Gooch

Dragon55544

From what I saw today, best def we have. Very aware or what is going on around him and knows instinctively when to come tight or drop off.

Huge presence as well which breeds a kind of feeling of safety on set pieces.

I would buy him without hesitation for around £3m if we could.

I didn't see the extended highlights of the Fulham game (un)fortunately. I couldn't bring myself to watch it. However, from people on here and from several ratings here and there from various newspapers and websites, it appeared to be that he was assured and controlled at the back. And today, again, i haven't seen it yet - but i will do - it seemed to me that people were pleased by his performance.

Great news, so far. We shouldn't get too excited yet, but it's certainly encouraging. Baring in mind that he has taken part in two hurrendous backlines so far, and has stood beside Bramble on both occassions. Will look forward to hearing how he and Taylor perform together.

But so far - sounds promising!

Did you see today's game, T27?

Hasnt really been tested yet.

Its strange how Bramble seems to attract all the pressure, hes like a magnet for the opposition. Gooch spends most of the game having little to do except for mopping up.

Looks pretty solid though from the 2 games hes played. Very average, but no mistakes and does what youd expect a centreback to do.

Its strange how Bramble seems to attract all the pressure, hes like a magnet for the opposition.

not really strange.  I remember in that leaked dosier from chelsea last year which had specific instructions to go after boumsong.  Just managers telling players to go after the weakest link.

looking forward to watching him on football first.

Looked good against Fulham on FF. Solid and throws his body infront of anything he can. Wasnt as confident in the air as I would have expected him to be, but today I hear he was the opposite.

Against Fulham he looked very composed on the ball, and not in a beligerant Bramble way.

Given a solid partner Id easily pick him first amoungst what we have.

Gooch and Woodgate  O0

Gooch and Distin certainly wouldnt be a bad shout, did he sign a new contract in the end? either way I think if we wanted Distin we would have bought him in January.

Its strange how Bramble seems to attract all the pressure, hes like a magnet for the opposition. Gooch spends most of the game having little to do except for mopping up.

Not really THAT strange... weakest link, n'all

Its strange how Bramble seems to attract all the pressure, hes like a magnet for the opposition.

not really strange.  I remember in that leaked dosier from chelsea last year which had specific instructions to go after boumsong.  Just managers telling players to go after the weakest link.

Beat me to it! Great minds, etc...

Did you see today's game, T27?

Didn't see the game today, but from what I saw when at Fulham, Bramble is the charger, Gooch is the sweeper. However, McBride really got the better of Gooch during that game.

Up against the Premiership's best aerial striker one week, then Liverpool's attack the next - which included an in-form Craig Bellamy and Dirk Kuyt.

I think he has been tested...