What is your first choice 16 when we have a fully fit squad?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest andynufc84

I'm genuinely shocked by the number of people who are selecting Parker-Emre in the middle.

They are our best 2 central midfield players, but when watching them play together they seem completely incompatible.

Its very frustrating, as in theory Parker should play as the holding midfield player and Emre as the more forward thinking creative player. I would still like to think they could be a partnership, they are both good players and should be able to do it.

Butt/Emre would be good, however I don't think Roeder will drop Parker, he's our captain, and obviously when he's playing well he's a tremendous asset to the team. Butt/Parker have done well but there is not enough spark coming from the centre of the park.

Catch 22

I like Parker, and i wish there was a way of fitting him into the side. But i just don't think there is. You can't drop Emre and you can't drop Butt, and Roeder seems to think that you can't drop Parker, for some reason. Butt and Emre have proved to be the best partnership - with Butt sitting and the little Turk driving forward. That partnership highlights each player's strengths, whereas Parker-Emre highlights each other's weaknesses.

Id go for one of Taylor27s formations

GIVEN

SOLANO    TAYLOR    GOOCH    EDGAR

MILNER    PARKER      EMRE      ZOG

DYER

OWEN      MARTINS

Krul

Bramble

Luque

Duff

Ameobi

Given

Nobby Taylor, Gooch,Babayaro

Dyer Emre(h)/Parker(a) Butt Milner

Martins

Owen

Krul, Edgar, Emre/Paker, Duff or N'Zog - let them armwrestle for it, Ameobi

Id go for one of Taylor27s formations

GIVEN

SOLANO     TAYLOR    GOOCH    EDGAR

MILNER     PARKER       EMRE      ZOG

DYER

OWEN      MARTINS

Krul

Bramble

Luque

Duff

Ameobi

Your line up is with 12 players ;D ;D

Here goes......

---------------------------------------------Given--------------------------------------------

Solano------------------Taylor---------------------Gooch---------------------Edgar

Milner--------------------Butt------------------------Dyer--------------------N'Zogbia

---------------------------Owen----------------------Martins------------------------------

Subs:

Harper

Bramble

Parker

Emre

Ameobi

This.

Here goes......

---------------------------------------------Given--------------------------------------------

Solano------------------Taylor---------------------Gooch---------------------Edgar

Milner--------------------Butt------------------------Dyer--------------------N'Zogbia

---------------------------Owen----------------------Martins------------------------------

Subs:

Harper

Bramble

Parker

Emre

Ameobi

This.

That would be pretty good too. Except have Sib on the bench instead of Shiteobi.

Given

Solano                 Gooch                                                                   Taylor                           Edgar

Milner                    Butt                                                                      Emre                            N'Zogbia

Owen                                                                      Martins

Subs: Krul, Moore, Sibierski, Parker, Dyer

top 4 team IMO when all on form.

take away edgar and insert a half decent LB maybe.

Seems to me an intelligent, hard working player who needs first team opportunities. To say the very least he shits all over baba. We probably do need a new left back, but I don't think we should splash the cash on someone fairly young and expensive. Cheap and experienced to fill the gap till Edgar is ready to step in as a week on week regular who won't cost too much.

I do like Edgar, however he's no more a left back than Taylor is a right back, square pegs in round holes and all that.

A square peg is still better than a shite Babayaro.