Owen up and running

Skirge

Guest andynufc84

I hope he returns at the start of the 07/08 season

Having been given an extra four months to train and get sharpe in pre-season, guarantee a fresh and fitter Owen to return.

He's a class act, lets give him the longest possible time to recover, gain strength and fitness ready to go for the new season.

Guest smoggeordie

Next season...no real point in bringing him back this season...not worth the risk tbh

Is it worth the risk if Steadman says he is fit to play in the Uefa Cup quarter finals?

If he's declared fit by the doctors,  surgeons etc,  then its not a risk.  If we're still in the UEFA cup,  then bloody right we should play him.

Given; Solano, Gooch, Taylor, Babayaro, Duff, Parker, Dyer, Milner, Martins & Owen.

Harper; Bramble, Moore, Emre, Butt, Sibierski, N'Zogbia.

What a bloody good line-up we could have.

Next season...no real point in bringing him back this season...not worth the risk tbh

Is it worth the risk if Steadman says he is fit to play in the Uefa Cup quarter finals?

Once he's fit to play he's fit to play.

It can take some players upto a full season to gain total confidence in the 'repair' after an injury like this, so he needs to start playing as soon as possible once he's cleared to do so. That clearance to play is the key, as long as it's real and it's not too soon then he should get on with it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He is doing speed work and turning exercises as the pictures show. This is the final phase of the rehab programme. He will do a week of this and then assess the reaction.

If he has no reaction from this, Michael will be ready to start light training in 10 days with view to full training in 14-21 days.

I predict MO will be on the bench for the Charlton game 17/3/07 (if he has no reaction)

Roeder will not risk Owen in the slightest, he will do what he did with Dyer and that method seems to have worked well for him. I still owen will play again this season getting 15 mins here and there, cannot wait though to see Martins and Owen uptop together. I just wish we had the right squad to enable us to play Dyer inbehid them.

Milner----------Parker--------------Duff

------------------Dyer

----------Owen--------Martins

Guest Kenton Magpie

If we go far in the Uefa cup we would be stupid not to bring Owen back, i believe he will be the difference between falling at the final hurdle and actually winning the bugger, regardless of the fact he's been out for ages!

Guest andynufc84

Martins and Dyer caused the best defence in the league problems on saturday, throw Owen in as well and we could be very good going forward. We need another creative midfielder in the centre of the park who will complement Parker, Charlie, Milner and Duff. Going off topic a little bit there

If we go far in the Uefa cup we would be stupid not to bring Owen back, i believe he will be the difference between falling at the final hurdle and actually winning the bugger, regardless of the fact he's been out for ages!

Agree there. He could be the difference between us doing a Boro if we get to the final, and actually winning the thing. Him, Dyer & Martins together, would be interesting to see it work.

Guest Jangles

Next season is going to be interesting with Owen, Martins, Shola and Dyer all looking to play centre forward. I know a few folk are going to say Dyer should be in central midfield but for me he gets crowded out too often in the middle and hes at his best further up the pitch running at defenders

I think Gooch is going to be a bigger miss in the EUFA cup for us than Owen will be, I just hope he is back as soon as he can be without taking risks.

I think you are right about Gooch

We'll have to play Taylor-Bramble  partnership in the remaining of the UEFA cup

Sicko, you sound like you have some sort of medical knowledge.

I have none - yet i still know that Owen will not be back this season.

Be realistic. I don't think even Roeder believes he'll have him back this season. Would be great and those pictures are nice to see, but it ain't gonna happen.

I'm just looking forward to next season.