Bellamy on Saturday

Benwell Lad

He didn't have to go. If you want to win anything you must keep your best players.

When it became clear the manager was putting his ego ahead of what is best for the club by taking him off against Charlton Souness should have been the one to go. As BottleDog has said a number of times now, Souness is the only "manager" who has failed to manage Craig Bellamy.

He didn't have to go. If you want to win anything you must keep your best players.

When it became clear the manager was putting his ego ahead of what is best for the club by taking him off against Charlton Souness should have been the one to go. As BottleDog has said a number of times now, Souness is the only "manager" who has failed to manage Craig Bellamy.

at the end of the day mate, we aint gonna come to an agreement on this so we might as well just leave it there!

Guest Ridzuan

Bellamy was a great player for us.I was very gutted when he left us.I know he had some problems with some people in the club,and I dont like him for that.But apart from that,I think he has been wonderful for us.Its unfortunate that there were some misunderstanding.I am still a fan of him and Im going to continue to do so.However,Im hoping and I believe we can keep him quiet tomorrow.

Bellamy was on Talksport a couple of months ago, talking to that Welsh presenter. A couple of questions were put to him and one was from a Newcastle fan asking when he was coming back. He laughed a bit, said all the usual stuff about having good times. Then he said that without bringing up the obvious issues, it was actually 'people higher up' he was most upset with. Later in the interview he went on to slate Chairmen who 'have to have something to say in the papers every week.' It offers nothing to this debate, but I found it a really interesting interview.

Bellamy was on Talksport a couple of months ago, talking to that Welsh presenter. A couple of questions were put to him and one was from a Newcastle fan asking when he was coming back. He laughed a bit, said all the usual stuff about having good times. Then he said that without bringing up the obvious issues, it was actually 'people higher up' he was most upset with. Later in the interview he went on to slate Chairmen who 'have to have something to say in the papers every week.' It offers nothing to this debate, but I found it a really interesting interview.

Bellamy vs Shepherd. That'll be a good one. :lol:

In that case he should be a hero on here.

Bellamy vs Shepherd. That'll be a good one. :lol:

Wasn't it Shepherd who said that he would never go to a club as big as Newcastle again?

/or was that just HTT? ;)

Bellamy gets abuse everywhere he goes. He will thrive on it. I won't be booing him. I appreciate what a brilliant player he was while he was here. He's never slagged the fans of or anything. Dyer has been been forgiven for most of Tyneside for the way he pissed Sir Bobby about. Who did Bellamy piss about? Souness. At the end of the day Bellamy done more for us in his time here than Dyer has done and Dyer is still at the club. Not looking to turn this into a Bellamy v Dyer debate like but i don't see why Bellamy should be hated by everyone. He's gonna get the abuse anyway though (wrongly imo).

Disagree. We might need Dyer more than Bellamy now cos of the style of strikers we have, but i will never forget how good Bellamy was alongside Shearer. Not that Dyer is a striker anyway like. Bellamy was consistant. He will never be an out an out goalscorer, but he made the world of difference, and he made plenty of goals as well i think. Dyer has been delivering since he came back, but i won't be fully convinced until he has a consistent season. Any time he has played a full season he hasn't been consistent with any sort of end product.

Any time he has played a full season he hasn't had any sort of end product.

could say the same about both

And if you said it about Bellamy you'd be wrong.

when has he had an end product?

Bellamy was one of the key reasons Shearer turned into a 25+ goal a season striker again. He ripped defences apart and made goals for Shearer and also made space for Shearer. He did that consistently. That in itself made him consistent for me throughout his time here when he partnered Shearer.

Bellamy was one of the key reasons Shearer turned into a 25+ goal a season striker again. He ripped defences apart and made goals for Shearer and also made space for Shearer. He did that consistently. That in itself made him consistent for me throughout his time here when he partnered Shearer.

You're wasting your time posting commonsense like that.

WTF is an "end product" exactly?

most prominantly: goals

It's been explained for you here:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=35993.msg704413#msg704413

It's been explained for you here:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=35993.msg704413#msg704413

that just tells me Shearer scored loads of goals