owen gets on this board is ridiculous.

How would swapping some thats likely to score 15-20 goals a season for one that would struggle to score 10 be a good piece of business?

Dont get me wrong bellamy is a great player but he isnt half the player owen is. Which we will see next season.

Owen and Martins will be a much better partnership than Bellars and Martins IMO. The flack Owen gets on this board is ridiculous.

Personally think Bellamy Martins would be a much better partnership. Bellamy creates tons of space for his team and his performance against us reminded me of how quickly a team can counter attack purely because of Bellamy's running - similar to C.Ronaldo in terms of effect, one second theyre on the back foot, the next second theyre bombing forward and before you get over your team missing the chance, the ball is in our penalty area. I think his work down the flank, with Martins down the middle, would be an unstoppable combination. A perfect counter-attacking combo.

Martins Owen would be a different type of frontline, more lethal in terms of goals alone, but wouldnt be as beneficial to the team as a partnership with Bellamy in it.

Bit like the difference between the Ferdinand Beardo partnership, and the Shearer Ferdinand partnership. The first one led to a far more fluid team whilst together they scored less, the second one both players scored heavily but the team was less fluid.

Bellamy's overall contribution to the team would be a big plus imo, but I hope you're right and that if Owen stays it works well with Martins. I think it will, I see no reason why not. I'd prefer Bellamy though.

Who is giving Owen flak?

Guest Kenton Magpie

I remember it well, but at no time before that goal did Shearer ever play for us, so i think in that you have one valid reason why bellamy deserved what he got!

wasn't bad luck,just thats the way it is with bellamy,he done that time and again for us.he's not a good consistent finisher.

i'd rather see owen and martins first.