Thursday is the big day lads.

Guest Deep456

Guest scottfx

How is it embarrassing that we won a knockout competition that gave us entry to the uefa cup? a cup that we have a good chance of winning.  Its nice to see us being awarded for our efferts for once lol

How is it embarrassing that we won a knockout competition that gave us entry to the uefa cup? a cup that we have a good chance of winning.  Its nice to see us being awarded for our efferts for once lol

I knew someone would say that even though I didn't say that :lol: I meant making a big deal out of winning it is a bit embarrassing imo.

Guest scottfx

yer well its nice to be able to go to SJP and see the lads lift a cup . . . .especialy for the younger fans.  I think its a bit crap that the presentation is before kick off though...surely would be better if it was after the game.

It may not be the most sort after cup in football, but we won it and therefore deserve to celebrate it. Iys not like they are going to go over the top witht he celebrations, like gettign an open top buss or anything, but they well deserve some big noise from us lot!

O0 O0 O0

A competition in which we played one round, over two legs, then got into the last 32 of Uefa Cup in order to win. And we only had to play that extra round because we weren't high enough in the league to get into the Uefa automatically. Please tell me you're all winding me up.

Regardless of how we got in etc it's still a competition that we won...ie beating other teams.

Aye.

Deserves a bit of shouting about tbh

Hadaway and s****.

Guest Gemmill

I hope they play "We Are The Champions" and have a UEFA podium in the centre circle.  Defo need some fireworks an'all.  Should probably get "UEFA Cup Winners 2006/7" embroidered on the shirt under the badge as well.

:lol:  Big day.

Nice little accolade, and i'm not complaining. We've overcome one or two half-decent to shit teams to win it. And after all - we have won it.

But if i miss the presentation i won't be crying my eyes out.

YOu know its only embarasing because the first 2 teams we played were Nothing special.  After that the quality of the opposition got much better.

IN order to have won this cup, we had to beat at least 2 teams from our grp.(come 3rd in grp)  ALot of the premership clubs would have been nervous about facing, Fenebache, palermo, or celta vigo. 

MAybe the wins were slightly lucky, but we DID beat them.  Palermo are still 3rd in italian league atmo. 

FUrther.....in times past wasnt this competition called the intercity vase or something?  Or is that something differnt?