Zulte-Waragem v NUFC - Pre-Match Thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

Well hopefully Glen will order the lads to go for it for 90 minutes so that we win comfortably when we have a 10 days rest, and then in the return leg rest players ahead of the trip to Wigan. I think Five will have it, Tottenham have a bye so they can't show them and Blackburn have hardly had a sniff of TV coverage so far.

Aye Channel5 are doing it. Ace! :lol:

We really should be just brushing these aside. They're currently 12th in the Belgium league, they're absolutely shit. I hope we give one or two others a run out.

Harper

Solano --- Taylor --- Edgar --- Huntington

Milner --- Parker --- Butt --- O'Brien

Martins --- Sibierski

Subs: Srnicek, Bramble, Babayaro, Duff, Luque, Carroll, Dyer

Aye Channel5 are doing it. Ace! :lol:

We really should be just brushing these aside. They're currently 12th in the Belgium league, they're absolutely s***. I hope we give one or two others a run out.

they just trashed Gooch's Standard Liege 3-1 (who are 3rd). Still think we'll come through but best not to be too overconfident and end up out the cup

We are playing a shite side,so Roeder will propbly start with

Harper

Solano  Taylor  Bramble  Babayaro

Milner    Parker  Butt      Duff

Martins/Sibreski        Luque

Almost sure he going to rest Dyer/Play Luque..

It would be nice to give old Edgar a run out. Maybe Duff too, let him gain some confidence back. And of course, the big Sib.

Not going to happen with Roeder's team selection policy! I wouldn't be too surprised to see us starting with Bramble and Baba once again. Taylor just isn't a right back with his attacking and technical ability so why bother playing him there? Parker was great against Pool and no doubt he's one of the best anchor role players in the league if he'd just keep it simple and not trying to go forward...

Yep...Dyer to be rested would be nice but Roeder picking Luque to start just seems impossible to me. Some of our regular starters should be rested like Martins and Milner but we got no backup for them really. Maybe not in an away game but it would be great too see Roeder trying our promising youngsters like Edgar, Carroll and Kazenga but I can't see that happening even in a return leg with 5 goals advantage or something.

It would be nice to give old Edgar a run out. Maybe Duff too, let him gain some confidence back. And of course, the big Sib.

Dyer to be rested would be nice but Roeder picking Luque to start just seems impossible to me

Good post

In europe,Luque is always going to start or play a a part in a game

In the Premership,F.A Cup,League Cup theirs a bigger chance that Pattison will start rather then Luque..

Guest andynufc84

With us not having a game in the prem on the weekend after the first game, I think Roeder will pick his strongest side.

Harper

Solano    Taylor  Bramble  Baba

Milner      Butt    Parker    Duff

Dyer  Martins

By all account Waragem arn't a great side and this is there first season is european football, but it would be a mistake to under estimate them

Guest Darth Toon

With us not having a game in the prem on the weekend after the first game, I think Roeder will pick his strongest side.

Harper

Solano    Taylor  Bramble  Baba

Milner      Butt    Parker    Duff

Dyer  Martins

By all account Waragem arn't a great side and this is there first season is european football, but it would be a mistake to under estimate them

Agree with that, assuming Nobby is OK after limping off yesterday - has anyone heard anytihng about his injury yet?

Guest andynufc84

It would be ideal if we could get the job done in the first leg then we could rest a few for the second leg, with wigan away

on the sunday  O0

We really should be just brushing these aside. They're currently 12th in the Belgium league, they're absolutely shit. I hope we give one or two others a run out.

Like we really should have just brushed Birmingham aside?

The UEFA cup is our only chance at silverware, I hope we don't get complacent.

any ideas if Emre is back from his mysterious injury for this Thursday?

the two legs in one week with no Premiership game in between would be ideal for Emre to return to match fitness ala Duff, Babayaro.

Harper

--------------------------------------------------

--- Solano -- Taylor -- Bramble -- Babayaro

---------------------------------------------------

----------------- Butt --- Emre ----------------

--- Milner ----------------------------- Duff ----

---------------------------- Luque ---------------

------------------ Martins ---------------------

Subs: Krul, Ramage, Huntington, Parker, Dyer, Sibierski

Prediction Zulte 0 v 2 Newcastle, Martins, Luque

Like we really should have just brushed Birmingham aside?

The UEFA cup is our only chance at silverware, I hope we don't get complacent.

Aye, we should have brushed Birmingham aside. Just like we should brush these ones aside. They're a very poor team. I don't think we'll get complacent as such, but i really do see this as a time to give one or two others a chance. After all, that's what Roeder has been doing all season long in the UEFA Cup. He hasn't played his best side every game, notably Palermo, where we rested two or three key players.

I've researched Waregem and they're not a good side. That was a good win against Standard Liege, but they've had some naff results of late.

I'm not complacent, i'm just highly confident.

any ideas if Emre is back from his mysterious injury for this Thursday?

the two legs in one week with no Premiership game in between would be ideal for Emre to return to match fitness ala Duff, Babayaro.

Harper

--------------------------------------------------

--- Solano -- Taylor -- Bramble -- Babayaro

---------------------------------------------------

----------------- Butt --- Emre ----------------

--- Milner ----------------------------- Duff ----

---------------------------- Luque ---------------

------------------ Martins ---------------------

Subs: Krul, Ramage, Huntington, Parker, Dyer, Sibierski

Prediction Zulte 0 v 2 Newcastle, Martins, Luque

This formation will be class

I really want to see the Luque-Martins partnership,Martins got the pace while Luque got the technique,i think they will work well toghther,But its most likely to see Sibreski and Luque playing side by side,wich will be a really bad thing for us..

Guest smoggeordie

Play our best side, get the tie over and won, then play a weakened side in the second leg with the wigan game just days after.